1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Graphics and Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by MonzterPixel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This is very interesting! @pankykapus can you interpret those findings?

2. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Oh sweet jesus why...

Switching to DX12 will just disable all the graphical components and functions that aren't directly compatible with it. For DX12 to make sense all shaders and assets should require specific optimization in the pre-build, what you're doing is just disabling a select and arbitrary number of incompatible graphical components and effects which bring you a boost due to their, well, lack of presence.

It's as scientific as closing your eyes and assuming the world has disappeared.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    aotto1977, D1visor, Dookie and 17 others like this.
  3. pankykapus

Misleading posts deleted.

kro likes this.
  4. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

Your game is not optimised for dx11.
    Just look at my screenshots.

Dx11 119fps
    Dx12 163fps

Dx11 99fps
    Dx12 138fps

Dx11 90fps
    Dx12 125fps

With 30 AI !

The dx12 should be a priority and is the definitive solution for the performance issues.

5. pankykapus

Read my message again. If you still insist your theory makes sense after that, please read it again.

6. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

I've read and I doubt it's the lack of assests which make the GPU usage maxed with 30 AI. Easy to say that to no point the fault on the game code and the poor dx11 render performance.
    I've only seen the lack of dashboard....anyway if no dx12 official support, i'm ok. I have this solution and the cam I use doesn't show the dashboard...it seems that there are many 'assests' useless.

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ignore list again. ridiculous....

LATE4APEX and Stains like this.
  8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I launched it in dx7 mode and got a major speed boost

Dookie, Dewald Nel, Gevatter and 8 others like this.
  9. pankykapus

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Sorry to bother you. It was quite obvious that stuff is simply being disabled. But I thought that this would reduce GPU load but instead it seems to remove some sort of bottleneck, letting the GPU load higher.
    So whatever was removed seems to hit the CPU or RAM or whatever harder than the GPU. No?

11. Stains

Stains Simracer

Guys , you are dealing with kolysion ! Only the greatest troll to ever come to sim racing ! Forget it and block its posts ! simple as that ;)

Radfahrer, LATE4APEX and sissydriver like this.
  12. Stains

Stains Simracer

Remove assetts you will gain performance ! Just those things are more CPU dependent . Its not that hard to understand really .

13. Stains

Stains Simracer

I just tried that DX12 "hack" and i'm calling it a hack because it hacks together some performance sure but it really kills any quality that ACC has ! Trees, crowd, liveries and world textures and PS2 or maybe even PS1 level of quality . Sure it let me max out my GPU where in DX11 i'm CPU limited but the image quality just isn't worth it ! If it was just my dash not working id probably live with that but its much much more than just that ! Forget it , its not even an option imo !
    I do hope Kunos can find something to help performance though as it is incredibly tough to run especially for triples , less pixels in my 1080p triples than my 4k monitor but definitely harder to run :(

14. RWa

RWa Simracer

I think already many times it is pointed out DirectX12 is not relevant and does not work properly. See multiple remarks PankyKapus of the Dev Team.

Radfahrer and anthony galmiche like this.
  15. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

How do I find out CPU + GPU utilisation in-game?

16. kuccu

kuccu Gamer

Best would be use msi Afterburner. With that you can display lot of stuff on screen. Temps, utilisations cpu, gpu mem etc

C3PO likes this.
  17. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

I have no issue. And the dash works. I 've tested with many 12h races. No issue at all. Maybe it works only with top pc like mine i9 and 2080ti and Epic cause it pushes very hard the hardware. The perf are unleashed and the image quality is exactly the same.
    No issue at all.
    I suggest this for i9 9900k 2080ti owners with monitor who play at Epic. For others it seems bugged....probably cause it's not epic and the hardware is not enough good.
    It's like the shadows popping...they are not popping with Epic quality...
    Lucky me.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....280/D0308760107149D0591699E14D459B10C724D7F5/
    50 AI 1440p epic 109 fps 88% gpu usage!!! Crazy.
    I will never go back to dx11 with my top PC...i have no issue...only the perf are unleashed.

One day you will have a new PC and you will test again.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  18. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Maybe ACC can be adapted for Vulkan. In benchmarks I've seen in a couple of games (like Ghost Recon Breakpoint) it performs usefully better than DX11. But to be honest, for me in Ghost Recon it does give better FPS (10 or more), but it also crashes too often. Especially AMD-card owners could use a bit of performance improvement in ACC.

19. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@Sofa Vulkan ist a better newer version of OpenGL so to say but ACC is based on DirectX. No way it could be adapted to Vulkan that easy.
    Better would be to bring it to DX12 to get better performance.

20. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Ok, I was just saying it because Ghost Recon Breakpoint uses DX11 but now also has a Vulkan edition, which performs better (but is bugged by freezes). Also I think I read somewhere that DX12 was considered but didn't the bring advantages they hoped it would, but I might have misunderstood that. ;-)