1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 168 – Low level flying

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Neilski

Neilski Alien

This is the button you want:
    upload_2020-3-4_22-16-30.png

2. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Several players faster than me, remember. Save your awe for them!

Don't fight it, feel it.

This thing practically drives itself. ;)

3. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-3-4_23-29-22.png
    :)
    Au contraire @moodyryder , I yield this round, in awe.
    That lap time is up there with those in the "awesome" category.
    A sub 3...?
    I feel it.:cool::eek:

4. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I have a suspicion that if @GoodGame.eXistenZ fired up the Porsche he'd be in the 2:40s ;)

5. 365gt, DriverModFTW and Neilski like this.
  6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

another off topic (sorry for that) - but this was so.... this lap was my fastest :p

sound is so important. :) - love the honda :):)

Neilski, DriverModFTW and 365gt like this.
  7. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Very nice indeed;)

DriverModFTW likes this.
  8. WHC 168 – Low level flyer Thursday evening standings

1. Neilski - 2.57.811 PC
    2. DriverModFTW - 2.58.104 PC
    3. F1415182235 - 2:59.634 X1
    4. Moodyryder - 2.59.803 Ps4
    5. Totall Wrytoff - 3.02.840 PS4
    6. ChaosChris - 3.07.720 Xb1
    7. 365gt - 3.09.690 PS4
    8. Laughing Gravy - 3.12.974 PS4

The PC boys arrive, with a sonic boom.
    @Neilski posts an early time this week. He's early because he is incredibly fast. SR-71 pace at low level. He is Top Gun.
    @DriverModFTW is his wingman. Dropping in with the second fastest time, that's P2 with room for low level manoeuvre.
    @F1415182235 might be rehearsing his second run, but closing in fast is @moodyryder . He has also gone supersonic with a sub 3. I'd like to think he now knows what we all think of that!:)
    WHC's favourite armchair rivalry is flying high and this week it's @Chaos_Chris who's smoking it. Whilst wearing a flying cap, clearly pinched off the seat of @Laughing Gravy 's old biplane!;)

There's some set-up info out there, I'm off to try @F1415182235 's advice, hopefully it's worth about five seconds per lap.
    Great to see the positive feedback from those of you that have tried this combi.
    I never thought I would say it.., not just because it is very deep anorak-nerd level..., but I am actually enjoying the strategic thinking requires to get the best use of the Yellow Bar. Then, perfecting quick scrolling through the power maps, whilst trying to keep my eyes on the road!! This is obviously our little secret.
    Keep circling everyone, the time is there!

9. @F1415182235
    It is obviously best to use Hotlap and also button push from the start, then switch to a more conservative map as you cross the start line.
    - Did you run "Hi Aggressive" from the start and where on the lap did your allowance run out? Roughly.:D

Tough to read that question and be comfortable with myself. But I find this fascinating, I'll start the group off, stand up and say it.:)

365gt likes this.
  10. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

My lap was done solely on low preserve. I have not fiddled with changing power settings during the lap and havent used power deployment at any point. Just driving it thus far.

365gt, Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  11. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I also used low preserve and didn't touch a thing after crossing the start finish line (too damn busy trying to stay on the road!) but like I say, the boost on lap 1 from deploying before you reach the line is maaaaassive :D

12. DriverModFTW

Improvement
    DriverModFTW
    PC
    upload_2020-3-5_18-3-52.png
    I played with the MGU deliveries. Started on Hotlap until crossing the line then switched to Charging. From there it was basically a battle staying ahead of one of my previous ghosts (a 2.57.2xx that I decided wasn't good enough due to mistakes). I basically used trial and error on where/when to use the energy deployment. As for setup I changed the front ARB down to 1, rear ARB up to 6. Front downforce up to 6, rear downforce down to 5. Changed tire pressures, lowered fuel, and customized the gearing to reflect my usage of the power deployment. I actually still didn't make a really clean pass either. I stumbled towards the end coming out of the last hair pin, which is also where I ran out of deployment energy.

365gt, Neilski and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  13. Just using "Charging" mode, no manual deployment, nearly half the energy allowance is used in a lap.
    Here is the yellow bar at the end of a lap. Regen was 100%
    Presumable this is the heat recovery.
    upload_2020-3-5_23-10-21.png

365gt, Neilski and DriverModFTW like this.
  14. DriverModFTW

Here is the video from the lap. Not sure why in the replay theatre it doesn't show the energy usage in real time, or my previous ghost. Still learning how to do all these things on PC. Hope the link works, and as you will see it was not a perfect lap, nor am I satisfied with it, however for now it will do.

15. Great one @DriverModFTW
    Wow! Surely, this week....:D
    Is the vid silent, as well as on fast forward, or is it me?:)

365gt likes this.
  16. DriverModFTW

S***..I apologize for the error. I dont think its sped up or fast forwarded but now that I watch it, it seems like it? Video is 2.59 long and the lap was 2.56 so I dont know..I'm confused now! Darnit, and its silent for some reason. I need a lesson on how to do all this. I had sound when I was replaying it for geforce to record it. I did not select anything to speed it up either so I have no idea how that happened. I'm not sure how to properly record something unless I solely use geforce experience, which i always forget or neglect to start. That is why I tried recording the replay. Sorry for the anti climatic posting :/

@Totall Wrytoff yea you're only saying that cause we are missing lap times from at least 3 aliens! Screw it, I'll take what I can get.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  17. Just a couple of points made earlier that I'd like to clarify:
    I mean, perhaps I'm getting too close to this.:)

What I meant to say was it looks like fast forward compared to us mortals! It looks epic and probably what going round in 2.56 looks like!
    It is silent, but that's mere detail. Congrats!:cool:

365gt, Neilski and DriverModFTW like this.
  18. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

I am missing something here.
    On Xbox 1 I can map a button to deploy kers
    I can map a button to mgku recovery but I can’t map anything to change from hot lap to preserve high preserve etc that has to be done in the pits.

I am now quicker though the lap up until the hill when the goast flys by. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totall Wrytoff and 365gt like this.
  19. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    365gt
    PS4

I'm getting there slowly.I've tried so many combonations regarding the MGK recovery i've forgotten whats what:confused:.Nevermind as i'm obviously doing something right:D:D
    I really like this track now:D

IMG_1014.JPG

20. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

That's not good.I tried to find some info but no joy except that this is a problem in some cars.

Totall Wrytoff likes this.