1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Bentley Continental GT3 - 2nd gen, 2018

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 8, 2019.

1. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yea i assumed over 800HP because they want to keep lap times around 3:30. I know that they have decided 750HP but i don't think it's final.
    Still 750HP is good power but downgraded from nearly 1000HP of LMP1 which this hypercars are going to replace.
    GTE class have slightly less power than GT3 in general but maybe sometimes due to BoP GTE may have more power on certain tracks.

2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Hypercar is going to be somewhat slower than LMP1-h but possibly not by as much as one might think, considering the freedom in terms of aerodynamics the class appears to gain (just look at the Aston Valkyrie). Also, LMP1-h don't have those 1000hp over a whole lap either (~500hp from the engine + ~500hp from the electric motors with strict energy deployment limit and typically not deploying above a certain speed), so 750hp all the time is already a plus for hypercar. And the 3:30 laptime is only a guideline, the cars could turn out quicker (before any BoP and reshuffling with LMP2 is applied, that is).

As for GTE vs GT3, yeah, BoP between the classes and series is completely unrelated so typically GTE might be quicker at a circuit, sometimes GT3. Fairly unrestricted GT3 in the GT Open series have been posting quicker times than WEC GTE on certain circuits in the past.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  3. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

You guys know a lot, please keep the conversation going, I'm actually learning something.

Are GTE and GT3 the same cars? or is it GTE just a variant of GT3 or viceversa?

4. Not entirely sure but GTE = GT Endurance and allows for more modifications to the road car for competition, see 911 RSR which is now a mid engine car vs the 911 GT3-R which is the same layout as the road car RR (rear engine/rear drive). GTE generally has way more aero performance, TC is allowed but no ABS, and I think more tire compound selection (ie stickier rubber, not 100% sure).

GT3 is more closely linked to road car counterparts, there is no drive train/engine re positioning, ABS is allowed as well as TC, lower aero performance, heavily BOP'ed.

I think both racing disciplines are governed by different racing associations, since I dont remember GTE and GT3 ever racing together.

romandevision, SimGuy_1 and eRacer212 like this.
  5. nimp

nimp Racer

IMSA runs both GTE and GT3 cars as GTLM and GTD classes with their own BoP.
    Iirc they had issues with GTD cars being too fast on the straights and too good on the brakes (due to ABS), so the GTLM teams complained about the GTD cars creating issues for the lapping GTLM cars and the GTD cars got BoPed more heavily.

6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

LOL imagine being overtaken by lower class cars.
    My philosophy in racing is that higher class car such as GTE should ALWAYS have MIN 70HP more than GT3 cars no matter the track or car.Also it should be either ABS or TC having both assist only makes driving easier.IMO getting rid of TC will be more challenging as the cars will slide little bit more hence more entertaining to watch and separates skill gap between drivers even more.getting rid of ABS will cause more timr loss though compared to NO TC situation.

eRacer212 likes this.
  7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

By saying "re positioning" if you mean manufacturer cannot change FR car to MR or RR car then you are right BUT i think they can change the position of engine in give layout but not put engine in say for ex middle if road car has it in front.
    They can adjust the location of engine and transmission in give layout for better weight distribution etc.
    P.S : Also i don't think they can change engine direction i.e if it is longitudinal in road car then it stays same in GT3 car.
    All above information is correct GTE cars have way better aero,allow more modifications,costly and are generally quick than GT3.

eRacer212 likes this.
  8. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

brilliant discussion, I'm learning a lot.
    Coming back to the subject of the thread, what is the maximum speed the bentley can achieve at P Ricard straight?

9. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

He uses default aggressive setup, so higher topspeed possible

So I got 289km/h just before hit the wall
    Hotlap mode
    7.oo morning
    Ambience temp: 10°
    Clear weather
    Wind: I don't look at
    Optimum grip
    Max. Tire pressure
    Zero camber, Toe
    Min. Ride height
    Zero brake ducts
    Dampers as they are
    Ignoring any track limit

Under some circumstances, maybe not the useablest setup ()?
    With better exit to straight 290 should be going

Need a brake after raping my car and track

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    romandevision and eRacer212 like this.
  10. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

bentley is atm totally underpowered...dont know why all drive around me...i can set at 34° tracktemp and 55l -> 2.18.9xx and i did all i could do tried all, i got 261km/h topspeed, i got so much grip in corners and the time tells me every time the same...all other cars are so much faster. as u can see no one drive that car in mp...why? correct the other ones are faster bop is atm strange...i fight with blunt weapons. i´m mad ...sry

11. Rolz

Rolz Alien

really depends on the track...
    Say around Bathurst it's arguably one of the fastest cars around the top of the mountain, but not so quick down the straights... but certainly not one of the slowest either...

12. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

yeah that can be...i speaked to a racedriver...he says to me that the bentley got great power on the straight but got less cornerspeed...i dont feel power on the straight, all drive away on the straight...dont know what they do with bentley...i drove before porsche, the old and the new...was insane, i got a chance by setup to fight against other, but now...i´m only on the track, thats all

13. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

I
    I drive the Bentley quite a lot. Thing is every car has its strengths and weaknesses. So saying the car is slow is saying nothing. At what track? Go to Silverstone, Spa or Suzuka race there and tell me the Bentley is not competitive. I can go through EauRouge flat out, Stavelot flat out, Blanchimont flat out. Now try that in an Audi.

Bentley has a long wheel base so the car is super stable in high speed corners. Being front-mid engine it doesn't have the mid corner understeer of other front engined cars and having gearbox at the back it's traction is better than the usual front engined car. Having said all this, the twisty tracks don't suit this car. The hairpin on Suzuka is kryptonite for the Bent. So yeah, it's a different car. I came from P24 to P4 in a 90min league race at Suzuka, so the car is fine.

PS. If someone's super good on breaks it's either:
    A. he's an alien, don't worry about him, you'll never be that fast
    B. he's using brake pads 1 (another secret knowledge that's not in the game; even the aggressive setup uses pad 2 which is inferior)

14. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Aris commented once on his videos about brake pads but I don´t remember the proper set and differences among them.

15. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

There's a post on the ACC Blog about ABS and pads implementation. Long story short: dry conditions, races up to 3h = brake pads 1 (better initial bite but a bit more temp too). I'm using pads 1 on almost all occasions. Brake distances are shorter compared to pads 2. Usually you can brake a car length later which can make the difference when u wanna overtake in the braking zone.

Tundra likes this.
  16. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Appreciated your input, I will test them this evening. Thanks!

slatanek likes this.
  17. exited22

exited22 Racer

Do Pad1 lasts for one hour or 90mins races? I tried one time to race a 30min race with Pad4 as in the blog it is written that they last 'up to one hour'. But they were shredded after 20min and I had no braking anymore until the last 5mm of my brake pedal travel...
    Thats why I'm using Pad4 only for qualy now and for the races (60min or longer) all the time Pad2.

Cheers!

18. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Brake pad 1 = Brake pad 4 in term of performance so you shouldn't ever use pad 4. It's only there for testing and drive with worn brakes because as you said they don't last long.

slatanek likes this.
  19. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

@exited22 THIS. pad4 only testing worn brakes behavior. pad 1 easily lasts 90min (although if track temp is high you can get tyre blistering from excessive heat)

20. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

bentely got V8 biturbo...and acceleration out of the corner is soooo bad...EVERY other car drove away...can u overtake in the corner...oh wait not rly...because all think, hey it is a bentley and it can nothing...so i hang all time behind the cars in the corners...but if accelerate, i can´t come to overtake...topspeed is anyway...but acceleration is the thing...i cant believe it.
    which league u drive? do u know why no "alien" drive the bentley? yes they must fight to much and cant win.
    i build my setups with motec and i know a lot...or should i say the only one thing that i dont have is the CoP...
    something is missing in bentley.

ah before i forgot it...i drove audi evo...i can go flat eau rouge and blanchimont and i wasn´t slow.