1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MSI RADEON RX 5700 XT MECH OC and FPS

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by maxcoslo, Mar 25, 2020.

1. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

I have just purchased the MSI RADEON RX 5700 XT MECH OC and set the Radeon Adrenalin software on E-Sport, however I have verified that, while modifying the ingame graphic settings and without any limit of the FPS, the FPS remain in a range of 80-100 and change the GPU workload.
    What should I do to have more FPS.
    My cpu is Ryzen 7 2700 overclocking 3400 or 3700

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Driver Nationality when Customsing Car and Team etc Apr 24, 2020
    Chit Chat Room MSI afterburner overclocking tool Feb 8, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Some random crashes since 1.9 (solved uninstalling MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner) Dec 12, 2016
    Liveries Ferrari 458 gt2 - bodyxfr liveries - msi livery and more... Dec 14, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck in first menu (msi afterburner conflict) Nov 19, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Black screen when loading? (msi afterburner conflict) Jul 9, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Msi afterburner works but with no voltage adjustment Dec 13, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Do i go for msi amd r9 280 for €184 Oct 14, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Acs.exe hang on session start (solved: msi afterburner issues) Jul 22, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto corsa stopped working (right on the title screen) [msi afterburner] Jul 5, 2014
    Chit Chat Room GTX MSI 770 OC Video Card on it's way! What to expect? Apr 1, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ACS.exe has stopped working (solved: MSI overlay) Feb 5, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC Launcher stopping working and game crash (MSI Ab - exclusion list required) Jan 19, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds MSI afterburner, ATIpro and other overlays Nov 8, 2013
    ACC Hardware Discussions 2 x Radeon RX580 (Crossfire): does it work in ACC? What CPU goes well with them? Mar 31, 2020

3. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

You didn't mention other components of your rig, so I'd take a guess...
    Maybe get a faster CPU?
    When the GPU is is way faster than the CPU can feed it, it won't get more fps without a faster CPU regardless the graphic settings you use ingame.

4. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

Cpu is Ryzen 7 2700 but ocerclocking at 3400 or 3700

5. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

If your GPU load is not over 90% and you don't get more fps than the rest of your system is limiting.
    Please elaborate your situation a bit more.

Did you monitor your CPU with MSI Afterburner or HWInfo. Are some CPU cores at max and others are barely used? Then still your CPU is limiting and ACC doesnt take advantage of all the cores/threads.
    Are you playing with AI (how many) or is this without AI, offline practice session, online session (how many opponents?)
    Are you overclocking your RAM? At what speed is your RAM running?
    etc.

6. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

my pc:
    CPU Ryzen 7 2700 3400mhz but which I bring to 3700mhz
    16gb RAM DDR4 2666mhz
    Monitored with MSI Afterburner it gives me a CPU load always below 40% with peaks at 50% and GPU load at around 50% with basic graphics setting at around 90% with ultra graphics.
    At the moment they are in the free practice of the short weekend with the maximum set by default of AI and offline.

7. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Please add all cores to the monitoring not only the combined average CPU load.
    I don't think ACC can take advantage of all 16 threads and maybe even not of all 8 cores of your CPU.
    Overclocking will help you and also RAM overclocking can give you a little boost.

So far I think your CPU is limiting, not because it is a bad cpu, but because ACC can't use all cores/threads and the single core performance is not that big as when using a Intel 9700K or 9900K which has much higher clocks but not so much cores.
    Unless games take full advantage of multi core cpus, intel is still in favor.

8. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

I have monitored all the cores and they are all used even if with different percentages.
    Today I attended the events and the "limit" of the fps is not there.
    With basic configuration I have about 175fps and with the ultra one about 110.

9. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

interesting, so no limit when you are offline and alone on the track...
    Only in this mode or in practice and hotlap, too?

10. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

By offline do you mean no multiplayer?
    Why are you always online if not the rating does not work.
    What I can add is that during the race weekend the fps remains in the range even if the opponents are very distant and therefore it is only me in the monitor.

11. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

correct

The rating can be switched off and on for single player. In fact it is way easier to boost your SA rating in single player than in multiplayer. No T1 crashes and no first lap heroes...

12. I've to disagree here.

Agree at the bolted parts. My I9 9900k have also 8cores/16thread like the Ryzen 7 2700.

Exactly the same behaviour of my CPU here. At least at the monitored 8 real cores.

AndyK70 likes this.