1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. The time table with the end result could easily be saved to the hard drive of the player and be displayed in the stats section. Why would this require server hosting on their end?

AndyK70 likes this.
  2. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

Sorry it has taken me a while to look at this. ACC Shared memory does have a slot for tyre wear, but unfortunately it is not used (maybe this was just for AC only). It's a bit weird because brake wear is reported. I'll ask over at the relevant forum
    Doug

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  3. pamoer

pamoer Rookie

Thanks for a great utility! Kind of annoyed I haven't seen this before :)

A few quick observations regarding the .csv-export:
    • The "sector 3" column is mis-named "sector 2" in the exported file
    • A lot (perhaps all, haven't checked) number cells have a space prefix
    • The formation lap sector times are odd (https://imgur.com/a/FFjcMDg)

My personal dream feature for an application like this would be if it could upload to a Google sheet in realtime. I realize this is a big ask, but it would be amazing for teams.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  4. Doug Duthie

Hi there,
    Good spot - the first two will be fixed in the next release. The last is a bonus ACC feature! For sessions reported from shared memory output, the first lap can have complete rubbish in the first sector and maybe even the second (which in turn mucks up the 3rd - shared memory never reports the 3rd sector, so it is calculated from the first 2 and the laptime). I'm moving over to the Broadcast/UDP interface which appears a bit more reliable on times, although sometimes the first sector of the first lap is sometimes blank - not much I can do about that.

I'm probably going to avoid realtime exports - one of my main premises for this app is to try to have a minimal performance overhead while races are in progress, and do all the hard work when a race finishes, so I don't hurt the frame rate.
    Doug

pamoer likes this.
  5. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.5.0 Released

It has been quite a while since the last update, and this has caused me a few headaches. Many of you quite rightly bemoaned the lack of the full field of players in multiplayer. This wasn't an option with the ACC shared memory interface which I had previously used, so I've moved across to the ACC broadcast/UDP interface. This proved a little more involved than I anticipated, mainly because ACC Results Companion works in a point in space (the end of lap) and the broadcast interface reports on a point in time. I'll explain a bit more further down.

The broadcast/UDP interface doesn't give all the information I require (eg fuel and some other car details), so that is now enriched from shared memory. A drawback is that this information is only available for the player car. While we are at it, I've thrown in the current tyre choice, track conditions and tyre pressures and temps.

A lot more columns are available now and not all are displayed by default. If you want to display the new columns, right click on the header and select, or unselect columns as you wish. You can also drag columns to your preferred position. A bonus is that your preferences are now remembered

[​IMG]

You'll see above pressures/temperatures (eg p FR - Pressure Front Front or ° FR - Temprature Front Right) displayed above. The heatmap roughly (and only very roughly) correlates to the tyre app in ACC (basically green is good, blue not so much, and with yellow/red you need to calm down a bit).

Also above, we have gaps. For races, this is the gap to the car in front and for qualifying/practice the lap delta to the lead car. For race final standings, it is the time delta to the winning car. Previously gaps were only avialable for final standings, but the colour coding was a disaster and the ordering for practice/qualy didn't really make sense. Now, in final standings, the lap times are the fastest laps for each player and colour coded by heatmap. For practice/qualy, the position is the leaderboard by laptime (not laps completed as before)

For offline races, this is the true delta at the start/finish line. For online races, it is a bit more tricky. Only the distance to the car ahead is reported and this can be converted to time. However, this is the time to where they are now (assuming constant speed), not the delta to when they crossed the line. It will be roughly a similar value, but be aware it isn't exact. Also, it is only the gap to the car ahead. If a lapped car in between you and the car a position ahead, the gap is only reported to the lapped car. There's not much I can do about this as the information isn't available. I thought about using the elapsed time from the beginning, but that doesn't work when cars can join at different times. Anyway, it is just one example of Broadcast/UDP being used for one thing, and me trying to use it for a completely different purpose.

Gaps aren't available for server results as there's no way of determining the information from the file.

Finally, a word about positions. Positions are taken directly from Broadcast/UDP. Remember this reports at a point in time, not after the fact at the finish line. This can have the slightly odd looking result of a number of cars having the same position (eg when car 21 passed the line, ge qualified 3rd, however, then car 11 made a slightly better time to take 3rd and car 21 would now be 4th...however his position is now set in stone)

[​IMG]

I'll have to have a think about if there is enough information to reliably calculate the adjusted positions at the finish line.

To sum up, all (bar one) sessions have been moved to the UDP interface to operate consistently. An advantage is that hotstints will not be recorded even if you don't completed them.

However, I decided to keep offine races as being driven from the results file for one reason. This is the only way I can really support races that are saved part way through and continued at a later date.

As always, if you feel like supported this project, click the donate page on the app. Many thanks to all those that have already generously donated.

