1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Real Head Motion for ACC is here!

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Apr 8, 2020.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

With the kind permission of @magicfr I have ported his Real Head Motion for AC to ACC.

HELL YES.

You can read about the original AC app here. The main benefit this app brings to ACC is a more realistic Lock To Horizon, which smooths the world movement without making you look so far up and down in the cockpit when going uphill and downhill. Like the original app, it also allows you to bind a key to look up and down, to check mirrors and dash.

How to install the app
    Download HERE and unzip all of the files into a folder on your PC. Then run RealHeadMotionAssettoCorsaCompetizione.exe every time you fire up ACC.

You do not NOT need TrackIR hardware to run this.

One time ACC setup
    1. Edit ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\cameraSettings.json and set "enableTrackIR": 1
    2. In your view settings on-track, set Lock To Horizon and Look With Wheel to 0.

My preferred settings
    The settings are purely personal preference, but this is what I use to get what feels like a natural view movement to me:
    • Pitch Filter = 85, to make the view mostly locked to the horizon, but with a little bit of world movement.
    • Roll Filter = 15, so that impacts from high kerbs still jolt the view.
    • Accel G's Roll = 3 (with some smoothing) because I like the view to roll just a little bit while I'm cornering.
    • Accel G's Pitch = 7 (with some smoothing) because I like the view to pitch a bit while I'm braking and accelerating.
    Annotation 2020-04-10 125634.png

What the settings do
    If you're unfamiliar with RHM, here are magicfr's original descriptions of what each setting does (click the spoiler button).
    Pitch/Roll filter : the amount of vibration/bump filtering, the more to the right, the more the head/eyes will remain stable
    Pitch/Roll Min Angle : the angle when the head start to catchup the car orientation, before that it stay lock to world horizon.

Pitch/Roll checkbox : when checked , RHM will use the track Pitch/Roll instead of using the car Pitch/Roll. This information comes from the car tyre contact information.

Steering Look Ahead LR Slider: parameter to have a look left/right when turning wheel left/right the bigger, the more angle it will look left/right.

Steering Look Ahead LR Min Max : range of wheel steering ( 0 to 1 ) to start/stop the Steering Yaw. Example, min 0.25, max 0.75, it will start turn head when steering >025 and it will reach maximum head yaw, when steering reach 0.75

Steering Look Ahead Roll : same but for roll ( lean left right ) when turning steering wheel

Steer Smoothing : Filtering value for Steering input , to smooth the look ahead motion.

Velocity Look LR Slider: parameter to have a look left/right depending on car angular velocity. The angular velocity is the speed of rotation of the car. Note that when sliding sideways , this value is low, because the car is actually not rotating. So for example: for drift purpose, you have to use this parameter and also Steer Look ahead LR to obtain wanted drift behavior ( look on left when sliding left )

Slip Angle Look LR Slider: parameter to have a look left/right depending on angle between car direction and car linear velocity.

Velocity Smoothing Slider: Filtering value for Angular velocity and Slip Angle to smooth.

Accel G Roll Slider: parameter to have a roll left/right depending car G lateral accel. It's NOT G effect on head, it's the motion that driver do to counter G Effect, so when turning right, the head will roll to right

G Accel Smoothing Slider: Filtering value for G lateral accel to smooth.

Please note that Steer Look ahead LR is cumulating with Velocity Look LR: So if you set both to 90° you can have a 180° rotation. Same with Steer Look Roll and Accel G's roll.

*** Edit Box for Min Max values *** Value must be validate with ENTER, background will turn red if value is not validated, if value is not validated it will not be saved to XML file.

Binding Action :

Big button : click to bind a button,key or axis.
    Small button : Unbind action.
    Smoothing slider : To smooth the input
    Dead zone slider: Add a deadzone to input
    Val : current real time value ( take account of smoothing and deadzone )

Angle Settings
    Look Left Right Angle : Amount of angle when looking left right
    Look Shoulder Angle : Amount of angle when looking above shoulder left right
    Look Up Down Angle : Amount of angle when looking up and down
    Pitch Offset : Static pitch offset.

Look over shoulder "simulation"

If you don't bind the look over shoulder button, you can still simulate it, for that you have to press Look Left then Look Right while still holding Look Left, it will do a Look over Left shoulder.
    If you press first Look Right, it will do a Look over right shoulder

I have added an option "Run ACC When RHM Starts". When ticked, RHM will automatically run ACC when RHM starts (you have to restart RHM for this to take effect).

FAQ
    Does it work in VR?
    No.

Do I need TrackIR hardware to run the app?
    No.

It only works in dashcam view and not cockpit view
    Try setting both Lock To Horizon and Look With Wheel to zero.

