1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Manual

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by max21, Sep 26, 2019.

1. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

Turk, cobrettee, Jack_NL and 2 others like this.
  2. Johnnie Dax

Johnnie Dax Rookie

This is a very good idea, but should not really be necessary. All complex simulations should have a User Manual detailing all functions of the simulation. From how to choose teams right through to how to set up your wheel and pedals etc. This should be supplied by the developers of the simulation.

Please don't take this as a rejection of your fine idea and I wish you well with it and look forward to its assistance when playing the simulation.
    Good luck and thanks.

3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Some years ago I went to buy the TFX flight sim and when the guy from the store pick the box he asked, do this came with a spare part of the airplane?

Luis Branco likes this.
  4. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Sure it would be nice but i don't think this will happen.. just look at AC... there is the same Issue. Many things are Documented from the Dev's in the Forum but it's hard to find and it's always just in English. Sure for us who are Online here English is not the Problem. But for many others who don't understand English well will not have the chance to get the right Informations they need to get the best out of the Game.

Anyway thanks to Heiko for his work.

AndyK70 likes this.
  5. Kondor999

Kondor999 Gamer

It’s pretty strange that the game doesn’t have any sort of manual. 99.9% of people (even people who once drove competitively IRL, ahem) aren’t going to understand the difference between “TC1”, “TC2” and the various engine maps (for instance).

These cars are complex and there needs to be some sort of reference manual to help players understand what all the different settings do.

There’s also no documentation re: the game settings themselves. It’s left to the user to figure out (via laborious trial and error) what things like “Dynamic Dampening” do.

It would also be nice to have something detailing the rules of the Blancpain series.

It’s hard to understand why someone would release a complex simulator, and then require their customers to comb through hundreds of forum posts to understand WTF is going on.

Forza et al can get away with this approach, but with ACC it’s a recipe for frustration.

not_him_59, bgil66 and surtic86 like this.
  6. Max_Bon

Max_Bon Gamer

I'm full of agreement

FlashLB likes this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

I haven't seen a manual for software in a long time. Adobe photoshop doesn't come with a manual either. You either have to buy a course or find free help online. Most the information about how the GT cars and blancpain series works is out there somewhere.

I agree though, it would be hugely helpful to have more information on a lot of things. That information was even there in the past when you hovered over things. I can only imagine something is in the works. It's a pretty big task though, we sort of need a blancpain manual, a manual for each of the cars and then a manual for the the software itself.

FlashLB and Creegz like this.
  8. FlashLB

FlashLB Rookie

Hello everyone !
    I think a user manual is an obligation for Kunos and also a matter of respect towards those who have purchased ACC.
    Those who work and do not have too much time to devote themselves want the time spent driving to be as productive as possible, instead of spending hours on the PC also looking for basic information.
    This forum is a valuable but too vast resource. Lots of different and sometimes conflicting information on the same topic ... which one to follow? Most of the time looking for um how-to, after reading a message without finding a certain confirmation I get angry and turn off.
    In short, Kunos has sold an unfinished product and is using us to develop it along the way. In practice, I (like many others) paid the laboratory mouse for a fee. Smart!
    Then I do two maths (40 € ACC + 15 € DLC = 55 €) multiplied by about 40000 (estimate by default using the number of as on steam, or even only 10000 which are the ranking positions of the events).
    and after cashing in that amount, don't you even give me the basic product information? not even the descriptions of the items in the menus !!!
    I love ACC and I think a great job is done, but as long as it does not respond to the relative official documentation, this product must be considered not complete and consequently not salable!

I apologize for my level of English (I registered with GTranslate) just as I have to do to read every single post. I hope I have expressed my opinion in an understandable way.
    Why don't we do a survey in the forum and see how many we want an Official Manual?

Grazie e buona serata a tutti!

PS: Adobe Photoshop have link in the help for the online docs and many free tutorial and more ... and also always in the help menu are a small basic documentation. But if you want learn more and more training is only solution. Same is for driving in real live and in the game too. But when you buy a car you find a Car Manual and Use and Care Library.

Creegz and bgil66 like this.
  9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

On Georg Ortner stream today he was so frustrated and Minolin in chat was like his crew chief telling him what to change and look for. I’d love for all those tid bits and ones from Aris vids of info made into a quick reference guide. I dont have the time to watch a 4hr vid of how to setup a car. Sadly I bet this thread gets locked too:(

ErikaSchinegger and FlashLB like this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-blog.87/

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ecu-maps-implementation.54472/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/brake-ducts-and-tyre-damage.55903/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tyres-oh-its-raining.50739/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/bumpstop-telemetry-in-the-setup-screen.52138/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...pension-and-spart-setups-i-mean-setups.50846/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/aero-i-believe-i-can-fly….50787/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...pitstop-strategy-and-fuel-load-testing.57824/

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...cpain-gt-series-rules-and-participants.59102/

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Griffin, FlashLB and LATE4APEX like this.
  11. Max_Bon

Max_Bon Gamer

Given that I love ACC. But I fully agree with you. But, I would add, that we will never be listened to, the Italian-speaking catchment area is too small compared to the English one.

FlashLB likes this.
  12. As the title says, I was looking for a manual for ACC. Yes, I know about Aris' blog posts, but is there a central place where I can find all the information gathered together, or even better, something like a "real" manual done by Kunos?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Ok, my post was moved to this thread. Is this how things stand atm? Either a fanmade wiki or a collection of forum posts? Nothing official?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

What information are you searching for?

14. All the setup related stuff. You know, that stuff that's actually missing in game ;)

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

There's dozens of setup guides online, not sure why you want an 'official' one.

16. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Aris' Blog posts and video guides are official :)

17. Yes, as I already mentioned, I'm aware of them. Still my question remains: Is there a central place, where all this informaton is carried together and sorted properly? You know, like a manual. Or is this too much to ask for these days?

In game description in terms of setup is still more than basic, are there plans to get more info into the game? If not, a manual would be a great alternative. ;)

18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

19. Well, thanks a lot. I already know some of this stuff. But this isn't a valid alternative to a manual. It's a random collection of random stuff for random games.

Am I wrong to think a proper description of a product should be part of the deal? But hey, maybe it's just me being old and too tired of doing the research to find out about what the different brake settings in ACC are supposed to do.

AndyK70 likes this.
  20. No you are not wrong,i think its a bit weird also.
    They could atleast show some tooltips when you hover over something with youre mouse what that particular setting does.

BADGERSLAYER 7 and AndyK70 like this.