1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will try ACC again..but what performance can i expect with this system?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Dady Cairo, Feb 4, 2020.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Either OP has something very wrong going on with his system or this is a troll thread.

Radfahrer and After_Midnight like this.
  2. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

Hello, I think this is the culprit, 2400Mhz is slow RAM for ACC, and can be responsible for many slowdown (bad 1% and 0,1% lows). Average fps doesn't mean much.

People with 2080ti have found about 10% better fps and much smoother frame times with faster memory kits.

For 1080p a GTX 1080 is plenty of room, you are CPU bound because of the current memory speed.

To solve this, you can either lower some graphical settings (avoid EPIC on everything but the AA that must remain on it) or change your RAM kit.

Also, pay attention to the fact that EPIC aren't meant to be used @1080p so always try to spot the true visual difference and would you see that difference while driving as what you notice in the first place is the smoothness not the eye candies (or you're not driving fast enough :D joking ofc)

More infos on RAM impact
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...acc-fps-performance.54456/page-3#post-1109665

3. dadycairo

dadycairo Gamer

So,i tested it with my new 1080 TI,ok,it works but still the tearing of the background is not my taste.The game is not my taste.To each his own,i'm not impressed with the GFX and the gameplay at all. And Unreal Engine is not for Raceing Games.My opinion.
    So thanx again,i left this title out.And this stupide troll gossip goes on my nerves.
    DC

4. dadycairo

dadycairo Gamer

The MSI H110M Pro-VD does not support higher Ram,because of the intern Memoryclock of 2133 MHz.
    So,i don't buy a new PC for one (1) Game....when everything else works well.

5. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

Ok got it, sad you cheap out on the mobo, but now you're stuck with it and I agree it's not worth it changing mobo and RAM that's too much for an old machine.

Try the alternative I proposed you, lowering a few graphics settings, it is really worth the trade off if any visible trade off @1080p...

PostProcessing, Shadows, Volumetric Fog, Advanced Sharpening Filter are the settings that affects performance the most.

That said, don't compare racing games running on old engines, ofc they need less ressources, so it's one game for now, but expect that this will happen more and more often on new cpu intensive games.

For your wheel, I have the same, here are my settings should you want to try them

upload_2020-2-14_16-36-12.png

upload_2020-2-14_16-36-50.png

Ensure your wheel firmware is up to date.

Hope that helps a bit, but there is no reason you can't find graphics settings that works absolutely fine with your machine, and with that wheel you should enjoy it too.

6. dadycairo

dadycairo Gamer

The machine is 2 years old,all my "old ugly out of date engine" games run very well with it.And looking great.
    So why should i try again on Unreal Engine Raceing Games.
    I wait what AMS 2 brings and as this is based on the Madness Engine,it will run fine too...
    And Project Cars 2 was although not my taste,i bought it,like ACC...
    Mostly i enjoy RaceRoom.

7. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

I'm really happy with performance on ACC using the rig in my sig. The one thing I did is change the AA as there was a lot of tearing. Now it looks buttery smooth even with my aging cup.

8. dadycairo

dadycairo Gamer

To what settings?

9. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

Not at my machine now but think i use KTAA. Try each one and see what works best for you.