1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

COMPETIZIONE CP Calendar

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by moneypizzle, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

For starters or in general, I recommend staying with a car. This is the only way to learn the tracks properly.

Don't make a different car like every streamer, you will go crazy :D;)

2. pons

pons Simracer

Oh yes, I stay with a car for quite a long time. Means I haven't 'really' driven all the cars in this sim :(. But thats also to not having that much time for sim-racing.
    So I can't invest in much training before a CP race on one evening. I have to split it over the days, so a calendar is very nice for me.

nlovato96 likes this.
  3. Yeah I'm the same. Like last night I had time for 2 x 20 minute public races. In the middle of one my one year old son woke up and needed feeding so I had to pull off to the side and rejoin later over a lap down. Not a big loss as I had one particular driver running into the back of me 5 times in that race at Silverstone. One time from 4 seconds back as we braked into that tight chicane. My first taste of annoying driving in ACC. Then the next one I thought I heard him but it was a false alarm, so again rejoined over a lap down.

You have to make compromises and I think committing to only one car isn't so bad. I've had like 10 minutes in all of them, then 3 races in the Porsche before trying the Ferrari and sticking with that so far. Luckily all cars are so well balanced. So at less than alien level it's more down to the driving than the car performance. Getting very comfortable with a car is far better than picking the fastest for a particular track.

4. Preckur

Preckur Rookie

Hey guys i still miss the CP Race Calender for a April. Which track will be raced on Sundays 2h endurance race? :)

5. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

we will see on sunday, what is the big deal about this calender guys relax

6. Maciej Malinowski

Also calendar goes in really simple manor: (we skip the random races cause I guess everyone know how they work :p)

Non-random races goes accordingly:
    1. 2019 season race
    2. IGTC season race
    3. next 2019 season race
    4. next IGTC season race

(it's bloody simple stop asking for it :p)
    at some point when 2019 season ends there is Zolder added because we can't miss that glorious track :D and the next one is of course new season yet again
    and at some point also IGTC season resumes because of course there are only 4 races in the season

*Spa is by the looks of things counted as 2019 season track
    *We saw wit last 2h race at Kyalami there was just another day on Kyalami because month always starts with non-random day, same this month

Now that I have written that everyone will start asking question why this way not the other :rolleyes:, sorry Kevin :p

7. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, most of us don't race CP races every day or even every week, so an easy-to-go-to CP race calendar would be nice for us who don't memorise the days for every track. It would seem logical that it would be included in 1.4.

David Danser, FatnSlo and AndyK70 like this.
  8. Maciej Malinowski

Ok maybe it's mine different way of looking at this but what I am saying is that if you are really into that stuff and want to be fully prepared you will find a way for example the track how I explained above
    but as far as I am concerned ACC puts a lot of attention on drivers adaptability and his ability to go out there and perform even on track he is not the master of, (on random days, well its obviously really random), on non-random day's there is a track given and that 1 day is well enough of what you need to know, It's not that the the driver driving for a team decides what track he will race, its not that they have super long practice, its not that he knows all the weather and conditions, he doesn't know the track conditions at all until he goes out there for the first time, Kunos wanted you to be a driver that can compete and be competitive with a lot of unknown factors, that is why we have all that variable weather but the one you can set to be very specific, the track that evolves and changes but you the one you don't really know how until you experience it on your own, its also the circuit choice that is given to you rather than picked by you to prevent people from doing just ****tone of practice and hotlaps that are just not applicable to race with other cars around you and much more other factors that make one Silverstone be completely different Silverstone in another race :D

clear and blue likes this.
  9. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

Well, as long as many people complain about the guys on CP servers, who apparently can't drive, I think a calendar to help those guys prepare to have a safer race for everyone would be really useful.
    If there is no more T1 carnage, everyone can drive without losing control in tight situations and is on pro level on every track, than we can talk about putting more focus on forced adaptability in races. Until then, help us noobs out to prepare for the races we feel comfortable to drive.

David Danser likes this.
  10. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

I tried to make my calendar for the month of April (I don't guarantee its 100% reliability). If you see any errors, don't hesitate to let me know.

[​IMG]

11. xPippo

xPippo Gamer

what does Bathurst endurance means? do we have to swap drivers? :p

12. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

No, 2h endurance race at 19:00, it's written when the black part at the top of the picture ;)

13. Frankenstoner

Frankenstoner Rookie

Nice one there ^^
    and seems legit.. got exactly the same when trying it myself :)
    Thanks for the visualization :D

14. Cocoa

Cocoa Rookie

Can anyone confirm this?
    16:00 = 45min race
    18:00 = 60min race
    20:00 = 60min race
    22:00 = 45min race
    00:00 = ???

David Danser likes this.
  15. Tkeg

Tkeg Gamer

Is there any reason the 2 hour endurance race is at 5pm GMT? For me it's not ideal and looking at Steamdb charts ACC has the most players online around 7:30pm-8:00pm GMT.

16. Maciej Malinowski

Today’s 2hr was another great one for me :D,double stint the tyres baby :p
    Not that many people finishing tho, only half, that’s not good too see :(

17. Daffers

Daffers Rookie

Thought it was mandatory to switch tyres... interesting

18. Maciej Malinowski

It’s all in the MFD,
    Go to Aris.Drives YT there are some nice instruction videos ;)

David Danser likes this.
  19. You know, this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm finding the single player really good for improving. I've never liked racing AI and for years have only raced multiplayer. But I've tried recently and it actually feels like good online races a lot of the time. The AI are not mindless robots, they are actually fun to race and when you get past one it is satisfying.

After watching some of Aris' videos on Youtube, I tried doing a race weekend with 1 hour practice, 15 minute qualifying and 2 hour race. Using the practice to also develop the car, coming into the pits after each half dozen laps or so. Not just clicking Return To Garage so that I learn pit entry. I don't have much time to race so the fact you can save and resume the next day is great.

My first one is at Barcelona as I love the circuit (that's me in my avatar on the sharp downhill left). I'm actually only halfway through the 2 hour race now having done the first hour of the race, 15 minutes qual and an hour of practice. But so far:
    1. My times there have gone from inconsistent 1:52+ down to consistent 1:48.
    2. My confidence overtaking has improved a lot and I've started to discover good places to pass.
    3. I've started to get a feel for the small setup changes I've been making, cause and effect etc. I'm also saving these settings.
    4. The immersion is great compared to quick online lobbies or skipping practice on single player.
    5. My driver ratings are gradually climbing.
    After Barcelona I'm going to do the single player championship. This will give me good pace, good overtaking opportunities and good setups at all circuits. Then I'll do the ICGT circuits too. After this I'll be good to go whichever circuit runs.Whether that's public lobby, club race or CP server.

Like I said, unpopular opinion but it's not as much work as I thought it would be. It's actually really fun.

20. David Danser

David Danser Racer

I dont know tracks well yet and am still learning, so I want to know the race for tomorrow so I can practice today.
    I have limited time with 2 kids.

IronRec likes this.