1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

Don't get me wrong, I would also like an updated manual with in depth information about everything, more is always better, but...

Its just that after the, I presume, immense amount of work that went into making, and testing the fixes to the actual accServer.exe itself, I'm a lot happier seeing the list of fixes/improvements than I would be seeing an updated manual, and still being left for longer without the fixes.

At the end of the day a person/community can figure out how the specifics of some features work, but we can't fix or improve the server itself, and for better or worse, there is only one person in Kunos who can realistically work on either, and only one at a time.

The worst thing is, if he had just renamed v6a to v7 and changed a few words, maybe a tiny bit of formatting, we would still be in the exact same situation, but just wouldn't even be having this discussion. The current manual imo is easily adequate, and past that its just a version number.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. Rolz

Rolz Alien

thanks for sharing v7 manual... currently reading :)

3. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

Link please

4. Rolz

Rolz Alien

update ACC and it's in <drive letter>:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\server

5. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

Thanks

Rolz likes this.
  6. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

In the new V7 handbook ... that remained as it was in V6a.
    I just hope this is not the same as you mentioned there .... else how can we trust this manual without testing everything ?

@Minolin ... can you confirm, please ?

7. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Racer

Already tested it. It's still wrong in the manual

Jempy likes this.
  8. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

moneypizzle likes this.
  9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

yep just uploaded 7b in the front post (which is not published yet with steam 1.3.5), just flipped the 1 and 0 there. Thanks for keeping letting me know :D

Jempy likes this.
  10. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

@Minolin, I just did 90 minute online test at 24 HR multiplier, starting at 9am, but it went right through to 9pm the next day. Is the multiplier bugged?

11. xsnakeyx

xsnakeyx Rookie

Hey guys, I know with "AC" servers you could add a Welcome message to the server with a cfg/file.txt and add the info into the server.cfg with WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/file.txt and all..

Reading through the manual I can't find any info on that for ACC.. Anyone has looked into that? I'd appreciate the help, thanks! :)

Creegz likes this.
  12. Rolz

Rolz Alien

not there

13. xsnakeyx

xsnakeyx Rookie

Gotcha, thanks..! Just curious about it..

And as far as running a "league race", since there isn't a "lobby" prior to the start of the session (let's say Qualifying), would the best route be to wait for everyone to join, elevate admin and then /restart? Thanks in advance!

14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

we normally run an extended prac and run that out or we move to qual if prac time too long

xsnakeyx likes this.
  15. Creegz

Creegz Racer

I've been hoping for this option for a while now. I'd love the ability to include a MOTD or welcome message.

16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

We've been putting in our mini MOTD in our server title, but that doesn't work when ppl click quick race button...
    Shame as it states in the clearly don't join if ur over 250ms ping haha

Creegz likes this.
  17. Creegz

Creegz Racer

That's part of my issue there too. The MOTD would help people join someone who clicked quick race and also have the ad we need since we're trying to get more drivers for our weekly events.

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

yeah shame discord links aren't clickable like what AC Content Manager lets us do...

19. xsnakeyx

xsnakeyx Rookie

Thanks for all the info guys.. One other question, when joining my server I see the Tyre Wear on "off" and Realism on "Beginner..".. Is the option to make it a "Pro" server not available? I would want tyre wear and fuel to be ON but I can't seem to find any info on the guide.. Or is it always on and the loading screen showing that is just a glitch..?

20. Can someone upload version 7c here?