1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hardware for Play with ALL OPTIONS IN MAXIMUM VALUES with constant 120fps or higher

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Rico Race Driver, May 31, 2019.

1. Just to let you know that NVLink worth it indeed.

2. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

Whats your lowest fps? Is there any frametime micro stuttering?

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

4. 118fps min. with all graphs in max.
    200fps+ average.

Edit. Yes, little some microstuttering behind the car. But, in my opnion, it's about ACC graphs optimization and development progress.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2019
  5. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

I always has micro stutter with SLI, I gave up in the end. 200fps is just a number when what you see isn't smooth. I know NVlink is supposed to be better but it's a big layout if the return isn't smooth. Just my opinion and experience, I hope it does improve and becomes viable. Thanks for the update.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Why does it say your ACC is unlicensed?

tjr likes this.
  7. Kusoni

Kusoni Rookie

I have noticed the microstuttering is consistent during down shifting. My frames will drop from 90-100 to around 60 every time I downshift. It may have to deal with the physics side of things more than the graphics.

8. I don't know, some crazy thing on Steam, I guess.

upload_2019-8-16_16-10-46.png

9. My Steam was updated yesterday and the stuttering is gone away. My ACC is pretty good again!

=)

10. Something wrong with login too. When I was using my first login I did not had permission. I just created another account with this new username and associate with the same Steam Account. Crazy.

upload_2019-8-16_16-17-0.png

Coanda likes this.
  11. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

12. Bkim

Bkim Racer

Hardware is developing too slowly. A 2080ti can barely handle 4K. And CPU's arent different: more cores, less speed.
    And 1400 euro's for a 2080ti...
    Too few manufactures i guess: Intel, AMD and Nvidia

13. Indeed.

But, I've got some updates by the configuration side. The fastest and smooth performance is using FXAA method. What is really impacting GPUs performance is Materials Quality, at momment (v1.3.6). Is incredible how best it looks in EPIC, but when the grid is full it really impacts performance, making me go for the lowest value - MED - and 'problem solved'.

They should improve some graphics optimization. For example, I don't care about the UGLY puppets - by graphics side - full of details that also can impact performance, UGLY ambulance is also unecessary, smoke generated on sand surface is also UGLY and bad simulated. Seems that, in some specfic aspects, sometimes, AC with SOL and CSP can look very good with much less performance impact. Some titles for videogame consoles - including non racing simulation - has better and more beatifoul puppets, objects and effects.

I'm not saying that ACC is not beautiful or has bad effects - some of them are not that good - but it's reallty heavy and do not deliver as good as it should be, even with the best hardware available - much stronger than videogame consoles -. I mean, if they want to go REALLY realistic, make it all better in EPIC configurations with something that works good with the available haradware, otherwise, just eliminate unecesssary and dispensable objects and animmations.

Not to mention the tripple screen support, which is worst than AC v1.16.

Come on, ACC team! You can do MUCH BETTER than this.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  14. UPDATE: Still stuttering but ONLY with TEMPORAL AA, but faster and smoother with FXAA with ZERO stuttering.

15. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

Asus rog strix 2080 ti OC with G-sync 21:9 (3440x1440) @120hz here and not sure why lately things are not stable (really a mixed bag).
    Doubt that some will go for the professional GPU as they are extremely expensive so hopefully kunos will make ACC stable for the consumer grade GPU.

16. Yes, doesn't make sense if they want to require a professional GPU for this. They really need to optimize and find alternatives.

About the major impact, here it is. Updated released today (v1.3.7) and nothing related to graphics, triple screen support or cars setup improvements.

upload_2020-2-27_14-3-0.png

17. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It can be a VERY pretty sim, just needs more power. I’m happy enough to run it lower until next gen GPU/CPU’s show up, not long now really.

Ampere should be a huge jump and ray tracing may actually be viable on it. There are even some scenarios where raytracing is better for performance then traditional shadows and race tracks can actually fall in to that scenario.

Some details in this vid for anyone interested:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  18. Does someone has TITAN RTX?

If so, how does ACC performs with MAX settings?

Thanks in advance.

19. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

ACC was built very future proof with a S***TON of graphics features formerly not available in sim racing due to the use of the UE4 engine.
    With some people's hardware (high res, high frequency triple screen setups, VR setups) it can simply not expected to unlock all those nice graphics features with currently available GPU and CPU hardware and another (or perhaps even "a few") generation steps of available hardware is needed to be able to unlock those features in such demanding environments.

On single screen setups in high resolution and even high frequency monitors users can already choose some of the EPIC settings and have thus far unrivaled graphics fidelity.
    We users with more demanding setups simply have to be patient and grow our hardware to match the extended demands just like we always had to since the first ever triple screen setup has seen the light of day - remember those times ;-)

I personally run a triple screen setup on 27" 1080 60Hz monitors on a now older generation GPU/CPU (the top of the line available hardware from 2 years ago) and I have a mix of settings with some on EPIC but also others on LOW that suits MY preferences.
    ACC looks absolutely AWESOME !!!
    No other racing sim currently can even get close to it's realistic looks.
    I am happily awaiting the next few generations of GPUs and CPUs until it is time for me to upgrade my monitors and see how ACC looks like then.

One just has to have realistic expectations and after initial skepticism about the UE4 engine choice myself I am now very, very happy Kunos went this way and have put in MASSIVE efforts in customizing the engine to our specialty needs to deliver the best in graphics in sim racing ;-)

20. Dude, I agree with some of your points. But, just take a read on this post of mine to understand my point of view, please.

=)

I really think that some optimization and options to disable some non-necessary items could improve the perfomamce and use max graphic setting on what really matters for realistic and immersion drive experience.

The tripple screen support has adjustments on AC, why not to keep it?

From the cars setup side, a lot of important things were added but other important ones are missing from AC. Why not to keep them?

These are my points at the momment.

But, again, it's really beautiful to to see, amazing to drive and lovely to to hear.

=)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020