1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC CPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Deatroy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Kusoni

Kusoni Rookie

Should be, it isn't too much different than my 9800X and I play with max opponents while keeping good fps. It would be best to test it out in a quick race as there are other factors that may limit you, such as your graphics settings and available RAM.

2. Stains

Stains Simracer

I have a 7700k but struggle as soon as I put mirrors on! Do I need more cores or faster cores? What should I upgrade to for ACC in triples 1080p? If I look at results on first page it seems 7700k is fastest! I'm confused :(

3. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

I have changed from i5 9600k to i9 9900k. it's day and night. The 16 threads are used. I have not OCed to 5ghz for the moment...now it's stable with any weather any time. I have not tested more than medium rain...i can't see the road....

I recommend i9 9900k. All is so smooth. I play with BFV and Insurgency Sanstorm which are CPU demanding (smooth now and 16 threads used), Dirt rally 2 (+20 fps just with the CPU change).

It's false that games only use 4 threads.....

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  4. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Rookie

I bought a new CPU (i7 9700k) for ACC and iRacing because I saw I had CPU limit with i5 8600k while I use 2070 Super.

And I see a huge imporvement when I'm racing.
    I'm using a 144 Hz monitor and I'm happy with the performance now.

I will run a new benchmark test for the ACC users today. Until that I can show you a "stress" test in ACC while I'm drive using i5 8600k and i7 9700k.

Maybe it will help somebody.

rycil and After_Midnight like this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

A ~17 % FPS increase isn't bad. But still, the CPU is bottlenecking the GPU so freaking hard...

6. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

I have OC'ed my i9 9900K to 5.3ghz, all is good, GPU is maxed with 29 AI :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. Stains

Stains Simracer

Can anyone tell me what this means ? I know its saying CPU is over loaded , lol but any more infor you can share with me ? Its running beautifully and at very high settings @ 5760x1080 but just interested what info i can gather from the info here . Seeing CPU load isnt that high , im surprised ACC is saying overloaded !!
    TIA
    20200321231807_1.jpg

8. MJP

MJP Racer

That's the server CPU overload, not the one in your PC.

Stains likes this.
  9. Stains

Stains Simracer

Okay, so there was only 10 players in that race! Is that Kunos own server overloaded?
    Can you explain what the OSD is saying? QoS? And CPU numbers over 100.

10. MJP

MJP Racer

Minolin explains

Stains likes this.
  11. dean riley

dean riley Rookie

glad iv just read this tread as i have been looking at upgrading my CPU due to this and its turns out its nothing to do with the CPU.

Stains likes this.
  12. rycil

rycil Simracer

Thanks for sharing your findings.
    It is very strange that myself I am experiencing issue in biggrid MP servers (80 fps) on the grid until the grid starts to move then it drops to 60-70 something, with no apparent reason as CPU and GPU are not overloaded.

Would it be possible that the RAM speed is the bottleneck?
    What is the difference between you two rigs regarding the DDR speed?

Thanks.

13. I'm not techsavvy and I can't be bothered to read a thread I don't understand half of.

If you would like to race the 24h of Spa 2018 and 2019 with the full 60+ car grid at 1080p on a normal screen (so no VR), what kind of hardware would you need for 60fps constantly? I'm asking for the components so I can look what to buy in the (near) future.

Thank you all.

14. Stains

Stains Simracer

Not so sure it's possible! Not without dips below 60!

15. Ok, dips are ok, getting stutters and freezes are not.

16. Boundless

Boundless Rookie

Is it worth upgrading from i5-7600K to i7-7700K? ACC works well with 4 additional threads from HT?

17. Ryzen 5 2600 stock, RTX2070 super, 32Gb DDR4@2933CL14, ACC v 1.4.1

2020-05-17 13:27:44 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6349 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 105.817 - Min: 92 - Max: 121

18. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Simple question (or not?): for ACC is it better a i7-9700k (8cores / 8 threads) or a Ryzen 9 3900X (12 cores/24 threads)?
    I seem to understand the number of cores has an impact on ACC performance, but is it the case using Ryzen CPUs?
    Thanks.

19. Stains

Stains Simracer

OP hasn't been updated with all CPU benchmarks but it seems clear that ACC doesn't really care for more than 4c with 8 threads! Well that's my read from this thread.

Guidofoc likes this.