1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Unreal

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by el_goe, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

An excellent watch and a smart solution to combat this problem. Thank you for sharing and giving some hope for the near future..

Question is when will we see ATAA..?

I also wonder if Kunos have tested anything here..?

2. houssen

houssen Racer

man if they haven't implemented it

It is that it shall not bring
    for some reason

they are the first interested in everything going better

3. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

so do you need a rtx nvida card for this

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

5. ignission

ignission Simracer

Well, @Lord Kunos has just liked the post by @Whitestar so I'd say ATAA is now pretty much confirmed :D

Coanda and Turk like this.
  6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I can't find anything which suggests ATAA is actually available in UE4.

7. ignission

ignission Simracer

I came across this blog post outlining an approach to implementing ATAA in UE4 -

https://thisistian.github.io/post/add-ataa-into-ue4/

But yeah, there doesn't seem to be much out there about it.

8. hehe def no
    I like the fact that tech is moving forward with new solutions.
    Whether or not this will be included into the main UE4 branch and whether or not we are going to move to a new version of UE in the future is totally unknown.

TheBoss, rycil, Whitestar and 5 others like this.
  9. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

So since Kunos said a while ago they won't implement chassis flex i guess this is good news :D

10. houssen

houssen Racer

very surprised at your comment
    are you not going to update to any more current version of unreal?

Now it's around 4.24 I think I remember

11. Turk

Turk Alien

What I take from "unknown", is that they are looking into it. If they weren't going to update they would say no and be done with it. But no promises, they'll try.

I'm guessing upgrading the engine is a pain in the hole. Kunos probably had to make some modifications that will break if they change the engine.

TheBoss likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

welcome back home pussy cat.. :cool:

ignission likes this.
  13. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Think he mean no plans yet. It mostly looks like it depends on what direction ACC will take.

14. chp

chp Rookie

nVidia DLSS (and later AMD's FFSS) are available for UnrealEngine2.6 games

DLSS SDK 2.1 is out and it includes three updates

• VR support. DLSS is now supported for VR titles.
    • Dynamic resolution support. The input buffer can change dimensions from frame to frame while the output size remains fixed. If the rendering engine supports dynamic resolution, DLSS can be used to perform the required upscale to the display resolution.
    So, both flat and VR become much more nicer and affordable for ACC (or next KS title, if they have to abandon ACC)!

15. houssen

houssen Racer

16. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Given that it's never gonna happen for ACC (for completely understandable reasons), reading that is slightly depressing.

rikirk and TheBoss like this.
  17. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

if a bit disappointing, ACC feels perfect in all areas, only VR is down because of the Unreal engine. I'd pay anything for this sim to be just as good in VR as its predecessor.

Rioku, Micii1 and Neawoulf like this.
  18. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Indeed.. sad story. :(

19. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Maybe we'll see DLSS in their next sim (or maybe based on another engine)? I like ACC a lot, but i'm still not convinced the Unreal engine was the best choice for it. I just don't like the blurry look of it and the artifacts TAA creates, not just in VR. But apart from that i think ACC is the most refined racing sim right now. Not a huge amount of content compared to some other sims, but very polished and detailed.

Micii1 and TheBoss like this.
  20. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Wonder how mutch better UE5 is for vr in titles like acc.