1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

About IntGT DLC & Release 1.3

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rmagid1010, Jan 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

the usual qualification settings, I suppose. but it doesn't really matter since the IRL quali times are still at 2:02. the aliens should do between 2:02-2:00 if you want to compare this fairly. so, yes; the tracks SHOULD be slower by 1-2 seconds. no matter the conditions

and if you still have doubts about the track pace, please have a look at here:
    https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/results/2019-results/

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  2. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

that still explains that the tracks are way too fast than IRL :D

ignission likes this.
  3. spaceweed10

spaceweed10 Racer

I can sit on my motion platform rig for hours trying to choose a track and car to race. Sometimes after 2 or 3 hours I still haven't made a choice and have to turn off my PC through sheer exhaustion...

sissydriver likes this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

No? Conditions do matter.

Mogster and ignission like this.
  5. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

With the elevation changes present on this track, I can imagine that the lack of felt g-forces allows virtual drivers to be much more aggressive here.

Imagine the rebound that occurs in the suspension going over Skyline at speed, feeling the car slam back down to the tarmac under compression, and trying to gain enough control to do the quick right/left into the Dipper in real life. Sure, you can simulate the behavior through the wheel, but you can’t simulate the pucker factor of those large forces acting on your body. Maybe a motion rig would, but I don’t think the scale would be anywhere close.

And as you come further down the hill, the angle would be telling your inner ear that you’re in the process of falling down the hill, which would combine with the sense of speed in a way you just can’t simulate at all. You would react in a much different way than in sim, as it’d no longer be a left/right/speed issue.

These factors are going to weigh on how a real driver pushes his car, while a virtual driver won’t even notice they are missing and will push harder, with faster reaction time.

Si., anthonylroy and GCCRacer like this.
  6. for me it's bathurst, got the new track medals for all the DLC tracks, and now I'm stuck to driving Mount Panorama over and over, I've already driven over 2k km on it. Every morning I wake up like, ok today, I'm gonna race one of the 3 other tracks... open up the game, hmm let's do a quick warm up on mount panorama, then 6 hours later, I'm still on mount panorama and my arms/wrist are spaghetti from the DD wheel

7. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

conditions do matter when we compare a certain fork of times. not when a certain track is OVERALL 1-3 seconds faster than what it is IRL ;)

8. I ran into a similar bug like @richard thompson.
    Tested Suzuka, great track, awesome at night, I love it. Next stop Laguna Seca in the United States, I love it like usual. :) Now the plan was a quick visit at Bathurst to gain the 3 medals there and fligh away to Kyalami becauseI never liked Bathurst in other games. now it seems I'll stuck forever in Australia
    Now the plan was a quick visit at Bathurst to gain the 3 medals there and fly away to Kyalami because I never liked Bathurst in other games.
    But now in ACC it seems I'll stuck forever in Australia. What a hell of a track. The good thing the mountain section is not too long because I'm holding my breath every time. No blink of an eye. :eek:
    A bit longer and I would go unconscious :D
    I missed already so many flights to South Africa on purpose :p

fireballR18, flihp, Coanda and 3 others like this.
  9. I'm far away from being an alien. So I'm happy to set a 2:02 high for the very first time :D

ignission likes this.
  10. Wow my post seems to broken :eek: Mow I can't edit it anymore :( What's the reason behind the limited "edit time"?

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Pro: The lobby has never been so full. Sweet!

Con: The lobby needs some love. When will the matchmaking weights actually do something meaningful..?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latency user weight = 100%

Top of my list: Monza (10% user weight) -- 350+ ping -- 50 SA -- in practice session
    Mid of my list: Barcelona (90% user weight) -- 250 ping -- 80 SA -- in practice session

Result: Ignore my Latency & Track weighting and display a server top of my list I have no use for.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few of us brought this up 8 months ago and we were told it was being looked at.. I'm not sure what is so difficult to sort a list and restrict entries based on some user settings. If it is, then maybe the original concept was more complex than it needed to be. It's OK to be fancy however fancy has to work or else you just end up looking like ......

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, you just say that but to determine if the times are overall off you have to compare those times first, with conditions matching as far as possible. Which still leaves out elements like g-forces, fear (especially with this track), little practice time per driver, etc. If the quickest aliens that can train all day are 1-2 seconds faster in the sim than irl then that's fine in my book.

So, how do you come to the conclusion that the track is "OVERALL 1-3 seconds faster" if we're not comparing a certain fork of times?

13. lottalava

lottalava Racer

I just want to say Kunos made an awesome job doing this track!

Regards,
    lottalava

14. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

Agreed. This track freeking rocks! I've had some races that gave me goosebumps. Amazing immersion.

F1Aussie and Alistair McKinley like this.
  15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, the attention to detail blows your mind when you see stuff like in the post quoted below:

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

A nice touch by Kunos for 9 times Bathurst winner Peter Brock.. Brock died in a racing accident in 2006.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

That's pretty fricken impressive, will have to stop and look next time I turn some laps there.

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Given the speed and concentration required around there I wonder how many people would fly past it and never see it, my guess is most

Tundra likes this.
  19. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

did you actually read my posts or not? I may not have mentioned that I barely know Bathurst, but I did mention that I'm not an alien and that I'm generally 2 seconds off pace from the real lap times on the 2018 and 2019 Blancpain tracks.(apart from Spa on which I can do 2:19 at best). so how come that I can match or even beat the real laptimes on the ICGT tracks? me, an averagely fast driver. and that, on any conditions. day, night, hot, cold, green, fast and optimum.
    my best is a 2:01.4 at Bathurst on hotlap and on optimum grip. the first time I did a 2:01.9 was in a race. during the night. even a friend that doesn't know the track can still manage a 2:02 and he's always behind the top 10 in a race.
    on Kyalami, I 'm very close to 1:42. and it's a freaking new track on which I barely drove since it's out. the pole was a 1:42.876.
    Laguna Seca, 1:23. I drove only one time on it. the pole was 1:23.759 done by a KCMG Nissan.
    Suzuka, I did a 2:01 like Bathurst. again, I drove only 15 laps max. the pole was 2:00.455 done by a BMW.
    again, for Bathurst, look here: https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/results/2019-results/ those are the official results for 2019.
    don't tell me that I can be better than the real drivers on those tracks while I'm clearly not on the original ones

20. flihp

flihp Racer

exactly, I only noticed as I lost the rear end of my Nissan during practice and checked replay in slow mo, f7 out of car and only noticed it there.. car gets airborne there and then bounces out of control, I think I’m coming in too hard, lol,
    I went around the track then looking for further messages such as dick Johnson and the famous rock, but no luck...