Happy racing
    Doug

Down load at https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/

Tech G, vanveen, AndyK70 and 7 others like this.
  6. Fantastic news...thankyou Doug!

7. Doug Duthie

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Sorry about this - It looks like a bad day. If you had an earlier install of ACC results Companion (V1.4.0 and earlier), the upgrade scripts were in the wrong order causing errors on the first run. If you have installed V1.5.0, 1.5.1 or 1.5.2, these all have this issue.

V1.5.4 should fix the database and correct the errors.

If you have gone straight from V1.4.0 to V1.5.3, this won't have the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Doug

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  8. Doug Duthie

Broadcasting setup
    I had assumed broadcasting was set up by default (maybe it was required for CrewChief - can't remember now)

Anyhow, ACC Results Companion now heavily relies upon the Broadcast/UDP interface. If you haven't already set it up, go to

This PC > Documents > Assetto Corsa Competizione and edit the file broadcasting.json. Add something like the following:

Code:
    {
        "updListenerPort": 9000,
        "connectionPassword": "asd",
        "commandPassword": ""
    }
    You can change the passwords if desired - I'd recommend keeping the port unchanged

Doug

9. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Am i the only one unable to launch this app ?

I have the loading screen and then noting, no app launched, nothing in the task manager also....

I am on Win10 Pro and run AMD 3900X setup just in case it can help.

10. Doug Duthie

There was an error with 1.5.0 - can you try V1.5.4 now on Race Department - that fixes the problems that have been seen so far, and adds more diagnostics in case there are any other issues I need to investigate
    Doug

11. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Doug Duthie

Already tried it.

Tell me if you want files or report to investigate.

12. Doug Duthie

OK - can you look in C:\Users\[Your user name]\Documents\ACCResults

There should be ACCResults.log and possibly ACCResults1.log. Can you send these - they should tell me what went wrong
    Thanks,
    Doug

13. Robert Euller

Robert Euller Rookie

Hallo Doug,

first of all I have to say that this is a great app and I want to say thank you for sharing this!

When updating it, do I have to uninstall the previous version first?

Greetings,
    Robert

14. Doug Duthie

No - if it is a newer version, it will upgrade the older one
    Enjoy
    Doug

vanveen likes this.
  15. Doug Duthie

New version - V1.5.6

I've made a new version available at Race Department. It addresses the issues some people were having and ensures that the ACC Broadcast interface is configured correctly
    Doug

vanveen likes this.
  16. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Doug Duthie

You should create a default "C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\ACCResults\Backup\Config" folder upon instalation otherwise you get an error when going to the Backups tab at first launch ;)

AndyK70 likes this.
  17. Doug Duthie

Yes - well spotted. Will be included in the next release

18. My first couple of races with the updated version worked fine but for the last 2 races it shows no results and the car is displayed as 'Unknown Car', the qualifying sessions is recorded fine though. I am using version 1.5.5

this is from the log file

2020-03-29 21:14:19 WARNING ResultsDB.retrieveLaps : Could not find lap detail in database for session=e6caa8e7-225a-4ff7-a722-844b51c5e3d9, race number=0
    2020-03-29 21:14:19 ERROR ACCResults.olvSessions_SelectionChanged : Exception changing session selection Sequence contains no elements
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Max(IEnumerable`1 source)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Max[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
    at ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.getMaxLaps(List`1 lapDetails) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:line 2256
    at ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.olvSessions_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:line 2081
    2020-03-29 21:15:57 WARNING ResultsDB.retrieveLaps : Could not find lap detail in database for session=e6caa8e7-225a-4ff7-a722-844b51c5e3d9, race number=0
    2020-03-29 21:15:57 ERROR ACCResults.olvSessions_SelectionChanged : Exception changing session selection Sequence contains no elements
    at ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.getMaxLaps(List`1 lapDetails) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:line 2256
    at ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.olvSessions_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:line 2081
    2020-03-29 21:15:59 WARNING ResultsDB.retrieveLaps : Could not find lap detail in database for session=e6caa8e7-225a-4ff7-a722-844b51c5e3d9, race number=-1
    2020-03-29 21:16:13 WARNING ResultsDB.retrieveLaps : Could not find lap detail in database for session=e6caa8e7-225a-4ff7-a722-844b51c5e3d9, race number=-1
    2020-03-29 21:16:13 ERROR ACCResults.olvSessions_SelectionChanged : Exception changing session selection Sequence contains no elements
    2020-03-29 21:16:16 WARNING ResultsDB.retrieveLaps : Could not find lap detail in database for session=e6caa8e7-225a-4ff7-a722-844b51c5e3d9, race number=0

19. Doug Duthie

Can you right click in the session area and select Export Diagnostics. An explorer window will open. Can you rename the Diagnostics_XXXX.zip file created to Diagnostics_XXXXX.txt and post it here
    Thanks,
    Doug

20. ok Doug...here is the txt file

Attached Files: