1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

ACC is no longer the official SRO game, it is now part of the World GT challenge, hence the site's new banner and the various advertising panels on the circuits.;)

2. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

^I really miss the Blancpain Branding on the 2019 Euro Season...

chksix and SellerieMitDip like this.
  3. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Did you actually read that before posting it? GT World Challenge is the official competition organized by SRO, and it was called like that last year too. Unless you didn't mean SRO but Blancpain. Then yes, Blancpain is not anymore sponsoring the competition and probably this is the reason they were forced to remove the branding.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

4. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

5. I think ACC needs to seriously look at how effective dry tires are in the wet. You can run on them for far to long on a wet track when in reality a mildly wet track would be like driving on ice. I had an online comp race where the track was wet and people stayed on drys the whole time and were only 3-4 seconds off dry pace, how is that even possible?

earlyapex and TheBoss like this.
  6. Jonathan Mann

Jonathan Mann Rookie

Hey guys, new member here - had to post to say how freaking great this game is. Moving from GT Sport on the PS4 to PC and the difference is remarkable.

I've only done time trials on Brands and Laguna Seca so far, and it's already well worth the money. Fantastic stuff.

7. Turk

Turk Alien

I have never really found a wet road to have a massive amount of difference in grip from a dry road in the real world. Sure it's not as grippy, but grip doesn't take a nose dive off a cliff when the road is wet. It's standing water that cause real problems.

Digger likes this.
  8. On road tires no but on slicks you would have zero grip, there is nothing to channel the water away and you are just driving on a film of water.

9. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

It is exact, I misspoke, I meant Blancpain not SRO, you did well to rectify.:oops::p

10. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I've driven (in real life) a Corvette on Kumho V710's which are basically slicks with 2 bands around the circumference on the inside to make them "DOT legal" in the rain and it is terrifying. Yes if they are hot and the track is hot they can last a little bit but it only takes about a lap or two before the rubber and track cools off enough that they are like marbles.

I love this game but agree they aren't modeled correctly and should not grip as well or as long in the rain as they do.

I hope they add 2020 to this game, this car is HOT

11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

There's always PC3 .......

Sometimes less is more.

Jonathan Mann likes this.
  12. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

PC3 what's that?

13. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Project Cars 3?

14. Jonathan Mann

Jonathan Mann Rookie

Agreed. I always feel guilty when I abandon my loyal Lexus to drive one other car, let alone the rest.

15. For the past couple of days after I started my online career, I haven't had so much fun in a long time! This game actually surpasses iRacing's GT3 races for me. I think that Kunos is doing everything right this time, except the VR implementatino ofcourse, which is blurry and has horrible performance (hope they fix this really soon). But I'm actually forgiving the whole VR mess because of everything else. The physics, the sounds, tyre models, excellent force feedback and a feeling of total control over the cars. This game had previously just been laying dead in my Steam inventory, almost regretting I bought it, but boy was I wrong. Thanks Kunos for stepping up your game! And yeah, please have a look at VR next please please please :)

eracerhead and TheBoss like this.
  16. mystek

mystek Racer

Yep, In real life I'm driving amateur track days and on semi slicks you can drive on wet surface (depends actually on tyre, some semis looks more civilized with a lot of lamels, some looks more like full slicks with added fiew lamels to get homo E). Never drive on slicks in wet, but probably they should be more slippy. Buuut, maybe we turn on a lot of TC and maybe we have different feedback from car? Dont know

17. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

is there an option to remove ghostcar for special events?

18. theivansk

theivansk Racer

Where are the schedules of the CP servers? I am a bit lost, because I know Kunos introduced (in the 1.3?) a new adittion , there is know 4 times in a day, but I would like to know more info about the schedules, the parameters, tracks etc

txalin likes this.
  19. nimp

nimp Racer

Go to Singleplayer select "Hotlap" as gamemode and in the gamemode selection turn off the ghostcar. This should also get rid of the ghost in the special event.

Schedule is always random day and known-track day alternating. Today should be random, tomorrow Kyalami.
    The known track days are currently alternating between the old tracks and the DLC tracks. So day after tomorrow is random and then i think Monza.
    On random days the track is random for each timeslot and each split (so every split can have a different track). Also the track will be a DLC track, when the majority of signed up drivers own the DLC.
    Races are 16o'clock CET - 18 - 20 - 22 and 45min - 60 - 60 - 45. There is also a nightrace at 1am now afaik.
    Pitrules are random, so you have a chance for a race with and without pitstop, this is independant of the racelength (pitrule is always written on the signup widget). If pitstop is required, its always a no refueling allowed stop with madatory tireswap.
    Weather and time is also random.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Tundra likes this.
  20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Question: Does Tire Wear scale with stint times on Endurance races? I.e. 3h Race preset, sctual race time 1h 30min, stint times are halfed - tire wear doubled or not?