1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Driving Views

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Diablo_rf, Apr 8, 2019.

?

What type of camera view are you using?

1. Interior

92.5%
  2. Exterior

3.6%
  3. I use both, depending of the situation

3.9%
  1. Stains

Stains Simracer

2. Stains

Stains Simracer

3. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

I'm doing some tests using the Dashboard camera view.
    I've left the default settings except the Pitch one.
    Below is an example with the Aston Martin:

20200317_130248.jpg

4. Stains

Stains Simracer

Looking at pics like this make me so happy that i went triples ! You think its fine until you try ;) Sorry mate but i think you need to start saving :p and just so you know , my 1080Ti needs some settings compromises for 1080p triples ! Not much but cant just max it , same settings as my 4k monitor , lots of epic but a couple mediums (PP , effects , mirrors)and offs (blur and fog) .

5. Andrex

Andrex Gamer

I use only cockpit driver view, to be the fastest I am to old (56) :)

6. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

You're right, let's keep the default cockpit view

7. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

20200317_162226.jpg
    LOL!!
    I thought ... what's @OlivierMDVY doing in my room?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  8. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

nrc689 likes this.
  9. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

Why the cockpit view in acc looks different from iracing?
    I drive in iracing without any problem, i can see all the turn as in Real Life; in acc the turn appears tighter and more difficult to approach. Is there any setting to help on this?
    Currently i'm driving with the driver position very close to the ws to reduce the effect but i'd like to view the rear mirror Better (i'm on 49" uwide).

10. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

You would need to show us screenshots of both so we can see what all about? Same FOV and camera position should give the same results

11. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

I don't Remember the fov, and apparently, the turn looks the same in both the picture.
    But during the drive, ACC has less Speed feeling and a more sense of turn closing.

I'm pretty new in iracing and i noticed from the First Time i played, any problem to Place the car where i want. In acc i'm still struggling with the cockpit view, from the Hood i fly and It looks very similar to Real Life.

Attached Files:

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Gupise - In case you were not aware AC/ACC uses vertical FOV and I believe iRacing uses horizontal FOV..

LATE4APEX likes this.
  13. Maciej Malinowski

Yes they use different FOVs but I think they are the same in both pictures, but why so big FOV, it lookes massive, do you use any triple screen or ultra wide?
    Well, it looks like the camera in the ACC is moved strangely to the front (probably to see less dash I would assume)
    Anyway if you are using so high FOV not on ultra wide or tripples, (and even for ultra wide it looks to big for me), things in the distance are gonna be very small, just look at the exit of that turn, you can barely see it, because those objects are so tiny it hard to track them and know where they are, also there is a thing of camera movement on bumps, camera roll and pitch and so on
    I would advise trying to calculate FOV (because I don’t believe your screen to be so huge for this one to be the calculated one)
    and trying to adapt to it, I know it feels weird at the beginning but you will find shortly that it’s about knowing where stuff is not necessarily seeing it (think about it, you don’t see thinking that are beside you in front, you see them changing positions from in front of you to beside you where you don’t look, but you know the movement and are more aware of it)

Whitestar and LeDude83 like this.
  14. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I also use a 49" super-ultrawide. And your view does look strange to me.
    - I suspect your FOV is set too low. What you describe (less sense of speed and strange behaviour when turning) sounds like it. On mine, I can easily see left mirror, where you cannot. I guess it depends how far the monitor is from your eyes.
    - The picture also looks distorted a bit. I wonder if you have adjusted the 'projection correction' in the view settings? Because messing around with that can distort the picture

15. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

Coanda frankly speaking, i don't know what It Means

16. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

Guys First of all thank you.
    I'll try to calculate the correct fov, do you suggest a specific tool/site?
    @Maciej Malinowski i'm using a 49" uwide

@Atak_Kat i messed with prospective correction

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Simply put ACC calculations are worked out based on the vertical plane and iRacing is worked out on the horizontal plane therefore the degrees setting you put in each sim should not be the same. Linked below is a great calculator that gives you both vFOV and hFOV values + a little bonus, it has a great setup comparison tool for ACC & fuel calculator. For more in depth info on FOV and optics there is a stack of info online..

[​IMG]

FOV Calculator

https://simsource.azurewebsites.net/tools/fov

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Whitestar and Maciej Malinowski like this.
  18. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

In iracing the fov Is almost ok, in ACC i'm very far from that calculation, this can explain why i'm less comfortable with ACC. I Hope to improve my feeling now.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

19. Maciej Malinowski

Yeah now I see the ACC is stretched more than I racing and then probably to negate that you mover camera forward and that’s what make me think they look the same at first glance, in both you can see the whole windscreen

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Gupise - Are you using the cockpit or dash camera?