1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The beginner's problems and various questions

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Christy, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I'm glad you're sticking with it. But I do encourage still to go online as well. Just be open-minded and run your own race. Maybe you'll find someone to race alongside. Anyway, if you see me out there, don't be shy to remind me of this thread and ask me to race together with you a bit. But, you'll enjoy the AI a lot more when you just settle in and drive, rather than try to dive-bomb every corner. Don't worry if you use a low AI rating ... only you know what it is, and besides, who cares! .... Settle in, drive, run with them for a bit, go longer races like at least 20 min (better 30) to get the rhythm. You'll be having fun before you even realize it.

2. Christy

Christy Gamer

Merci Atak, very nice:)

3. Christy

Christy Gamer

Questions regarding the study of a circuit.

1) Yesterday I worked on the video of the Misano circuit, and I found very good advice. So I reviewed my way of working on this circuit, but I am destabilized because in the end I lost 3s and more often.

With my method on 15 laps I arrived at 1.42.663 (repeated several times) and the average 1.44.600

- Yesterday study of the circuit following the advice of the video: I did 50 laps in the day, 'in sessions of 20' approximately. This morning I check my times to get an idea and on 25 laps and there:
    the best: 1.45.440 and the average 1.47.185

Maybe at my level this is perhaps normal, but I can not understand the reason! that seems illogical to me.

2) On this video, we always advise to go on the vibrators, for reasons that I understand, because I found that it allows you to turn faster in the turn and have a more precise angle of attack for the future.

But if I do this 'at each turn' I realize that I lose more time, although it is easier to turn, I dream .. I am wrong ... difficult all this?
    Then, if I do that, the software: ACC Result indicates in red my laps as invalid!

4. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

That should be close to the fastest racing line, but I think you need to adapt to it, that's why you are losing 3s per lap. Try to follow it as close as possible and every lap try to do it a little more faster, maybe you'll see how fast you can go on that line

BTW, those "vibrators" that you say, you're gonna see people here talking about them as the name of "kerbs" and/or "curbs"

5. Christy

Christy Gamer

Thank you, I will use the word 'border' in the future.
    I need to be more patient, to get used to quickly taking the borders.
    Actually, I am afraid too take of much border, and fact it becomes a penalty !

Perhaps there is a precise technique for correctly positioning the inner wheel on the border and without going over it?

I think I may not have understood what gives the penalty in this case.

6. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Are you practicing in the Hot Lap mode? That mode has more strict penalties, try using the practice game mode

7. Christy

Christy Gamer

8. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Well, Misano is a tough track, in my opinion. It is the one I dislike the most, in all of ACC. I find it very challenging. I tend to avoid it because I'm just not good at it. At the same time, it is a track, that once you figure it out, it can be really rewarding because on many of the corners you can find a lot of lap-time if you hit them right.

My guess - you are braking too late, finding yourself going too deep into many of the corners, and then struggling to get out. Do all your corners feel a bit messy to you? Either that, or when you are exiting the corners, you find yourself going out too wide and onto the grass?

Misano has a LOT of slower speed corners. Many of them are 1st gear, and for me that is really unusual to have that may 1st gear corners on a track. I'm sure the fast guys don't go down to 1st as much as me, but that will be because they've found the perfect line and that's not so easy to find at Misano.

What I find with Misano:
    -find your braking points, and when in doubt, come of the gas a bit early, coast into the corner a bit, and easy up on the brakes a bit. So instead of jumping 100% on the brake, let the car decelerate a bit on it's own and use the brake to slow it more, but not at the limit. Make sure that when you start to turn, you're off the brake.
    -on corner exit, resist the temptation to hammer the go-pedal. Give gas, but just wait to give 100% until you are really sure you won't go wide.
    - there are many corners you can take at Misano with just a bit of brake, and about 50% gas. They're not all stop-and-go sorta corners. Much of it is a sort of rhythm where you can just slow the car a little bit, and still find your way through the corner at good speed.

Good luck, wish I had better advise but sounds like your putting in the time, which honestly, is more important than any words anyone types here.

mystek likes this.
  9. pdf3108

pdf3108 Rookie

Haha but no, you should use the word ‘kerbs’ or ‘curbs’ as well, coz thats what they are (named)! :)

10. Christy

Christy Gamer

Merci Atak :)

At the braking level:
    I test several ways of doing things: braking
    - 100% 1-2s depending on the turns then progressive braking when I can.
    -Acceleration: never (unless I am mistaken) I press 100% full throttle at the end of the turn .. I understood my pain .. So I try to do this by thinking, and after testing different ways.

Yes Misano is very very difficult, but considering the time passed .. it is not now that I will give up, it will take the time it takes .. but I will not give up!

And in addition I just noticed a wrong setting regarding my FOV, It must be at 22 ° for my comfort I put it at 24-25 °

And since 15 days that I am on ACC, it was set to 42 °, so busy with my progress, I forgot this setting!