Why isn't the app saving my settings?
    Make sure you have write permission to the folder where you installed the app and to the RealHeadMotionSettings.xml file. Depending on your Windows settings, you might have to run RHMACC in administrator mode.

Do I have to run RHM and ACC in any particular order?
    No.

How is this different to helmet cam?
    RHM can give a similar look, but the view is customisable to your liking and produces less exaggerated and more lifelike head movement.

Updates
    1.07, Jun 14, 2021 - fixed look behind binding calibration issue, disrupting vertical G movements.
    1.06, Nov 9, 2020 - fixed sluggish response after Windows 10 v2004 update.
    1.04, May 24, 2020 - added "Run ACC When RHM Starts".
    1.03, Apr 24 2020 - reduced CPU utilisation.
    1.02, Apr 10 2020 - added Accel G's Pitch, which controls how much the view pitch changes under braking and acceleration.
    1.01, Apr 10 2020 - fixed Look Behind.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Really don't get the way GPU/GFX works in this game even with 50% overhead Jun 18, 2021
    General modding discussion Real Head Motion Latest download? Dec 15, 2020
    ACC Gameplay v1.1 Inaccurate real time time gap to the car ahead/behind Oct 24, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset Dec 8, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Support for the Windows Mixed reality headsets? Sep 8, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Head movement unrealistic in VR Mar 1, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes RealHeadMotion : TrackIR + LookBehind/Left/Right (humble request for devs) Nov 28, 2016
    Screens & Videos Real Head Motion Demonstration / 488 GT3 @ Nords Aug 4, 2016
    General modding discussion Real Head Motion with Oculus CV1 help needed Jun 16, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Real Head Motion 0.9.5 ( Deprecated with FreePie) May 28, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Realtime app gaps to cars ahead aren't working properly Oct 10, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Real head motion Aug 13, 2015
    General modding discussion Any realistic head camera mods? Apr 12, 2015
    Suggestions Kunos. finally , limit the unrealistic vertical head moving in "lock to horizon" cockpit view Nov 5, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Real headlights Sep 2, 2014

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

ausie ausie ausie oi oi oi...

legend Wal :cool:

sherpa25 and WallyM like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@pankykapus - Any chance this neat tool can be stickied in the Gameplay or Tracks & Cars forum..?

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Because Kunos do not want to fix the issue carried over from AC where you can not map glance/look to the left hand analog thumb stick of a Fanatec wheel this software allows you to do so.. Thank you again Wal because as it stands it makes no sense to map this to the right hand funky switch which should be used for the MFD.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...natec-lh-analog-joystick-not-supported.62701/

Wal just one small thing to note.. The the Look Bindings UI does not have a close "X" option in the top right hand corner however if you hit look options again from the main UI screen it closes. Not big deal though..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yeah, I noticed that. If I have time/could be bothered, I might see if I can fix that.

7. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

Sorry but may I ask if any track ir hardware is required to use this tool? Newbie question i know...

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

No, TrackIR hardware is NOT required.

Jakkison and AndyK70 like this.
  9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Nice, thanks! I'm probably stupid, but how do you close the 'Look options' window? There's no X to close the window, you have to close the entire program.

10. magicfr

magicfr Sébastien Tixier

I approve this message :D
    ( sorry to busy too continue working on RHMAC or RHMACC )

Well done WallyM

bk81, Fremen_78, sherpa25 and 6 others like this.
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Oblit0r likes this.
  12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

@Oblit0r @Coanda Hey guys, I added a close button to the look options - you'll need to download the zip from the 1st post again.

Coanda and Oblit0r like this.
  13. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Absolute Legend!

bk81, WallyM and Coanda like this.
  14. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Could anyone provide some kind of video with what this effectivly does? :)

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

16. Stains

Stains Simracer

Awesome !
    Now , is there anyway to get this to work in AMS 2 ?

sherpa25 likes this.
  17. Doesn't work...Did everything as mentioned, but nothing happens ingame :(

18. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Have you checked that TrackIR is enabled and lock to horizon is 0, as in the first post? I presume also that you're using cockpit or dashcam view. Moving the pitch slider should change the relative amounts that the car moves versus the world.

19. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

Well done m8. Seems something similar to helmet cam. Will try asap

20. Yes, enabled TrackIR int he json file und set LTH to "0" ingame. "Look options" don't work either - i can set my fanatec in your program but ingame nothing happens.

21. Yes, enabled TrackIR int he json file und set LTH to "0" ingame. "Look options" don't work either - i can set my fanatec in your program but ingame nothing happens.

ralekseenkov likes this.