1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Setup Tyre Pressure Adjuster

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Aug 18, 2019.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What is it?
    This simple tool allows you to adjust all tyre pressures in a setup by a positive or negative increment (outside of the game). This can be handy if you want to adjust all pressures (starting pressures and in each of your pitstop strategies) up or down to suit different air temperature conditions, e.g. a setup for 15°, a setup for 20° etc. The tool then automatically generates setups for a range of temperatures.

For example, you might have a setup that you've developed at an air temperature of 20°. If you want to use that same setup at 10°, you'd have to adjust all of your tyre pressures to make them higher, to achieve the same hot pressures. This tool can save you time by automatically generating setups, based on your 20° setup, for 10°, 15°, 25° and 30° for example. Then when you start a session at 30°, you can just load that setup with pressures already adjusted.

Installation
    Go to https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-setup-tyre-pressure-adjuster.28302/, download, unzip and run the included ACCSetupTool.msi.

How do I use it?
    1. Browse for a base setup file.
    2. Enter the temperature that the setup was made at, e.g. 20°.
    3. Dial in a PSI adjustment, which will be applied to each tyre pressure in the loaded setup. E.g. you might have determined that 5° colder needs an extra 0.4 PSI. So enter 0.4.
    4. Dial in a Temperature step, which is how many degrees of air temp your PSI adjustment is for, e.g. 5°.
    5. Enter No. setups, which is how many increments of Temp step (+ and -) to create setups for. E.g. if you enter 2, you will get 2 setups colder than 20° (10° and 15°), and 2 setups hotter (25° and 30°).
    6. Click Adjust PSI to create a set of setups in the same folder as your base setup.

Screen shot
    ACC Setup Tool.png

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Richiiii, DiegoSR, Unf and 7 others like this.

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for sharing your tool. :D

Before I think about installing this, is there any chance you can please provide a screen shot of this app? To be honest I am a little confused... :confused: How does this differ from what can be achieved inside ACC?

Florian Boswell likes this.
  3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

This lets you make a setup at 20° say, which includes a few different pitstop strategies which have different tyre pressures for anticipated temperatures, and then create variants of that setup that you could load once you know the temperature at the start of a race session. E.g. it might be only 15° when the race starts. Or it might be 25°. If you want to create enough setups inside ACC to cope with a few different temperatures, that's a lot of fiddling around with sliders. Then if you decide to change something else in your setup, e.g. cambers or rollbars, you have to make that change in all of your setups.
    This tool is just a quicker way to make a few different setups that vary only by tyre pressure.

Coanda and chksix like this.
  4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I updated the program at RD - it now automatically generates a number of setups with adjusted PSIs for a range of temperatures, e.g. 10°, 15°, 20°, 25° and 30°.

5. ijac

ijac Gamer

Just found your tool and used it for a race weekend. Very helpful! Thanks for making it and sharing :)

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I'm glad you found it useful.

7. goon

goon Gamer

This is a great little app, thank you! Is there a 'rule of thumb' for how much the PSI should be incremented per degree of temperature?

8. goon likes this.
  9. goon

goon Gamer

After_Midnight likes this.
  10. Rip

Rip Gamer

Love this tool! I do have a question though, I can see exactly why the PSI Adjustment field is in increaments of 0.1 and the Temp Step field is whole numbers as this is what the game uses but is there any way to get this tool to apply the following rule: 1.0°C Change in Abient Temp = 0.1PSI adjustment (as thats the rule I keep seeing written everywhere). And also spit out setups with 1°C differences? So for example (please ignore the actual values as i've just made them up):

20°C ambient temp = 26.0psi
    21°C ambient temp = 25.9psi
    22°C ambient temp = 25.8psi
    23°C ambient temp = 25.7psi
    24°C ambient temp = 25.6psi

And so on.

The closest I can apply the above rule with this tool is something like this:

20°C ambient temp = 26.0psi
    22°C ambient temp = 25.8psi
    24°C ambient temp = 25.7psi
    26°C ambient temp = 25.6psi
    28°C ambient temp = 25.5psi

If you see what I mean?

11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Can't you just set Temp Step to 1?

12. Rip

Rip Gamer

Apologies I made a typo in initial post, the rule I was trying to implement was: 2.0°C Change in Abient Temp = 0.1PSI So the results I'd get either side of a 20°C base would be:

16°C
    18°C
    20°C
    22°C
    24°C

And so on. What I'll do is do two separate base setups, one at 20°C and one at 19°C and then run them through your tool so I end up with something like:

15°C
    16°C
    17°C
    18°C
    19°C
    20°C
    21°C
    22°C
    23°C
    24°C
    25°C

Etc etc