1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A message to all fellow sim racers

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Elrann, Feb 9, 2020.

1. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Now I understand how people talk so much... or too much.

2. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

I was at work couldn't post a screenshot of Voice attack of how I have it
    in VR its difficult to type at the fly, so happy with this program

VA is on Steam for 11.99 euro, I had to set my Dutch OS to English btw

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    goobMB, Tundra and Coanda like this.
  3. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

I agree with the sentiment here. In fact I'm pretty tranquil but mouthed off the other week in a race at brands hatch. From.my perspective at the time, I'd been rammed off the road but after watching the replay, wed both adjusted our line fairly and and taken the a heavy off from a pretty minimal contact.

Looking back I'm a bit embarrassed as I'm late 30s with many other things that make me irate. A nudge on a virtual racing game shouldnt have brought that response.

Freddie Seng, Seven Smiles and goobMB like this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

There's something about driving cars that just turns people into *****les. I'm guilty of it, especially in a real car, patients just goes out the window and everything is someone else fault. If that's because we're sitting in a steel box and the people we're shouting at can't get to us, then it's only going to be amplified online.

I really do try not to be like that, but I'll still end up shouting at an old woman because the lights been green for half a second.

Elrann likes this.
  5. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

And that's the reason I have 91 SA and can drive everywhere :D. Also if I wrong a turn and exit to the track I pay attention to enter again.. if I saw cars behind me I wait they pass. But these are normal civil behaviour.

Elrann likes this.
  6. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I mostly try to being empathic. I mean, besides making mistakes, there could be a lot of issues such as lag, computer acting up, using an old wheel or controller, distractions from outside world (wife, pets, kids)...
    I dislike when people insult each other, it´s a game at the end of the day. Trolling or ramming others on purpose is another story though.

Freddie Seng, Digger, Dookie and 3 others like this.
  7. Creegz

Creegz Racer

In my league I've done the incident report rulings for F1 for the last 40 races and I went from being a bit "what is your problem" and "why would you even do that" but I still do my best now more than ever to just be reasonable about it. Nothing is as bad as Forza Horizon online, where braking points don't exist and you use other cars to get around corners.

8. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

You guys want nuts online, go play Gran Turismo online for a while.

When GT5 came out it progressively got worse and worse, and now 2 titles later, well I haven't even bothered with it in forever.

Side note regarding GT5, I'll never forget, I was running a room racing street cars only, and you used to be able to "Race Convert" certain cars one of which was the Lotus Exige. I was hosting a room and a guy shows up with a Race converted Exige right as the race is about to start, goes in and proceeds to crush everyone by a huge margin (we had no chance against this thing). So the race ends and I change the room to block race converted cars and the guy just curses me out non stop because "its a street car" and I'm just mad because I got beat. Toxic environment really

9. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Offtopic: do you want to know about toxicity? try Rocket League sporting a Russian flag.

Rogue Leader likes this.
  10. Gpruitt54

Gpruitt54 Rookie

To the OP. Your point about accidental and intentional contact with others. This point alone is the best thing about the player model build into iRacing. I am not here to stand on a soapbox for iRacing. I wish there was a way to include that kind of model into all racing titles. People will always filter their actions when there is money involved. In iRacing, you pay a fee. Your license from one rank to another is tied to players are paying into that system. Your actions can result in banning for a period, banned completely, in other words there are consequences for one’s actions.

kidmaciek likes this.
  11. chakko

chakko Alien

While I mostly agree with what's written in the OP, I have to say that there are some idiots in sim racing. No doubt about that. :) Frankly, if you drive a lot on public servers, and you already visited 3 of them, where you got wrecked out, and it happens on the 4th server as well, you sometimes lose your temper. And, maybe you will say things you wouldn't say in real life, facing the culprits. Maybe. It happens. Just like racing incidents happen.

12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I hope you don't drive an ambulance.

Whitestar, Seven Smiles, Turk and 2 others like this.
  13. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Another version of "rage quitting" is when you accidentally punt the hell out of someone and immediately stop and quit out of the server so that you don't have to deal with a random dudes rage. Which probably makes him do a traditional rage quit when he realizes that you are no longer around to recieve his wrath.

The OP has a great sentiment- Hopefully 11 billion people will get on the same page.

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

11 billion.. Timmy you must be including all the shape shifting reptilians.. :p

15. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

A few! They all show up at T1 at the same time.

16. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Please don´t confuse them with the newly arrived Pace-Kangaroos ;)

17. I got fed up with people at a Nürburgring comp race once. First I qualified 4th and got punted in T1 so now I’m in the back with slow people trying to make up spots when 5 mins into an hour race people are divebombing me into the veedol chicane and blocking super aggressively. After 10min I had enough after I got punted at the chicane for a second time and just left.

I wanted to rage in chat but I didn’t know the button to do that so I just quit, it’s probably for the best that I don’t know that button lol.

18. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

The same thing happened to me last night in the monza u.s. comp. 17th place guy who qualified 4 seconds slower than you thinks he earned your spot and sets up a fortification to defend it.

19. There is nothing worse then finally getting past a slow guy to catch the next guy in a lap and then he blocks and while he slows me down 2 seconds a lap the guy I just fought around has now caught up and wants to try and pass me. The racing smarts was really lacking in the back half of that grid.

20. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

You know whats worse, when you're racing in real life and have spent thousands to build your car and get there and that happens. Often the lack of smarts is up and down the grid. Thats the realities of amateur racing.

Seven Smiles likes this.