1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Yeah what I mean is and the whole op on this thread wS that starting track wetness is 99 out of 100 chance of starting wet! The system needs to be reworked to allow a better balance between wet and dry start. Maybe up to 50 should be dry then 1 to 100 wetness, calculated into 51 to 100 if u know what I mean.

That's my issue with the weather I don't mind keep going Into the menu, although I think it's kinda stupid. That's what random should do.. Eh

2. Gio07

Gio07 Racer

I hope I'm not off topic, but I've noticed that the track temperature continues to rise even when the sky goes from totally clear to very cloudy. I noticed this at one point when it was morning. I didn't notice how far up it went but I think at least 1 degree (then the race was over and I couldn't see if it went up again).

3. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

little questions
    1) if I dont use the Dynamic weather, with rain, is the wetness raise proportionnaly with the time acceleration or is it fixed ? same about the wetness if I start with a high standing water value, will the water dry without dynamic weather ?

Suggestion :
    -Can we a the % wetness and % standing water values in a race or practice in the display when we pause or when we cycle the hud position HUD ?
    -Can we have No time progression for the weather and to have the same % for the wetness and the standing water for all the race ?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  4. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Under medium rain preset, dynamic weather On. I was using dry tyres at 23psi and only 30C ,they handled as good as wet tyres at proper pressure and temps. I tried them back to back.

Why? They were totally outside their operating window.
    Please go back to previous tyres, something so wrong with the current set on wet tracks.

5. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Can I ask you more details about how you did this test? Because I just did this at Suzuka with the Ferrari, and while I was in fact able to keep the car on the track with the slick tyres, I had to be very careful and my lap times where like 6-7 secs slower than with wet tyres. Not sure it that matches your "handled as good as wet tyres at proper pressure and temps" description.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

curious.. why does the weather stay active when you pause an SP race?

martcerv and earlyapex like this.
  7. earlyapex

I entered a race just did some laps on the wet tyres and pitted, put on slicks, changed nothing else went back out so it was true back-to-back comparison. it was so much easier on the slick tyres, it shouldn't be that easy. They felt better, just a little longer braking distance.

8. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I did the same, some laps with wet tyres, pitted for dry tyres and went back to track. The only difference is that this was in a practice session and I was alone on the track.

In my case the car was noticeably harder to keep on the track and lap times were much much slower, so our experiences don't match at all. Weird.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

9. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Yesterday I did a 6h race at Bathurst. It was around 10am when it was 29°C and it suddenly became cloudy and it started to rain. First some light rain, then medium until the track was wet so you couldn't drive with slicks anymore. What I was wondering about was that the temperature didn't drop at all although it rained for 45 Minutes and the track was wet. Any ideas about that?

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

On Saturday I did a 6 hour race as well, half way through it changed from mostly clear and sunny to very cloudy, looked like it was going to rain but didn’t in the end. Track temp went up a few degrees though, by looking out the window you would think it should have dropped a bit

11. Guderian076

Guderian076 Rookie

Hello, excuse me but I have used the google translator.
    I will take like 40 hours proving the dynamic climate.
    And my feeling is that in the end the electrical storms always or almost always appear.
    Why don't they remove them from the game?
    Cheers

12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Can we get a fix for the random weather offline. The system is set up that it gives far too much wet weather starts. Please fix this

mister dog likes this.
  13. earlyapex

Yes, its always raining with random chosen at race start.
    Even with choosing a dry preset and leaving the menu then opening menu again to change to random in the custom preset has this happen.

I've started a custom 24hour spa race and choose random dynamic weather and 17% variable.
    It started light rain, increased after some time to medium rain and over 4 hours in, its still raining.
    I think its going to rain for 24 hours.

14. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

As a question for the art department of ACC: You guys plan on implementing some graphical updates to the spray? I would be nice if it could look better :)

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  15. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Gamer

I personally think, if the cars would leave traces in the wet, the picture in wet races would benefit more as from better spray. Especially on TV Cams it really looks like something is missing.

16. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

The spray looked better in the first early access versions. But you know... "optimizations".

Felippe Kiss 1987, earlyapex and th3o like this.
  17. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Indeed, i understand though that especially when it comes to rain effect, it can be insanely taxing on the performance. But then i compare for example with stuff we see in PCars2 (or now Automobilista 2) and it looks actually really good and does not seem to impact the performance that much. But then again, its not running on UE4, so performance impacts are always different when it comes to different engines.
    In regard of leaving traces, i thought Driveclub did a damn good job there.
    And yes, spray looked better during EA, they dialed it back (or down) for performance gains.

18. Yes. It doesn't seem like they intend to fix it (maybe they can't) and it's something that ruins the gameplay.

MsportDAN likes this.
  19. earlyapex

I'm now 11 hours into my spa race and its still medium raining.
    Air and track temp have been identical all race, coming down simultaneously as night fell.
    The wind has been 0 km/hr the whole race too .
    Not realistic.

Fremen_78 likes this.
  20. earlyapex

Now I've finished that Spa 24hrs race. It rained for the whole 24hrs.
    Started in light rain for an hour, changed to medium rain for 18 hrs back to light rain briefly then medium rain again for the remainder of race. Wind stayed at 0km/hr whole race also.

This was with Dynamic weather enabled @ 17% variability. Nearly 600 laps in the rain with the invisible puddles including one halfway up the hill of eau rouge, defying gravity.