1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Crossplay?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Lars Schneider, Mar 30, 2020.

1. So I have ACC for PC for a while now... Now my friend ( a xbox one player) asked if it will be possible to play against each other. I know that Valve and Microsoft are not the best friends, but will it be possible just to connect to the same server?

I think this would be great, because not like a FPS or something a PC player won't have any advantages against the console player.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Telemetry - timing gaps Jan 15, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server shows up in Lobby without ping value and cannot be accessed Jan 11, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024

3. Schaefe

Schaefe Rookie

+1

I think it benefits everybody when the player base increases

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I think it doesn't benefit pc players to get a ****load of console players with gamepads.

5. Gio07

Gio07 Racer

I sincerely hope not, or at least that there are servers only available for the PC version. Most console users are not able to compete cleanly because they are used to a more casual experience. It's a big generalization, I know. But taking away a small number of users who know how to behave on the track, I think most of them will only ruin everyone's gaming experience. IMHO

Vítor Sousa and Tim Meuris like this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There are ratings to deal with this, I have to say the general PC user base is pretty much the same as the general console user base. There are likely some good racers on console that if it was possible to race them I would gladly have them in servers.

I joined a few random ACC servers the other day at Bathurst and of these I was the last one running after not very long even with a decent amount of starters. I had some friends run in a more casual group the other day and they were kind of amazed by how poor the general driving standards were.

Hosting servers with stricter restrictions and mostly guys from our league gives very good racing at any distance and most that start manage to finish. In our league we can get 30 plus start and nearly all will finish whatever distance we race at any track.

The general PC user base gets a bit too much credit but with stricter restrictions and better quality racers you can get good racing. I dont see how this if using the same physics and algorithms would be any different with the console user base.

Look at the recent SRO charity challenge, this included many sim racers from PC but also quite a few mostly console guys along with real world pro drivers. Cant say there was much wrong with the raceing even those that arent mostly PC guys.

The user base on console is considerably bigger and so this using similar percentages of casuals or raw beginners and more dedicated racers would likely help boost numbers in strict entry servers. This would give those wanting better racing more options to race in generally bigger fields of better standard racers if server entry was setup properly.

If this cross platform play is actually possible is something else, main things that could be a limitation is grid sizes for console users and more delays for updates compared to the steam release.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  7. #snajdan

#snajdan Gamer

would be anyway a big disadvantage for gamepad users, if they should know that they could never beat wheel drivers on pc because additional "weight penalty" for "autosteer" using (if this is really true)

8. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Interestingly one of the competitors yesterday was Bryan Heitkotter who won GT Academy and became a pro driver for Nissan, even won a World Challenge race a few years ago. Hes a National champion autocrosser, and I'd figure would have no problem keeping up with the ACC Sim racers. While he made the final race he finished well down in the order, way lower than I'd expect.

tositatu and Salvatore Amato like this.
  9. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

I'm for merging based on SA and RC ratings. As for hardware i mean there's no one stopping PC players from ysing Keyboard/mouses or controllers today so i dont see why that argument counts...

tjr, clear and blue, Schaefe and 2 others like this.
  10. I'm in favour of Crossplay. Let's see.

11. Ah come on

Freddie Seng and Pernando Alomso like this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Nothing stops PC players using gamepads, or console users to get a pc, let the casuals have their fun.

Maybe one day the people that want decent racing will finally figure out how to setup and join servers that have racing at the level they want. It doesn't matter what sort of setup someone is using but the capability of the person, if you want good clean racing its possible already. Most are incapable of using the tools provided to improve their own experience, they then blame others when in most cases their issues are choices they make themselves.

Increasing the active user base would only make it more likely that there will be more people to race at all levels, that's surely a good thing.

13. Rudski

Rudski Alien

@ Marty, who was the guys name that started with G that was kicking everyone *** on the XGN AC races? Fairly sure he used a gamepad. Perhaps he upgraded but the first few seasons I believe he was.

Fun fact, a guy called Siglo(something) I want to say Siglo6 was the top COD player on the leaderboards worldwide, he played against mouse and keyboard players. When they found out he was using a gamepad all hell broke loose.

If someone has the time and skill, any input is suitable.

14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Public racing right now is already not the best experience out there, even though most people seem to be using wheels. Then you get an influx of 1000s of people with gamepads who probably have 0 experience with simracing and treat games like these as another 'racing game'. For me personally that doesn't sound too attractive.

I'd rather have a smaller group of players who somewhat know what they're doing than having a large group of players that barely know how to drive. Quantity over quality.

Also, I'm not saying none of them know how to drive, I know there's good console racers out there. Just the majority most likely isn't.

Winston likes this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thats where the ratings can give you that smaller high quality group if you want better quality racing. As long as the ratings do a good job evaluating people and the people that want better racing actually use it then getting more users is not going to make racing any worse for them.

Everyone has to start somewhere and the more new people you bring into sim racing then the more people will get to a better level over time.

I still doubt cross play is going to come but it would be a big possitive if it was possible.

tjr, #snajdan and Schaefe like this.
  16. In defense of gamepad users, I used a gamepad successfully for a while. In fact I got quite competitive on SRS while still using the xbox controller. At one point that was 8th in the UK, with a very good record of incidents. With those triggers you have very good control of throttle and brakes. The main downside to is was the lack of feedback meant that often I could be oversteering. Also, because there is so much steering control in such a short amount of joystick movement I would get cramp in my thumb from keeping it remaining extremely steady for a full race. Moving to a wheel mainly increased immersion and enjoyment. Of course it also helped because the wheel would tell me what is a good amount of steering angle and what is overdriving the car.

So I think with the current rating system, gamepads (or even mouse and keyboard) shouldn't be a problem for good racing. It's more the mentality of the driver, but then there will be many console users who will show respect for good racing. Having a go on iRacing rookies is enough to tell you that having a good PC and sim rig and having a lot of money for subscription doesn't guarantee good racing.

17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

God I hope not, not in favour of crossplay.

18. Daffers

Daffers Rookie

Big -1 for crossplay

19. kuccu

kuccu Gamer

Yes please, double big +1

20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Triple big +1

21. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

I don't care :p, siriously their car have 4 wheels my car have 4 wheels, it's not as much of how will it affect the playerbase but is it even possible between consols and PC and I believe its not, If any crosplay there will be crossplay betwene consols themselves due certain limitations of consoles, I mean do you expect to fire up 105 cars grid on non pro PS4?o_O
    If it's possible tho I am welcome to race with them and help sim-racing comunity grow :)

Vision_Slayer_525 and martcerv like this.