1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Crossplay?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Lars Schneider, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I would be for cross play if it helps us to get a CP server. Of course the SA limits would be a factor to keep the gamers and the sim racers separate (same goes for just PC currently anyway). Of course there are also committed sim racers on console who would appreciate being able to race against the PC players.

kamkie and martcerv like this.
  2. Yeah, I think it's only snobbery being against it. Judging people based on the hardward they use. My stepson tells me the latest Xbox will be far more powerful than my PC anyway.

I think the main thing will be the technical difficulty of implementing it. Like it can only be a good thing for multiplayer but it's not worth dedicating huge amounts of development time into. Nice to have, not essential.

3. Turk

Turk Alien

Ya, they tell them that every time a new console comes out.

I think it would be good to have crossplay, if it's possible. There are plenty of console users with fanatec setups, and there's no reason why they couldn't be just as good as a PC racer. All you need for ACC is a basic wheel setup and pedals. If esport is to be a thing then you need to have as big a user base as possible. Adding console users makes ACC more mainstream. ACC already has a system for ranking and rating, maybe it would need some extra work but it should be possible to filter everybody to keep everybody happy.

I don't know if any of this is even possible though. I'm sure the console systems come with some overheads and costs that would need to be addressed to make it work. But if it can be done I'd be happy to see it happen.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  4. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

As long as I can’t tell a driver I’m overtaking is using a gamepad, I’m all for crossplay and being inclusive. However, I’ve played against drivers in other sims before where their steering is so erratic and notchy that overtaking them is downright dangerous, as it’s impossible to predict if they’re going to move across your line or not. But again, if the filtering logic is good enough (or they’re using a wheel) then I’d welcome console users.

Pandora likes this.
  5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

when i remember correctly, aris mentioned in one of his last videos that crossplay is not possible. can anyone confirm this?
    i am not 100% sure, but he said something like:"no, never, not possible - too much difference in hardware"

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Thank god :)

Winston and sissydriver like this.
  7. Rhylthusming

Rhylthusming Gamer

I may be wrong but seeing roadmap and how DLC will be relased i'm not confident that crossplay will happen (sadly).

sissydriver likes this.
  8. R-V0L

R-V0L Rookie

How on earth guys is it a bad thing?
    Really, what's the problem?
    As long as there is an option to choose whether we want or not to play with console players it's an amazing thing.
    And even if there won't be such option we have SA filters. Why would you care for hardware someone uses? As long as they are safe - and SA quite nicely reflects how safe of a driver you are - it doesn't matter what you drive on.
    I'm sure that many of super low SA drivers will be ACC console gamepad users but as i said above. It's not a problem.
    More players means more cash for Kunos means more content and more game development. It's awesome.

Epistolarius and martcerv like this.
  9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

found it - brands hatch practice for rlme e1 qualifiying

1:36:20 question bout crossplatform

AdamYanek, clear and blue and Oblit0r like this.
  10. That answers that then

11. R-V0L

R-V0L Rookie

Not exactly. All that says is that there are going to be stricter limits with consoles.
    But that can be overcome. For example console players might be able to join lobbies that don't exceed certain number of players.
    Framerate isn't really an issue IMO, already many of us play at different framerates, often unstable (xd), and somehow it all works.
    What matters is a rate of physics calculation and most importantly rate of updates of network info and i seriously doubt it's going to be any different.
    Of course there are some issues to be overcome but, considering the fact that current gen consoles are built on the same architecture as PCs, Xbox is even using pretty Windows core, it should be possible with enough of persistence from dev team.
    From what i heard from my programmer friend who works in Cyberpunk 2077 team, the bigger issue is PS4, doing crossplay with Xbox is a piece of cake.

12. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

As someone who has done a ton of online racing both in Gran Turismo and PC based sims I think the people that believe the competition on open servers will somehow get worse are highly misguided.

I've seen numerous asshats playing Gran Turismo, I've also been involved with many clean races there. I've had people rage quit over being told to not use race cars when we are racing street cars. Plenty of people who take the "Gran Turismo line" or "Forza Line" and use other cars to make the turn. I've also encountered at least one asshat in EVERY online race on ACC I've ever done. Just the other night some putz divebombed me on the hairpin on Misano, spinning us both, only to catch back up to me and use me as a brake going into the same turn 2 laps later. But both were "my fault" (wish I saved the replay). In most any public room at least 1 person gets blasted from behind going into turn 1.

My point is the only difference between "us" and "them" is what system everyone is playing on. Theres a lot and a lack of talent on both sides of thew fence.

13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Crossplay would be good for sales...

14. Crossplay with active SA + RC ranks on server, no problem.

15. AudiSport

AudiSport Racer

Multiple +1 I want to play with my PS4 friends:)

16. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

stricter limits probably also includes the rigid patching approval process on both consoles, which may cause periods where consoles and PCs are not on the same version

17. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Racer

ACC is not really for you if you have a game pad, it's a simulator after all. If you are serious sim racer, you dont' use a console. Don't waste time bringing users that play Forza, etc... multiplayer races are already hard enough, we don't need 12 year olds ruining them...

Winston likes this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The same people can use the pc version and you can use a gamepad, mouse or keyboard on PC. There is also no min age setting for pc users. I avoid low restriction open servers like the plague because the racing in the is horrible yet many here class the general pc sim user as some elite force. :rolleyes:

I dont see how people consider PC users so much better then potential console users. Some with lower end PC setups would possibly consider a console over a pc hardware update as it will be a cheaper option for better perfomance if not wanting to spend too much money an if they can use the same games or are mostly playing ACC for example.

Every sim on pc you can use a gamepad I am fairly sure. ;)

19. kuccu

kuccu Gamer

There are insane fast ppl with pads. Cant judge by what equipment someone uses. Comes down to practice.

20. I have friends faster than me that play with a controller, simulator or not it only depends on the driver