1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS ACC Shared Memory Documentation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Fernando Barbarossa, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Rollo Tomaso

Rollo Tomaso Rookie

Well, i'm not really interested in the time of day, but in the exact number of milliseconds elapsed in simulated world between the packets i read.

2. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

What are you trying to do exactly? Maybe wise to open a separate thread for us to discuss this I think.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  3. Rollo Tomaso

Rollo Tomaso Rookie

@f.e.negroni: It's not wise to think, that if you don't need or understand something, nobody does.

4. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I suggest we open a thread for you to explain what you are trying to do and why you need to know the exact number of milliseconds elapsed between packets.

5. Rollo Tomaso

Rollo Tomaso Rookie

@f.e.negroni: Are you suspecting i'm going to do something illegal with those milliseconds ? ))
    Logic of my application demands knowing how long time ago certain events happened - like last gear change and things like that.
    And i think i'm not the only one, who needs that, so there's no need for separate thread.

Most of all i like EA F1 series developers approach - they've just provided all the information available, including session time and full setup data ))
    I think that's just professional courtesy of game developers to app developers.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  6. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

He is just trying to help you. Your tone appears weird.

7. Rollo Tomaso

Rollo Tomaso Rookie

If my tone appears other than a little bit annoyed, then that's because English is not my native language and in that case i'm sorry.
    It's just that his first comment looked to me more like 'don't pollute the thread with your nonesense' kind of comment, rather than 'how can we help you', or
    'interesting, what kind of app are you developing'. But then again, seems like English is not the first language for f.e. negroni too. ))

8. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

No problem. I'm sure he suggested to start a new thread so we can learn more about your needs and discuss it in more detail.

f.e.negroni likes this.
  9. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I don’t work in customer support but I’ll rephrase my reply:

Sounds like what you need is not directly available in the shares memory file but maybe we can help you out. Could you maybe open a separate thread on this topic where you describe what your app is doing and we can better help you?

AndyK70 and Ensi Ferrum like this.
  10. Rollo Tomaso

Rollo Tomaso Rookie

Thanks, guys, but i honestly don't think my app needs a separate thread yet.
    I think the exact ingame time is needed by anyone, who wants to do any calculations on telemetry data or to make a custom telemetry export.
    I, myself, can suggest two workarounds for ACC.
    Besides the obvious - to use system time, which gives not very precise result due to game stutter and such, there's anoter one.
    It appears, that ACC phisycs engine works at fixed rate and one packet takes 3 ms. So, the time between two packet is delta packets * 3ms.
    But this is a kind of undocumented feature and it would be better to have an explicit field for ingame time.

@f.e. negroni: Sorry, i misunderstood you. It's just that in the threads like this, where people make suggestions to developers, very often
    other users go like: stop bothering devs with your stuff, nobody needs it, devs have more important things to do.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  11. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

The shared memory is read only.

12. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Ignore that post - it's just some spammer warming up their account so they can post their true payload.

13. Rollo Tomaso

Rollo Tomaso Rookie

@ELIOTRAFDI: Shared Memory has three axis data for velocity, acceleration and angular velocity - i guess that's what's needed to make anybody seasick. )

14. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Once again, it's spam. Dodgy links...

15. Robwarrior

Robwarrior Rookie

Hi
    upload_2020-4-21_19-8-12.png
    Could the ignition status please be added the available data?
    It would be really nice for external dashboards/lights animations.

..LeRenard! likes this.
  16. #snajdan

#snajdan Gamer

somehow possible to read out the stats after a driverchange? seems a bit messy if u change the driver and the whole infos suddenly stopped.

17. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, but are you talking about swaps in single player races or in multiplayer?

18. #snajdan

#snajdan Gamer

multiplayer, because you will get no infos if you change the driver. Same counts for your own ingame hud, looks like a full spectate mode and so long you drive with other players within a team, it should be allowed to see the same things like the current driver.

19. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

I'm afraid it's not that one-sided. I totally understand why you would like to have all the info even after a swap. But for me, for instance, if I'm tracking driver's stats (time, distance driven, lap times etc.), I don't want to get it mixed with another player driving. Currently there is no way how to determine if the second player is driving, because player name and other info is provided by the Static part of the file, so it stays the same for the whole session. This would have to change, so we could be able to detect the actual swap and decide if we want to use the data or not.

20. #snajdan

#snajdan Gamer

The thing is, the roundtime exists, the delta works in a way too - but if your teammate drove a fast lap and you're the next driver, the delta will taken from your teammates fastet laps and your own personal best will stay same - should be changed, delta stays always for your PB or PB has to be changed to the ones within your team, but i think thats the wrong thread.

Maybe Kunos will look into this and will think about it. Would be nice for endurance events / Drivers whatever :)

toto 85 likes this.