1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

uuuh… the old bentley and the jag are still surprisingly fast on the 2019 Blancpain BoP :D but I understand that they can be quite slippery. especially the jag :p

2. [VR] DJANGO

[VR] DJANGO Rookie

So I'm having an issue with my lap times. Before the new 1.3 Update I was running 1:45's consistently on hungaroring, 1:36's Zandvoort consistently. AI on 95 for racing.
    Now, I can BARELY break 1:40s on Zandvoort and 1:50s on hungaroring, and get smoked by AI on 91.

I use the Audi R8 mainly, but use AMG and Bentley occasionally and the results are similar (except AMG performs well on new maps by a mile compared to audi).

Does any one know why I'm suddenly way slower? It's definitely related to the car and its power. Lateral grip and braking are perfect still. I get destroyed on acceleration and straights.
    Aggressive default setups with very minor changes (brake ducts, tire pressure).

3. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

@Coanda Could please tell me the process on how to find this data?
    i would like to find out bop on my cars.
    Also is it possible to get hp and torque data?

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

When you open a motec file the weight of the vehicle is listed on the right hand side under summary. As Aris has mentioned weight is only one component of BoP.

acc_motec_summary.jpg

I would not know matey however I do have an old spreadsheet I compiled prior to the Evo cars being released. It's purpose was not for engine power info however I did the best I could from what I could find online. I would not fully trust this info though, however it may give you an idea, although it may not as this info can not be validated..

acc_car_list_info.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Really appreciate the info mate Thanks.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

No worries.. ;)

7. Anyone knows why they didn't do Laguna Seca for the BOP comparaison ?

Coanda likes this.
  8. Guys I'm a bit shocked by some porsche pace. Are we completely sure the thing is not overpowered?

I thought the car should be struggling at high speed. False.

I'm starting to think some cars get too much advantage from setup changes.
    Such as extreme aero changes.
    Should really aero overcome the limit of the tyre? Should really ride height solve all balance problems?
    Is it possible that cars that are supposed to be difficult, with strong aero setups, lose all their weaknesses? But still maintain their strength...?

At this moment I think that audi, lambo, probably nismo and surely ferrari are evenly strong in all tracks. With the best package.

In some tracks, one among AMG, 911, 720s and also Amr v8, has always something more than the others.
    In both pace and laptimes.
    At least the AMG has balance problems on full tank (but it can be solved). At least Amr v8 is a bit slower in qualifying. At least 720s never ran. But the porsche.

Now I know you could say that the problem is me, of course I am part of the problem. But I think there is a huge part that depends on the fact that those cars are on a different level.

There are some people who are fast also with the 488. But those people are the absolute top simracers in acc. And anyway they proved they are even faster with those cars.

I'm am currently racing in two leagues. With the very top level drivers. Amg, 911,Aston are the most spread cars, the mclaren has been even banned. The only winning cars. The cars that go on the podium. When there are exceptions, it's due to luck.

9. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Are you talking about the cars out of the box, meaning with aggressive preset, or are you referring to their overall potential?

10. Laky Tom

Laky Tom Rookie

The Porsche is broken no doubt, been saying it since it came out.

On another note, I just found out that the NSX is surprisingly quick on Bathurst, what gives? Im not great or anything but its my quickest car in hotlap session- 2:02.4, and I only did around 10 laps (crashed about 7 of those). On the Conrod and Mountain straight Im reaching same or higher speeds than most other cars (249 on mountain straight, 279 on conrod). It is dangerous though, the car cant handle any of the kerbs on the whole track and touching any will kill you. Pushing :02s meant I crashed most of my laps as I mentioned, so for a safer race pace it would be slower ofcourse.

I thought they made an unpublished buff to it, so I tried it on the "old" tracks again, but its still just as bad.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  11. I noticed something similar too. I had a race yesterday at Mount Panorama at usual in the Audi R8 LMS. Even the driver messed up the corner exits before the straights the Honda behind me was unbelievable fast at the straights without loosing that much at the mountain section. An extremly low downforce setup should be result in a much slower second sector, shouln'd it? So I had checked the replay file:

Mountain Straight
    [​IMG]

Conrod Straight
    [​IMG]

12. Laky Tom

Laky Tom Rookie

Thats some nice speed right there. Yeah I was on the stock aggressive setup which has 14 wing (around 70%) on NSX. I dare not going low downforce, I can barely survive on the mountain as it is.

After_Midnight likes this.
  13. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Whouaw 292km/h seems crazy fast .

14. Yesterday I had the guy in a race again and he was able to do 296 km/h at the Conrod Straight :eek: I was asking about his setup but he doesn't answer. o_O

15. Laky Tom

Laky Tom Rookie

and what lap times was he running? I would imagine hes slow at the top with such low downforce, no? Sure its cool to pass 3 cars once you hit the straight, but it must be very hard to control on the twists.

16. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Damn that is some serious speed.
    Definitely running low drag setup and he is probably braking earlier since lack of wing etc and i'm guessing here but i think he is getting on throttle earlier as well to keep the weight and aero balance towards rear.
    Nice setup indeed.

17. It's hard to say because I don't have a complete free lap recorded of this guy. My guess somewhere between 2:02 - 2:03. He is losing a bit of time in the mountain section in relation to me but I'm not any kind of reference. I'm still happy surviving this section. :p
    So the gain at the streets is much more as the lost at the mountain in comparison to me.

18. Bathurst before or after 1.3?

19. Rioku

Rioku Racer

I really need the track of Imola

:(