So tonight, I'm smiling yellow .. I'm going to have to review my entire working strategy on this circuit, I have already started, and really we can see how essential this adjustment is.

All my braking points, how to take turns, and how fast to do it etc ... I have to start from scratch.

But at the same time, I am not discouraged, because I find (even if I suffer from it) that this may be an extremely beneficial exercise for my progress. :rolleyes:

To avoid getting bored ..
    I'm going to start a new track for 2-3 days, I think about:
    - Zandvoort or Nurburgring or zolder
    Which is easier?
    merci

Atak_Kat likes this.
  11. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Zolder is easy once you get the chicanes right, if I were you that's the one I'll choose

12. mystek

mystek Racer

#Christy - send replay of your best lap so far on YT and post it here.

What setup do you use?

What racing games did u play before ACC and how long?

13. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

OP - Recorded a quick lap of Misano for you, taking it easy, just to give you an idea of the race line and where to use the curbs.

14. Christy

Christy Gamer

Merci beaucoup, super cette vidéo, en fait elle me parle bien. Et surtout j'ai noté 2 -3 choses que je testerai, sur Misano début avril. ;)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  15. Christy

Christy Gamer

New circuit :
    As I indicated on post n ° 30, I am stopping Misano (following my bad FOV trimming). I will resume in early April.

the new circuit I am working on is: Zandvoort, it is also very difficult, but I worked on it 6 months ago on RF2 (Rfactor2) with a Renault F1.

I tell myself that this is a good test to see if I will progress faster under ACC, which I think.

I will regularly inform you of the progress of my progress on this track.
    I just did 22 laps I had 2 medals, remains the 3rd because I have 4 laps without any errors .. :)

9stat.png 8stat.png

I got the 3rd medal, I will make a video so you can advise me, it will be great, again thank you to you who follow this post by involving you with very interesting answers.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  16. Christy

Christy Gamer

please , read my first post, you will have your answers :)
    Thank you

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  17. mystek

mystek Racer

#Christy - what is you are doing wrong? You are diving in deep water. You started your adventure with sim racing from... Renault F1 car and GT3 cars. This is big mistake. GT3 cars (and F1 specially) got really strange behaviours vs normal street cars because of high downforce, slicks, stiff chassis etc. In my opinion you should start from AC1:

- start playing cars like Toyota GT86, Mazda MX5, Toyota AE86 - learn RWD cars physics and behaviours,
    - start learning racing line on tracks - a lot of tracks in AC and ACC are same,
    - play with bots and watch their racing lines. When you get some experience you will see when you can brake later, or where you can take late apex etc,
    - after some time (let say 1-2 months) try to take more powerful RWD cars: BMW E30, BMW M4, M3, Nissan 370 Nismo, Lotuses - those cars teach you how to handle with throttle,
    - next step are cars like: Ferrari Italia, Lamborghini Gallardo, Nissan GTR, Porsche GT3 RS - this step teach a lot, bigger speed, car behaviours are still street but with some racing cars (GT3 RS specially), learn RR and MR behaviours,
    - sometimes start play (when you getting bored) Mazda MX5 Cup, DTM cars and GT4 cars - those cars gives a lot of knowledge, when you known how to drive GT4 cars it's a good step to play GT3 cars and go back to ACC :)))

sissydriver likes this.
  18. Christy

Christy Gamer

Bonjour,

Your opinion is interesting, but I'm not 'totally' begginers and my mistake was to train without thinking how to do it!
    I was only focused on my times ... and I saw the limit !

I said that I worked the zanndvoort track with a F1 renault on RF2 but and I took maximum pleasure in it.

I do not drive cars that I am not comfortable with or I hate driving. This precise does not mean that I have not driven other cars like the Mazda for example , I did not like AC and I will never stay there again.:)

Besides, I'm going to share my training with ACC and AMS 2 and a little RF2 (from time to time on an Open that I like) in a racing club.

AMS 2 I bought in pre-order 3 months ago already. :) because I appreciate all the F1-3, tatuus etc ... and the less common circuits. Not to mention the physics of cars the top of the top and this already with AMS1.

I do simulation in the freedom of my choice of cars, and I also do simulation for my pleasure. Certainly I impose myself a lot of rigor (recently unfortunately) but with the pleasure of the choice of the car and the track.
    Without this minimum of freedom in my choices, I will no longer have the pleasure I seek in racing simulation.;)

19. mystek

mystek Racer

If you play for pleasure this topic is unnecessary then. If you want to learn something (by not going back to AC1) do like other guys told you - watch Youtube ("ACC track guide", "ACC hot lap", Driver61 channel and other channels with driving technique, watch real drivers in GT3 Blancpain - David Perel for example), practice, practice and more practice, first of all learn brake points and tracks, this is 80% of good laps

20. Christy

Christy Gamer

Frankly you make me laugh ....
    Above all, we are considered by all 'player' simulation designers!
    I don't understand your point of view at all ... except to want to create problems where there are none.
    And it's not for you to judge that this post is useless.