1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia drivers discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Johngrim64, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I'm using 445.78 and it works like a charm. :)

2. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Not placebo....been using those for some time and can confirm thy're the best drivers I have ever used with any Nvidia card.
    'Rock' solid and extremely smooth in every sim title I currently own.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

4. RWa

RWa Simracer

Atak_Kat, Coanda and sissydriver like this.
  5. Thanks for the hint @APC900! Tried it and u are absolutely right! Runs like a charm :)

6. RWa

RWa Simracer

Driver 450.12 seems indeed to do some magic. Btw I am running the Windows 10 May 2020 update already.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

romandevision, Coanda and sissydriver like this.
  7. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Can I ask you to provide a link to this driver? I am a bit afraid to download it from unknown resources, but it is not available on Nvidia website.

8. RWa

RWa Simracer

Flavus, sissydriver and romandevision like this.
  9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

its preview, so only if you are are registered dev directly available or for example the above link

romandevision likes this.
  10. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

11. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

450,12 smoother and better, but when I see AI, my computer gets epilepsy again.

RWa likes this.
  12. RWa

RWa Simracer

On my low spec laptop I do not experience that issue when drive close to AI. I had that issue earlier sometimes. No idea what causes that annoying exposure. I have quite some settings on high. No mirrors (to much fps loss) some on med and a little few on low. Steady 60 fps which is fine for me on my old laptop.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

romandevision likes this.
  13. rycil

rycil Simracer

450.12 are gold!

I just installed them and I can say that the experience was very good. I joined twice the biggrid servers tonight (spa and Silverstone) and from the start to the finish line the framerate was smooth and it is the first time I am able to maintain 80fps on such crowded server (almost 40 cars if not more).

I need to confirm with few other races but I am so happy for the rest of my league champ (3 more races).

Stains, Coanda and sissydriver like this.
  14. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

15. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Yesterday, everything started to work pretty well. Yeah, not like it used to be, but there's progress.

I don't know what it has to do with it. It's still a mystery to me. In other games there are no problems, the system works fine - no overheating.

Of course, I look forward to further improvements, but im can already play and it`s good. I hope things get better after the patch - there's still a 5 FPS drop left on repeat, but its not critical. :)

450.12 - the best driver. Tried about 4-5 different ones, even the most recent beta.

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

450.82 is good, stable, same FPS or better - no scientifically based test carried out, subjectively at least equally good
    @romandevision -
    one tip - comparing it to other simulations doesn't do much good. acc is one of the newest on the market with very high requirements. If the computer is generally stable, the statement that an >5-year-old program does not cause any problems is not helpful / says not much. shouldn't be a smart **** now, but you keep mentioning other sims - that just doesn't make sense (i am dev and it teacher, so have a little insight and yeah - thats it - no offense, hope it helps you to classify things)

dek and LATE4APEX like this.
  17. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I don't know if my English level allows me to report information, but I meant that only ACC has problems. The most problematic game is RF2 - it doesn't understand why FPS has fallen and I've always had worse performance than ACC. The main point is that ACC in June 2019 was working better than it is now. Although, before there were not even some features that are available now to improve performance.

Replay is a separate issue. It all started with the fall of FPS on Nurburgring GP - this was reported by many users about six months ago. I had a problem with only 4st turn, but now the problem of falling FPS on replay began to appear all the time.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    sissydriver likes this.
  18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

450.12 was preview driver of 442.74 WHQL, if I'm not mistaken.
    450.82 is also a preview driver, recently available (DX12 testing, I believe, still no WHQL driver version available)
    I'm using 445.87 without hiccups, altough I had issues with 445.75 (that needed 445.78 hotfix for ACC); 445.75 is no longer available
    For me, older 442.74 was just has good has 445.87 is now.

19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Very well put post.

Plus. I'm of the opinion that if a new driver is not revised and released to increase a specific game or games performance's, or even the development engine, why should we expect any improvement ?
    Plus, I would generally end up with more headaches than ANY improvement anyway.

I am basing this on only personal experience, and NOTHING scientific.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    cooknn and sissydriver like this.
  20. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I’m apprehensive to try anything else other than 445.78. Using 445.75 I had problems with the game locking up when I would get in the car. Sound would continue, but everything else would freeze. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. Brand new PC. Very frustrating. Was thankful for the 445.78 hotfix driver. All is well again, but every time I get in the car I still hold my breath.