1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 168 – Low level flying

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 29, 2020.

1. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

F1415182235
    2:59.634 - X1
    [​IMG]
    This combo is insane! So much airtime!

2. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

CHANGES MADE
    Brake Bias: 60
    Fuel: 10 L
    7th Gear: 208 mph
    Pressures: 26 psi ALL
    Front Toe: 4
    Traction Control: 8
    MGU-K Delivery: Hi Aggressive
    MGU-K Recovery: 50 %

3. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  4. LeiF

LeiF Alien

oh my, hopefully I don't need to tell you what I think about this car!

not knowing this layout, I think I need to take something a bit slower to learn the track a bit before I even consider attempting that ridiculous upside down aeroplane :D

upload_2020-3-2_18-53-21.png

5. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@LieF-Like wise.I normally run with damage on but i'll be turning damage off until I know where i'm going;)

Totall Wrytoff and LeiF like this.
  6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

365gt
    PS4
    Good grief,this is addictive and hypnotic:confused::confused:.

IMG_1007.JPG

7. WHC 168 – Low level flyer Tuesday evening standings

1. F1415182235 - 2:59.634 X1
    2. Totall Wrytoff - 3.03.726 PS4
    3. Moodyryder - 3.03.978 Ps4
    4. 365gt - 3.09.690 PS4
    5. Laughing Gravy - 3.12.974 PS4

Flight Path

@F1415182235 is Top Gun. Under three minutes. An average speed of 139 mph across the ground. Wow, coool.
    @moodyryder and Totall Wrytoff have had a dogfight, the former is just warming up, the latter, heavily strafed, is at the limit of physical tolerance and ability
    @365gt has bombed his pre-flight nerves and @Laughing Gravy has got our 6

Well done the consolers!
    Especially PS4'ers, that's a complete turnout!
    Aerial domination is key.

The PC boys are on the run, I suspect the settings are just too complicated on a PC. :p;)
    Evidence?
    A total "no show" by zulu 1930 Tuesday evening.:D
    (BTW where is @gamma500 ?)

8. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Neilski
    PC
    OMFG this car is ridiculous. I wasn't expecting to enjoy the combo but I have a very big grin :D
    So many places where I was thinking "no way I can be flat through there" and then "oh yeah, turns out I can", LOL.
    Rather a long track, so it's tricky to even remember every corner, never mind nail all of them, but wow it feels good when you get a sequence right! This is within a second of so of my current TB with this home-grown setup, but I might have a go with whatever tips I can glean now from the posts above. I'm not sure we PC users have the same MGU setup options as the console people but let's see.
    upload_2020-3-3_22-32-11.png

9. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

10. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Improvement
    Neilski
    PC
    Oooooh my gosh that felt a lot faster. So it turns out that PC users don't have adjustable MGU recovery, but a little extra front spoiler really helped with a few of the corners.
    I also tweaked the gearing, because the top speed in the GUI is a lie (and it was topping out without me noticing), and nailed most of the corners this time.
    Finally about 6 or 7 tenths of this improvement was down to me realising that you can manually deploy a buttload of energy on the first straight before the hotlap starts! :D
    This was with Low-Preserve btw - maybe the PC has a higher default recovery, but I didn't run out until coming out of the final hairpin.
    upload_2020-3-3_23-25-32.png

11. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

DriverModFTW
    PC
    upload_2020-3-3_18-59-58.png
    I do not have any buttons mapped for boost...yet..never had a reason to use it until this combo lol Not a great lap for me. Too many variables to figure out with tuning to make this car perform its best but it is fun if you kind of get it right. Im still trying to learn the nuances of this track.

12. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    DriverModFTW
    PC
    upload_2020-3-3_20-31-9.png
    I tried to look up a button that deploys power with the MGU, but I do not know what button map @Neilski has to deploy power at will. I haven't been able to figure that out. This lap was a little better, but still some issues I need to work out that are costing my lap A LOT of time.

13. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

14. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

I've been wondering too.I reckon he's had too much schnapps and got lost in a snow drift????

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  15. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@Neilski - 57,It must have been you I heard taking off then.Normally we have U2's but this one had a distinctive 919 sound:p

Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I can take a screen pic later if you like, but it's probably the KERS button in the list, if I recall correctly.

17. That's an average speed of 140.3mph, which is faaaast!:D

It is not so much the recovery, as the energy allowance.
    As I understand it....:eek:
    You are only permitted to use a certain amount of recovered energy, (8MJ) per lap. (The yellow bar.) Using the Low Preserve map, on console, the yellow bar is full before you start the uphill, left hand turn toward the Stone Arch. Even on 30% regen, the green bar, (available regen energy) stays nearly full.
    Hotlap (or button push) is the only map that provides juice in 7th gear, so if you spent more time in 7th, clocking your amazing lap, maybe that's why the Low Preserve lasted as long as it did. If not, PC has a major advantage!:D

365gt and Neilski like this.
  18. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    moodyryder
    Ps4

Got some time in before Friday after all.

20200304_215029.jpg

Ach ****e, it's 10pm I'd better go to bed.

Under 3 minutes. Ha ha! I need no more, that will do.

19. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Doh, yes of course, I'm being totally stupid. I looked back at my screenshots and indeed the energy bar is almost full leaving the last hairpin but little red marker with the per-lap allowance was almost on zero.

365gt and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  20. Improvement, but not like @moodyryder
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-3-4_22-11-25.png
    No words.
    Just in awe of @moodyryder
    Thought the coast was clear!:D

365gt, DriverModFTW and Neilski like this.