1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano Casillo moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ecnelis, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

https://www.facebook.com/kunos22/posts/10216450098832725

@Lord Kunos thank you and good luck!

TXC_IJOJOI, QC., LeDude83 and 37 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Would you prefer AC2 or AC1 Rolling updates? Re. Stefano Casillo interview Oct 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Stefano casillo streaming ep. 7 Jul 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Question to stefano casillo about transmission damages Oct 19, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Introducing the Ferrari 250 GTO for Assetto Corsa - Live Stream by Stefano Sep 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room WowWowWow!!! what Stefano did to the AI?????? Feb 17, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues I want Stefano's music in game menu! :) Jan 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Thank You Luca And Stefano For Sound Update Dec 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Thank You Stefano for Coding VR Nov 11, 2016
    Console Lounge Stefanos Sunday Stream Oct 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Stefano's Live Stream Converts a Cynic Sep 1, 2016
    Console Lounge Stefano - Sunday Chit Chat, Talk, Answer and Play Guitar Aug 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Sunday Chit Chat, Talk, Answer and Play Guitar (Stefano's Live Stream) Aug 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Stefano Live Racing Aug 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Questions for upcoming Stefano live stream session Jun 4, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Stefano!!! wow your a great axe man !!! Apr 25, 2016

3. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Thank you Lord Kunos, it's been a journey!
    Good luck with your new endeavours! :)

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Thank you Lord Kunos - stay healthy, have fun with music / cats / family and thank you for the information.
    Thank you for AC and ACC and Kunos.
    Wish you the best!!!

5. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Thanks and cheers Stefano for defining the next generation of sim racing physics and raising the bar. Your work will benefit sim racers for years to come.

6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Good luck with your upcoming endeavours Stefano, you left quite some impression in sim racing! I can only thank you for the time and dedication you put into this!

sloty, Ace Pumpkin and sissydriver like this.
  7. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Thank you Stephano for these years spent developing these superb sims, I wish you the best for your future projects, take care of yourself and your family.
    @ soon.

sloty, Ace Pumpkin and sissydriver like this.
  8. First I thought it was a 1 April joke with one delay day....
    So, thank you so much about your hard work you and your team did in the SIM racing domain.
    IMHO, you gave access to lot of people at high level SIM racing product's at lower price.
    Good luck for your new life, maybe you'll have the opportunity time to time to fight on virtual track.

9. TTM

TTM Alien

Hmmm, i don’t know what to think about this. Stefano was important person to all Kunos racing titles and now he moved away. ...but this is a live and our personal happiness etc are more important. Thank you.

Nox likes this.
  10. RSR2KX

RSR2KX Racer

Mhh... interresting, good luck.

But what i would like to know is who is in charge now for the work/programming that Stefano did. I know that Aris and Fernando are the guys resposible for the physics.

I also find a bit weird and don´t like it at all that this gets communicated over FB. I mean an official statement with clarification where we go from here would be nice and would kill all the wild speculations that will come up in this crazy Internet world.

jm2c

cheers

11. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

"Enough time was given in order to make the transition as smooth and painless as possible, and thanks to the amazing talents in there I am sure the company will continue to be a shining light in the world of simracing because of the amazing talents in the team."

I'm sure that means that new programmers have been shown the ins and outs of the code so that work can continue as normal. He says "amazing talents" so it should be in good hands I believe.

david m likes this.
  12. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Stefano's involvement has been phased out gradually, he did a massive part of the original code for ACC but by this point his fields were broken up and taken on gradually by 5-6 different developers, either from the original team or relatively new guys like Fernando.
    It is very telling that it required a small team inside KS to take over his role. :)

13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Oh dear...
    I follow Stefano and Kunos since old Drivingitalia.it forum.
    Stefano, Marco and Kunos are my records and my personal spark that light on my simracing passion, I still remember that feel of "unbelievably" when Netkar Namie started for my the first time on my pc (after endless attempts :D ).
    I met him @Misano 2018 for the first ACC's public demonstration, and was very very fun to see him so happy and so enthusiastic about that new project that now is become a (another) milestone in our hobby.

This is so sad for me.
    Anyway i hope for all the best, really all the best for Stefano.

Ciao e buona fortuna.

Freddie Seng, M96 and Rennknirps like this.
  14. Nao

Nao Alien

Would have been "cool" change if not for the current circumstances.

Thank you for all the Assettos Stefano. Stay safe and good luck in future endeavours!

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

thanks panky, it was suspected that something was happening, stefano's distance from what was happening was striking. which is very gratifying - it obviously continues to work very well. so his legacy is well managed. trust kunos!

Whitestar likes this.
  16. chakko

chakko Alien

I sincerely hope that this is a late April's fool.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  17. Mixed feelings about this. I Wish they best to both Stefano and Kunos

18. cooknn

cooknn Alien

In my opinion Stefano walks away from Kunos after joining Geoff Crammond and David Kaemmer on the podium of racing simulation geniuses. Because of them we can experience the thrill of pushing the most amazing machines ever created to the edge of adhesion on the most beautiful and challenging circuits on the planet. Thank you, Stefano. Assetto Corsa Competizione is one for the ages. Eager to see what comes next!

silvanob2, Zappaman, Berno and 7 others like this.
  19. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Although I don’t know in person any of the Kunos guys I have a great admiration for their work and they all pass a sense of enthusiasm and professionalism about their projects like very few others do.
    As a team I’m positive that Kunos will continue to lead the way in development as they already do.
    For Stefano in particular, my biggest thank you for all that @Lord Kunos gave us and hats off for the amazing and admirable development achievements.

Nonetheless it’s always a bit of a mixed feelings, sad to see any member of the team to follow his own path solo, although happy, at the same time, that Stefano continues very enthusiastic about his work with the will to start (once again) a new project of his own.

Overall I wish all the best to @Lord Kunos new project, eagerly waiting for news about it and certain that Kunos success will continue, also very eager for v1.4, the new DLC’s and all the future developments that all the team will bring.

To both Stefano and Kunos, wishes of the very best and all the success, very confident that both will give amazing new content that will be surprising and amazing as ever.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Nothing to say but thank you very much for bringing such amazing simulations of motorsport in to the world, I’m sure your work is in good hands and will be greatly appreciated for many years to come.

My credit cards would also like to thank you for making me spend tens of thousands of dollars on sim racing gear to feel every bit of you amazing work :)

21. Booster

Booster Racer

if it's not april fools' day... whatever you do will be a success.
    good luck