1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Just noticed that TeamName does populate for me in Single Player, so it may just be a multiplayer configuration issue? Server?

2. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Kunos, thanks for the updates today in the broadcast API in 1.3.12. I hope this can continue and we see some of the additions I have suggested above as well sometime soon!

3. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

I have started working on a strategy tool and noticed the game sometimes wouldn't connect. I tried the ksBroadcastingTestClient project and noticed it would only connect at certain times of the race as well, Is this a bug or is this intended, if it's intended is their documentation on when the broadcast api will accept need UDP clients and when it will not?

Toon Knapen likes this.
  4. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

I have noticed when connecting from a remote machine it doesn't always connect the first time. I try again a second or two later and it always connects. Besides that I haven't had an issue connecting at any time or in any session.

5. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

In a single player session, it will only connect when the race is starting "before the green light" anytime after that it wont connect any more clients.

6. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

ah ok. most of my testing has been multiplayer, so that explains why I haven't noticed it.

7. Toon Knapen

Toon Knapen Gamer

@Zeraxx I do have the impression that since the 1.3.12 the broadcasting interface does take more time to connect, especially after the green light. But after increasing the timeout on the connection, I do manage to connect also after the green light (but it might take a few attempts and using a timeout of 5s.)

8. Toon Knapen

Toon Knapen Gamer

@Brado23 next to the added nationality for the car (team) and each driver, did you notice a change in the behaviour in one of the already existing fields?

9. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

It'd be nice to get some word from KUNOS, as far as I can see the C# example app doesn't have a timeout and its not always connecting.

10. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

No, but I gave up on TeamName and replaced it with an Enum of my own that lists out all of the Manufacturers. I use this in the teamName field now. The TimeOfDay still doesn't work. Haven't noticed any other changes to existing fields I was having issues with.

Did you?

11. Toon Knapen

Toon Knapen Gamer

In any network connection it is always good to handle timeouts. I'm not a C# buff, I've written my own SDK in Go, so I can't help you on the offcial SDK.

@Brado23 , no I did not find anything else different. I have also defined constants matching the different brands and also listing all circuits explicitly (see https://github.com/toonknapen/accbroadcastingsdk/blob/master/network/buffer.go#L69)

12. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Yeah Im gonna create my own C# one as well, something must be busted in the official, because like I said even the example solution doesn't always connect.

13. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Yeah, having problems with connections too, it seems to connect ok when you first join a session and before a race start, but during the race connecting / reconnections seem to simply not work, no matter how many attempts are made. That's using the example broadcast tool.

14. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Just a thought I had.... I always connect as a spectator. Are you guys that are having trouble connecting, connecting as spectator or player? Not sure that it is the cause, but something to think about possibly.

15. Toon Knapen

Toon Knapen Gamer

So far I've always used tested my tool when doing single-player. So if I understand correctly, you are joining as player or spectator and then connecting to the broadcasting interface on your PC? This makes me wondering, is there any difference on the data available in the broadcasting interface when connecting to your own pc or when connecting to the UDP interface of the server ?

16. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

From the ACC game you can connect to a multiplayer server 2 ways... by specifying the server password (if one is set) to join as a racer, or you can join the multiplayer server as a spectator by specifying the spectator password. The latter is what you would do as a broadcaster/director of a race, as that way you don't appear on the server as a driver. All of my testing I have been connecting as a spectator on a multiplayer server as this is the way my league will be using the broadcasting client.

Toon Knapen likes this.
  17. Toon Knapen

Toon Knapen Gamer

But I was wondering if the UDP interface of the server is the same as the UDP interface of the ACC client?

The server handbook specifies that each client establishes a TCP and a UDP connection and that the latter is for receiving the car positions etc, just like the UDP interface of the ACC client.

I tried running my own server and while I can connect with my own ACC client (and thus connect on the TCP and UDP port of the server with acc), I don't succeed in connecting my app on the UDP port of the acc server. If you know more, I'm all ears !

18. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

To my knowledge you can't connect directly to the server itself with the broadcasting client. I have never tried though tbh as you need the ACC game to display the video for the broadcast stream anyway.

19. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Was using the client last night as a spectator, it was for some reason really laggy and unresponsive. Not very usable at all sadly and a massive pain to try and do for the 6h Silverstone race

20. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

I can confirm that after joining a session you can only request a UDP handshake with the client once, after you use that one request, it wont accept any more requests, the async client listener status just sits there waiting on a response. Additionally I noticed that "Track Position", "WorldPosX", "WorldPosY" are always 0. @Minolin Any information on the behavior of the SDK would greatly be appreciated!

2020-04-26_16-19-16.png