1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Ælleden

Ælleden Gamer

Hello, I just cannot see any data in MoTeC, all my recordings are empty.
    I did follow instructions, MoTeC sees the files, open them, there is just no data inside, I tested several telemtries, it's same.
    What can I do ?

EDIT: this is coming from my files because i tried with the first lap from someone else I could find and it worked.

Wo what am I doing wrong ?
    Just doing laps, with telemetry ON, leaving game and loading the files ?
    Is there anything else to do ?

2. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

Have you set in your setup an amount of laps for the telemetry ? You don't have to exit the game, you need to escape and go back to garage.

Have you checked that Windows is not preventing from AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe to write in your document folder in Windows Defender ?

In Motec when you go to the channel list in your telemetry file do you see the channel list ?

upload_2020-3-19_11-57-26.png

When you look at the properties of the first time distance graph do you see the channels colored or black ?
    upload_2020-3-19_12-0-32.png

If they are black then the channels name are incorrect in your workbook you would need to seek for the right channel names and edit all graphs. If colored problem is somewhere else.

3. DazzeL

DazzeL Rookie

Does anyone know if there's a source or service somewhere which allows you to download sets of "pro" or "fast" driver laps for each track to compare to your own?

I know conditions make a difference but useful for picking the right line and breaking/acceleration spots.

4. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

As GPS position isn't part of ACC telemetry you won't get the driving line, so comparing your own laps makes sense as you know the line you took, but someone else lap will only give you steering/throttle/brake input eventually comparing corner radius not sure it's that useful and productive, you'd better look at YT/Twitch videos to look for the right lines and compare your laps in telemetry when trying to reproduce the racing line.

5. Schaefe

Schaefe Rookie

Is it possible to get a channel for FFB, which would record the force feedback data displayed in the HUD? (I mean the bar in the HUD which goes red when clipping)

6. Seems to be a Motec error with the files on Paul Ricard.

It seems to always say your first lap, middle sector is the quickest - eg. I'm doing 32 sec for middle sector, however on the first lap, the Motec file says I am doing the middle sector in 24 seconds.

7. Gio07

Gio07 Racer

How can I understand which is the best gear shift reading this graph? I seen other post but I didn't understand propely

Annotazione 2020-03-26 190644.jpg

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  8. nsws

nsws Rookie

Hello, can anybody tell me where i can find the BASE-Tab? I have 1:Samples 2: Driver 3:Engine etc. but no Tab called Base. Installed version 1.1.4.0454

9. Icegrin

Icegrin Rookie

Read the first post, and use the ACC workspace mentioned.

10. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

what does it mean...that is also new.

Attached Files:

• EN.JPG
      EN.JPG
      File size:
      253.7 KB
      Views:
  11. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

delete pls

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  12. Gio07

Gio07 Racer

Do you know what they mean?

13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

@Aristotelis Please reconsider having the default telemetry laps set to 15. This will create a LOT of files and will take up a LOT of space, every single time you return to garage it will create a new file with the previous file as a 'base'. This means, if you have done a couple of laps and return to garage, you get a 5mb file for example. The next time you go out of pits, drive a couple of laps and return to garage, it will start from 5mb and adds the new data to that 5mb.
    So if you do a practice session trying to create a setup, this will quickly add up to a substantial amount of data and wasted space.

26 laps, around 350mb of data. I don't know why sometimes it creates double files for no reason.
    Naamloos.png

Some people might not even know the game saves these files, and their SSD card might fill up pretty fast and they have no clue why this happens. I think people who want to use MoTeC should turn on the telemetry laps themselves instead of it being turned on by default.

Raph.0013, WallyM and earlyapex like this.
  14. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

Is there a way to see if your car is bottoming out on parts of the track? If not, is there another way of knowing?

Raph.0013 likes this.
  15. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Are there already more advanced workspaces than the ACC standard ones? If so is it possible to add them to the first post?

16. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I looked for some guide or something similar over an hour now but I can't find anything for the rpms. I'd also like to know how to read that, because I thought you'd need to also see the power the engine puts out in order to judge where to shift.

17. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Eero and JnJ | Rayleigh like this.
  18. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Thanks, that shed a little light on the whole thing. But does this also mean that if I'm not artificially testing this like it was done in the video, this sheet is giving me nothing? Because on my data in the lower right graph I can see a consistently falling straight where all gears are overlapping in a way that you can't really tell them apart. Just as in Gio07's screenshot above.

19. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I haven't done this kind of data analysis (yet) in ACC but my feeling from @Gio07's screenshot above is that the power curve is simply quite flat over the rev range concerned (roughly 7400-9200 for gears 3-5).
    So yeah that'll mean it's hard to tell the gears apart; it also means that (apart perhaps from fuel consumption) it doesn't really matter when you upshift among those gears. The data's pretty noisy in that picture but even the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts look pretty flat (bit surprising and not the same as the NSX data in the video, but then it's probably a different car).
    Edit: forgot to add: the sheet isn't quite giving you nothing - it's demonstrating that the power curve isn't dropping sufficiently after the peak to make it highly advisable to change up well before you hit the limiter (the peak might even be right beside the limiter). So the easy answer is to change up just before the limiter and you're done. Another engine might require a different approach. You might also need more care if you want to bring fuel consumption into the mix too.

When I've done this kind of analysis in AC in the past I've generally used a test track (veeeeery long straight, no bumps). It's artificial, of course, but you only need to do it once for a given powerplant because once you infer the power curve you're done - you can work it out for any gearing you want. For ACC, the gearing isn't even adjustable so it's even easier.

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  20. uglykidchris

uglykidchris Rookie

I have had similar experiences with the Audi. One click from 24 to 25 bump on the front axle and the whole graph collapses significantly instead of a slight increase.

Raph.0013 likes this.