1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to setup 21:9 display (and 32:9)

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Nahkamarakatti, Feb 16, 2020.

1. I bought an ultrawide monitor and I've been trying to make it look natural with ACC.

What are the setting you're using and is there a "mathematically correct way" to set it up?

My issue is that if I treat it as a single monitor the image looks a bit "tunnel like". You can make it better with the projection correction tool but still by far the best results I've had is by treating the single monitor as a triple monitor setup. For example: 34inch 21:9 1500R 45cm away = 3x ~250mm wide displays, 0mm bezel correction and side monitors at ~10 degrees. That way the image looks natural BUT there are two vertical gray bars inbetween of the imaginary main/side monitors.

Edit: Is there a way to get rid of the gray bars? That would be the best solution.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Nao likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New To ACC and the setup on PS5 Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Setup Synchronizer May 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions All settings and setups vanished May 23, 2023
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Generic car setups Feb 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions when are we getting the next Update ? Setups still broken Jan 13, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SETUP BUNDLE | ALL Tracks | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Jan 11, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Avis/conseils pour upgrader mon setup VR Dec 27, 2022
    XBox One Discussions Restore AC restore car default setup Dec 16, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Which setup does the AI use in ACC? Is it the default setup or a different one? Nov 24, 2022

3. Nao

Nao Alien

Seconding. It would be really useful to not have them.
    Also if possible it would be amazing to have the ability to control where the monitors are "cut" for people like me with non uniform triples, or to tweak them in applications like above.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  4. I'm actually a bit surprided I haven't seen discussions on this subject. When you put wider curved display as close to your eyes as possible, the image is clearly unnatural.

It is very much like triple screen setup but just more compromised and I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be treated the same way.

5. Nao

Nao Alien

Yeah, panini is supposed to help i guess, but i don't think it is mathematically correct for a curved screen. (found this visual explanation on how it's constructed here: http://tksharpless.net/vedutismo/Pannini/ if anybody is interested )

Coanda likes this.
  6. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Can you describe what you mean in detail? I have a 21:9 screen and haven't noticed any unnatural tunnel effect. So not sure what to look for.

7. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Sounds like op is doing something wrong. 32:9 49" here, calculated the fov just like with any other monitor and everything looks as it should. In ac1 I use triple screen rendering with 13 degree angle but it's a small difference.

8. I think it's easiest to see the effect if you try to run it as a triple screen. If you're used to separate screen rendering with triples you know how the dashboard on the passenger side looks like a proper 3d object. The closer and more curved the display is the bigger difference you should see.

My setup:
    [​IMG]

Edit: In my case horizontal FOV seems to be exactly 100 degrees. Vertical is ~40 degrees.

Triple screen enabled:
    [​IMG]

Treated as a single screen:
    [​IMG]

Edit2:
    Did more accurate calculations. There was a mistake on the display curvature so there are the correct angles. Everything still applies but to a little less extent. True hFOV for such setup is ~92 degrees.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Dewald Nel likes this.
  9. Sorry, that wasn't the point. It was just part of "corrected" results. I actually use triple screen mode because that's the only way to get perfectly natural results.

Kunos, are the grey vertical bars in triple screen mode necessary evil or is there a way to hide them?

10. Nao

Nao Alien

Went to make sure if it's not some glitch with aliasing, and while it does not seem the case it does look like UE4 problem. For example: you say they are grey bars, i have black-white ones. And they disappear in when switching to 1920x1080 wide "triple screen" (as in 3 screens in one). So they might actually be the "necessary evil" :(.

11. Well, maybe I am just way late to this party... Is this all saying that I can use my single 34" ultrawide LG 2560x1080 in "Triple Screen" mode?? And if so, is there an expected benefit/advantage in doing this (3x screen mode vs. single wide mode)?

Thanks.
    kb

12. You will get non-forked up image when setupped properly. The bigger, closer and more curved it is bigger the difference. Downside is that you get couple of nasty vertical gray bars (only in ACC).

Ps. Only applies to curved monitors.

13. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Try setting resolution scale to 75%. That seems to make the go away for me, any other scale and they appear again.

14. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

I also have an LG 34" ultrawide and would try the perspective correction but I don't know how it works and what is the best adjustment

15. You have to divide the screen for 3 imaginary screens/sections. Then you measure the distance from your eyes to the center screen and calculate the correct "side monitor" angle based on the curvature of your display. Then you enable the triple screen mode ingame and set it up via built-in tool. Watch post #7 for more info.

16. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

how do I know the curvature of the monitor

17. It's said on the spec sheet of your monitor. On my case 1500R means the radius of the curvature is 1500mm (3000mm diameter). I think most monitors are 1800R.

18. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

I use 32 FOV on my 32:9, then move the camera far enough. works for me, looks ok

19. Thank you so much!!

You can setup curved monitors without those gray bars if you play with the resolution scale-option. For me for example 98% and 105% was working perfectly!

ohjeah likes this.
  20. fvdheide1963

fvdheide1963 Rookie

Where did you set the 13 degree angle? I can only set the rendering to triple screens, but i have no option to enter the degree angle .. i do a lot of my simracing in iRacing and there i can set my 49inch ultrawide as triple screens with a 12 degreen angle. How to set that in Assetto Corsa (AC)?