1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. alex_savo

alex_savo Simracer

"Rashkov" in the Ferrari, me in the Aston Martin. He claimed afterwards I should stick to the racing line and I was all over the place.

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

You were the lead car taking the normal racing line, as you are entitled to, the Ferrari went over the white line, and intentionally ran into you, that simple.

3. I agree with @LATE4APEX :)
    I don't know it was intentionally but 100% fault of the Ferrari. :cool:

LATE4APEX likes this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

:eek: ..this could be a first.. :p

Ferrari 100%

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Thug, After_Midnight and LATE4APEX like this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

<… :)

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Ferrari driver is just annoyed they made a mistake and so looking to pass the blame onto someone else. No helping some people, expect them to be involved in similar contact in the future.

FatnSlo and After_Midnight like this.
  7. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

Think i'm pretty much done with game, too many idiots around, who think they can just plough through someone if they are not quite as quick. Many don't know how to react to what's going on around of them and probably don't care either.

Did 3 online races today, back to back, all of which ended up with me being rammed/sideswiped or punted off by idiots. Sure we all make mistakes, self included, but I feel the level of diving standards and etiquette are far below what one would hope. Sad indictment of the world we live in I guess. There are not enough high SA servers around, which maybe part of the problem, but without alternative, what is one to do? Other than try your luck in 60-70 SA servers. And no, I have no interest in racing AI, I want to challenge myself against other people, not bots. Also can't afford to run my own server.

I have SA of 96 or similar, have played the game since early access, have spent over 530 hours in game. So, for the most part, i'm pretty sure it's not me at fault. I love the driving experience, but it's just too toxic out there.
    I know, from a programming perspective, that it's impossible to apportion blame correctly, however I think there should be harsher penalties for poor, inconsiderate driving, a minor SA hit does nothing to discourage these idiots, many of whom don't have the good grace to apologise when they take one or several people out in T1 or whenever. Give them a 20 or 30 SA reduction if they are involved in more than one incident in a race, or something. It's just not working as intended.

JanR likes this.
  8. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

The biggest Problem in Online and CP races is the Lack of Respect to others! There are a few guys around who show respect to others no question but this are to few all other go straiht carnag!
    Yesterday the best example was fighting whit a guy a third one think he is the king ramms me of and whants to tell me i made a misstake will upload vid of the scene as sone as possible!

I'm in the Piggy Porsche!

So who is at fault let the judging begin!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  9. It's hard to judge from this camera angle.
    The Aston is all over the place but the Piggy Porsche hit his rear end. So if there is someone to blame I'd go to put the fault to the guy in light pink ;)

10. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

it's not the aston its the nissan who run the porsche of i (in the pink porsche) just hit the aston becouse the nissan hits me!

But the biggest Joke was the reaction of the guy in the nissan he says "You where in a bad spot you have to protect your inside line".

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  11. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@xX-Chris-Xx imho the black and red car brakes too late. He was not alongside the pink Porsche at the break point. So I'd consider this a dive bomb. The pink Porsche drove normal racing line.
    It is ok to be opportunistic and take advantage of two battling in front of you, but the red and black car was in no position to try an overtake at this point.

12. @xX-Chris-Xx I'm sorry for my misjudgement :(
    Rewatched it at my TV and I've to agree with @AndyK70 :)

13. Nobody, Racing incident. You tried to slot in that small gap knowing he was there and you were braking on the outside line to start with. That's just everyone involved being too aggressive.

trutya and Winston like this.
  14. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

Where is this an Racing accident? i was more then 1 Car lengh in front should i let the door open and wait for him?BS he is simply causing a collision he exactly knows what he is doing. Everyone with an little bit of brain and respect would know that there is no point to overtake whitout an crash!Ore why you think i'm not attacking the Aston and pull back?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  15. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

16. Don't post a video then asking for peoples opinions if you get mad when people don't agree with how you see it.

After_Midnight likes this.
  17. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

Hard to say from the camera angles but @SilverSylphide has a point. The pink car started braking on the outside, then switched to the inside under braking, which is usually against the rules, so not something the red and black car would have been expected to predict and avoid.

Granted the pink car had a right to pick their line through the corner, but considering how small the gap was, its understandable that the red and black car didn't expect it to move over.

Its not clear cut either way.

trutya likes this.
  18. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

What? Following the racing line is against the rules and not something to expect by a following car?

Here at the 75m mark the two cars in front start braking and the other two cars following are nowhere near and by no means alongside or even overlapping:
    WAF01.jpg

here the two cars in front are on their racing line (look at the dark rubber line on the track) and the red-black car dive bombs into the pink car:
    WAF02.jpg

19. Goes To 11

Goes To 11 Gamer

It's fine to have an opinion but yours doesn't make any sense. I really can't understand how anyone would think it was the pink cars fault or just a racing incident. The black and red car clearly did not have any overlap before the pink car started to turn in. This is about as clear as it gets. How can there be differing opinions on this? It appears that After_Midnight was concentrating (at first) on the Aston in front so that is understandable. But other than that, how can this be misinterpreted as not being the black and red cars fault? The best you can say is that the black and red car misjudged the pink cars speed because the pink car pulled up to fall in behind the black and green car but that doesn't mean it's not his fault.

20. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

@AndyK70 Yea, as I mentioned in my reply, its hard to say anything from just that camera angle, especially without having the pedal traces for each car. Its quite easy to watch a video from an elevated viewpoint, 10 times, while being able to slowmo or pause it, but everything in a race happens from a limited viewpoint, with very little time to make decisions.

In a lot of ways when you get on the brakes (unless you braked early for various reasons, like being extra safe), you have already decided which line you plan to take, and how quickly you will be going at the apex, since you can't slow down any more than you were already planning to do. Because of that, there isn't a lot of scope for cars to do anything that wasn't wholly predictable on the brakes.

It sometimes gets to a point when the car ahead has to concede that if they wanted to cover the inside/apex for a corner they should have positioned their car to claim it sooner than they had, and that trying to claim it past that point is putting their survival completely in the car behinds ability to slow down even more than they were already doing so, or faster than they are slowing down themselves.

With regards the clip itself, it does look like the red and black car got back off the brakes a little, but that was at a point where they believed the pink car had conceded the inside line, at about the exact same time that the pink car decided it didn't want to concede the line and it tucked back in behind the leading car (presumably by braking a little harder/longer). From that it looks a bit like one of those situations where both or neither made a mistake, and it was just bad luck they both moved into the same part of track as each other.

I'd either go for racing incident (both could have avoided it by being safer) or fault to the red and black car (it was the car behind) but its worth noting that this was the point immediately before impact, and the pink car was still moving left and at that point the red and black car was probably already slowing down as much as it could.
    upload_2020-3-23_1-19-39.png