1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2020 - Share your wheel Rotation/Angle - Steer Lock.

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Kiptanoi, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Kiptanoi

Kiptanoi Rookie

Hello!

I am trying to find a good settings for the GT3 cars in terms of wheel rotaion.
    With a settings of 900 the cars is really slow turning, and with settings of 360 the porshe is hard to control :p
    So I wonder what settings do you all use in this game and what type of wheel base and rim you all uses?
    This is my current setup:

Wheelbase: Thrustmaster TX.
    Rim: Ferrari F1 Wheel.
    Rotation in TM program: 360.
    Steer lock settings in game: 360.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Missing 2020 season in the championship mode Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AUDI EVO 2 and MERCEDES AMG GT3 2020 Nov 8, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Driving the newer 2020 cars in Career Mode? Jan 22, 2022
    Screens & Videos Sliding into 2020 | Drifting Cinematic Jan 3, 2022
    ACC General Discussions ACC v1.8x - cars season 21 [2020 DLC missing] Nov 27, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Discord.me/ASRL Assetto Corsa Oval Racing in NASCAR 2020 Mod on Tuesdays at 9PM EDT starting August Aug 5, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 2020 AMG, 2018 Bentley or 2016 Lexus Jul 28, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Duplicate cars in 2020 Championship Jul 2, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Possible power glitch with 2020 Merc GT3 Jun 28, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room GT3 and RSS Formula 2 V6 2020 Jun 3, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Negative Camber limit glitch [2020 BOP camber limits imposed] May 19, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Formula Hybrid 2020 League for relative noobs? Mar 7, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Problem Circuit Barcelona 2020 Feb 13, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Zolder (2020) test SETUP, Porsche 991 II Feb 4, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer ICGT DLC tracks with 2020 suffix Feb 2, 2021

3. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Wheel: Thrustmaster TMX.
    Rotation in TM program: 520.
    Steer lock settings in game: 520.

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS
    Rotation TM: 1080°
    Ingame: 900°

5. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Just set the wheelbase to 900/1080 degrees and same degrees in game and it will work as it should. Making the car turn more by reducing the degrees of rotation is the wrong way to go..

6. Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite
    Rotation: 1080°
    Ingame: 1080°

Bear in mind that there will be a soft lock normally according to the cars steering lock (like 540° for the Porsche e.g.). You can change the steering lock in the setup of the car to adjust if needed. Don't set different values in your device driver and the game, it'll just give you headache.

7. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
    TM ControlPanel : 900 degrees
    ACC ingame : 900 degrees
    488 GT3, usually 12 "steer ratio" in setup screen .

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

ACC should be set to 900/900 for 1:1 however I have a habit to set each vehicle with it's correct steering lock both in game and within the drivers.

acc_car_list_info.jpg

9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Leave everything at 900x900 degrees as suggested, then you can use the steering "ratio" in setup, to help fine tune the steering feel for you.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  10. Oh really? Then I confused it with the rF2 Porsche RSR (GTE obviously). Thanks for clarifying!

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I have not played rF2 for a while however on RD (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/steering-lock-ratio-buggered.140863/) there is some chat talking about the Porsche having a steering ratio of 540/24. Maybe this is where you got the 540 from..? If you put steering lock to 800 degrees both in game and within the driver and turn on the virtual wheel in ACC there should be a 1:1 match with your physical and virtual wheel.

12. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

I drive the Porsche with DD1 and 360° ,bothi game and fanatec setup.

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Why would you do that..? 360 degrees is for open wheelers/F1 and the Porsche has 800 degrees of steering wheel rotation, making it the highest in the GT3 category. All you have done have made difficult car (for some) even more difficult to drive.. However each to their own, if thats what you like go with it..

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  14. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

Probably you have absolutely right, i tried to drive with an higher angle but i felt It not responsive and slow.

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Muscle memory..

Curious.. As the Porsche is the only rear mounted engine do you struggle with snap oversteer?

16. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

No!

17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

What steering ratio are you using ?

18. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

Default, never touched that value

19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@ gupise maybe you are to used to iracing and this causes issues?

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Dropping down from 15 to a lower value, like 12 or even 11, makes a big change in steering "feel", and allows you to be able to use recommended lock.

jp miranda likes this.
  21. Coanda

Coanda Alien

For me personally, every car should be driven 1:1 so you can feel the differences between each vehicle and the vehicle behaves as intended or closer to what is represent in real life..

rafaldrath and kamkie like this.