1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VoiceAttack Software Review

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Coanda, Mar 21, 2019.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Which version is recommended, Steam or direct from VA site (price is different too)?

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I bought mine on steam for $10. Nice and easy :cool:

3. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

For me it's 11.99€ on Steam and US 10 on the web site.

@sherpa25, please be aware of this also:
    Please download and install the trial version of VoiceAttack before purchasing a registration key. VoiceAttack has some system dependencies that not all computer systems can support. Most notably is a working Windows speech engine in your language (this is most common in some European versions of Windows).

I have an English version of Windows just because I want to be able to use VA actually. Norwegian isn't among the speech supported versions.

sherpa25 likes this.
  4. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Just got this as I use VR. As the the sim is getting more complicated and only having a G25 (not enough buttons at my finger tips) it will brilliant.

Salute to Coanda as I took the liberty of downloading your profile.

I have a question. If I am using Discord with Push-to-talk can I set VA to only listen when I DO NOT have the push-to-talk pressed. |I am wondering about talking to my team mates and saying a command that matches?
    This would be the inverse of getting it to listen ONLY WHEN a key is pressed?

Salute and thank you in anticipation....
    Cheers
    Friar

Coanda likes this.
  5. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Forget that....RTFM strikes again.....had to set listening to off and then define a word to say before my command. I have set "Chief" (could not think of another suitable word that would suit, "attack" or "Siri" I suppose?) So its now "Chief, Lights". If I say just "lights" nothing happens.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Good question. There is a recognition global hotkey that could be mapped to toggle VA's listening on and off however I am not sure this can be mapped with the smarts to know to turn VA listening off whilst you are engaging push-to-talk then reengage automatically when you stop engaging push-to-talk. That said I suggest you post this question on their steam discussion group. Every time I have posted a question I have received a prompt reply from the head developer within the hour. I would be interested in the outcome.

Edit add:- There is checkbox option under each command where you can tell it to not execute if the target window (acc) has lost focus however I am not sure if this will work as discord push-to-talk may not take focus over acc. you would have to experiment and play around with it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  7. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Salute - Coanda - if you see my follow up post "Forget That...." I have sorted it.....

8. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Just started using it and in VR it is introducing stutters...

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

That is weird. Are you getting these in SP? I am curious how have you got your push-to-talk mapped? Is it mouse, keys, wheel etc..

10. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

I have push to talk mapped to the right hand side button on my G25. I have some tinkering to do as ACC is also seeing it as the end race option when I press it ( I get a message to say that I must be stopped for that command to work)

So I thought I had cleared this button from ALL settings within ACC and just assigned it within Discord, but as I stated above I need to double check, unless it is some sort of background default.

When I was setting the function up i was only sitting in the pits in VR. I will try running it on the screen later today.
    It will be a real shame if I can not get this to work in ACC but I am also planning on using it in IL2 Sturmovik Great Battles flight sim.
    Cheers
    Friar

11. Dan911

Dan911 Rookie

Hi everyone,
    interesting post,
    I copied your March 2019 file (voiceattack) evenly, and I'm always using it,
    are there any new features, implementations?
    Many thanks

12. I am using VR to play ACC, so can't type, I was wondering did anybody figure how to work out how to use VA , just to make normal chat work out, ENTER opens the chat window , and then could we use some sort of speech to text ? or should we use cortana to do so ?

13. MerlinCooper

MerlinCooper Racer

Anyone figured out how to do that? Unfortunately due to the missing API interface CrewChief is not supported and therefore it would be great to be able to use VA to do some simple commands like

pit stop, change tires
    pit stop, clear tires
    pit stop, repair x
    pit stop, fuel x liters
    pit stop, fuel to the end

If there are shortcuts or keyboard commands available that could be easily achieved.

P.S.: Replacing the DPad control by saying up/down/left/right/select is IMO not a good idea because (a) takes way to long when in a race situation and (b) brakes the immersion.

14. Whitestar

In my experience it's better to use more distinct voice commands, i.e. make each command sound as different as possible from the others. So I think I would just drop "pit stop" from the commands. I assume you want to do changes to the MFD based on said commands?
    Late reply, but yes that's what VA is good at, converting spoken commands to text/action.

15. MerlinCooper

MerlinCooper Racer

Good advise with regard to making the commands more distinct. And yes your assumption is correct that I would like to change the MFD based on that commands. But don't find any information what the corresponding (if there are some) short-keys are?

16. Whitestar

I don't think there are any specific shortcut keys for that. You'll probably have to send up, down, left, right and Enter keystrokes to do what you want to do. Alternatively send the mouse cursor to a specific function and send a click.

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Do any of you (esp. in warm, tropical areas) w/ a fan blowing in your direction, have issues while using VA?

18. Whitestar

I'm in a cool climate. But do you mean that the wind from the fan is disturbing the mic?

sherpa25 likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yes it can be a issue however just like in MRPG you have to be a little smart where you place your fans. I find simple commands that are not similar to each other work best.

You can also play around with the confidence level of each command and there are a couple of options for noisy environments that do help.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    eracerhead and Whitestar like this.
  20. Whitestar

I haven't used or even paid attention to the Confidence Level functionality before (probably because I haven't had any issues), but that one is pretty clever.

From documentation:
    When the Windows speech engine recognizes a phrase, it provides a confidence rating of just how accurate it thinks it was at doing its job. VoiceAttack will allow you to filter out anything that the speech engine recognizes but does not meet a minimum rating. You can set this value here (from 0 to 100). The higher the number, the more selective VoiceAttack will be about executing commands. Note that this value can be overridden at both the profile level (on the Profile Overrides screen) as well as for each individual command (on the Command Add/Edit screen). Any phrase that is recognized but rejected because it falls below the minimum value will show up in the log.

sherpa25 and eracerhead like this.