1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Thanks, Kunos

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by romandevision, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah... a few years ago I bought a G25 from a friend for $50 and an Oculus Rift which started the AC journey... see signature for current location, and I’m far from reaching any sort of end.

So along with a big thanks from me I’m sure MasterCard is also very thankful to Kunos

sissydriver likes this.
  2. Digger

Digger Gamer

Kunos, Can't add much more to all these positive comments about the great work your entire staff has done. Thanks for being so dedicated to providing us with the best sim out there but especially for listening to your users and the feedback we offer. Can't wait for your next DLC.

Nev Roberts, marph and sissydriver like this.
  3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

one should actually assume that adult men / women know by themselves what is good for them. o_O
    when i have to decide what to do next at assetto corsa competizione i am always a bit undecided. :oops:
    but there are special events and the opportunity to measure yourself against others - wonderful!:)
    mostly hotlap, a lap on the verge of madness, somehow survived, not reproducible but cool! :cool:
    but now the event in laguna seca, 30 minutes, tried it out again - thanks kunos. thats it!!! :):):)
    it shows me how wrong i am with the focus on hotlap (you can read it 100 times, experience it first-hand is much more sustainable) - that's terrific. :)
    30 minutes of concentration, now three times in the gravel bed - still satisfied.:rolleyes:
    without the special event I would try a quick lap somewhere ...o_O
    do not underestimate your power over the players!:cool::p:D

4. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

Thanks, of course, to Kunos for making such an excellent game, and for continually improving it.

What confuses me is that some of the people who have taken the time to have posted here, according to their linked steam profiles, do not appear to have left a review/recommend of ACC on steam. You don't need to write much, if anything, and probably takes less time than posting in this thread does, while probably benefiting Kunos and ACC more.

(btw you can also leave a separate review for the DLC)

5. I have a fiat since 2005. I have may be be the only owner of a reliable fiat, but it never broke o_O!?!-+

6. Creegz

Creegz Racer

The modern ones seem to be a lot better than they used to be. There was once a time when a FIAT would be the most fragile thing. It would decide it didn't like the ambient temperature outside and break.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

On my 2nd PC I didn't really intend to play ACC as it's quite the budget build with a Ryzen 2600 and a GTX1660. But ACC runs really well on that PC - I tested it, yesterday and found high FPS in FHD (75 Hz FreeSync) even during demanding scenarios and with high settings. Did some MP racing and I was sucked in, immediately.

IMO the title is really well optimized for single screen gaming.

The problem is that I just can't match the pace with a gamepad and quick corrections end up in a spin 90 % of the cases. So I found a 2nd hand Thrustmaster TMX which I will pick up this afternoon.

And I also want to say thanks for the very good formation lap system. The starts have become way better with this.

sissydriver likes this.
  8. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

TMX works great with ACC. Yes, it is the cheapest steering wheel, but it is in ACC that you will not feel it very much. :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It is cheap but it's good, except for the pedals. The wheel has a well designed drive system, good quality appeal, nice design, good metal shifters and moderate torque. It's exactly what I need for this rig.

10. Stains

Stains Simracer

I want to thank Kunos also ! But mainly for Mount Panorama ;) Ive had the game since EA launch and check what ive driven most :p
    Screenshot (277).png

NemethR likes this.
  11. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I had a package with a T3PA. Nice enough pedals(for that price), but the throttle squeaking started in a month - that's the only downside. :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

I also want to add my thanks to Kunos for such a great sim. I have just completed my 2nd league season in ACC and about to start a 3rd. Everything about this sim is just pure enjoyment. There is no better experience in SIM racing for me than ACC at Bathurst in VR (with a good VR headset like Pimax 5k+ and powerful PC). The graphics, sounds, feel of the cars, force feedback and weather in this game are second to none. Awesome job Kunos. Thanks for the ongoing improvements to the title up until now and I look forward to your continued improvement and additions over time. I can guarantee I'll be buying every single DLC you release. Keep up the good work!!

sissydriver likes this.
  13. Matt_ZRS

Matt_ZRS Racer

Hi,

I would just like to say a big THANK YOU!
    Finally a game exists that has exactly what I have been wanting for a very long time. Obviously I still want all the next DLC asap as you can never have too much. (+1 for #Nurburgring Nords VLN wish list unlikely I know).

The work you have done so far and are continuing is epic, I know how much of a major challenge it has been for you guys.
    The attention to the important small physics details right up to the in your face obviously stunning graphics and pure listening pleasure sounds. Pushing the limits of what is now possible on a average home computer.
    Catching the very essence of what truly makes motorsport a fantastic thing, you can almost smell the melting rubber and exhaust fumes.
    Probably my favourite part is the fact the car setups appear to work just like they actually do in real life. I can use my real life motorsport experience to make changes in game which results in the simulation being correct like it would be if it were real. temperatures, pressures, geometry ect.....

I have over 100 hours so far and my FIA Platinum Licence and still no where near bored, infact I like it more now than ever before (offical ACC Fan boy Status). I have pretty much stopped using Iracing now and this is my go to game of choice.

Your hard work has not gone by unnoticed and is very much appreciated!
    Keep up all the fantastic work.

Thanks
    Matt

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

thanks kunos again - did a 30min race with the porsche 991 gt3 r against ai at bathurst, 100%aggro / 92% strength and it was so intense. only one time i was to slow into forrest and an amg did some punterino - only little damage, it was 70% my fault. could fight against ai between the walls, from 21 to 6 - this feels so real. the ai did a tremendous job, less crashes compared to human drivers. amazing. have to try faster ai now, so
    tl;dr
    THANK YOU :):):)
    - after >30 years of playing racing games this is a level of entertainment - i am out of words. :oops:

Maranello78 and uelas_77 like this.
  15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

1.3.10 really nice update, cars feel a lot better, not that they were in any way bad before. Some nice bug fixes too.
    Great job.

uelas_77, Andrex and Zinny like this.
  16. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Let me tell a little story. It won't be long.

Basically, i love sim racing, and was doing it as a hobby from it's humble roots, on keyboard arrows with F1 Grand Prix 2 in 1995. I was hooked, and played it extensively, being 17 at the time, i mostly do just that, driving :p. After many other games i have played, including some rally titles, as Colin Mcrae and RBR, in last few years AC and ACC, i was driving with no FFB wheel. So, basically, i was driving on what i see and what i hear, and not on what i feel.

My last one was, still is, Thrustmaster Ferrari 3 in 1, is retiring. Today i got my first upgade, G29, and i have decided to write this, even before i try it :D

Anyway, the point of why i love ACC, is that it gave me the same feeling i was first introduced to sim racing with F1GP2. All things that the teen's mind imagined, are finally here. Every sound and movement of the car helped me racing with tough competition, with many many awesome battles. I just love how metal sqeaks, tyres screech ( which i use to determine the limit of the grip ), car engines of other cars, positioning behind/on side/in front of me, everything just gave me back the immersion of what i remembered at start of sim racing.

Thank you Kunos devs, and all included, for delivering this piece of beauty on our screens. I am just over 700 hours in and still enjoying it, every minute, and will enjoy it now even more :D

All the best, and keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing great stuff coming.

Much appreciated,
    Adam

17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

The G29 is a great wheel. You're going to have a lot of fun with it (I have the same one).
    I recommend creating a LUT file which totally eliminated the small dead-zone when the wheel is centred for me.

18. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Can you expand on that? I am not sure what are you talking about. I mean, i understand why, but don't know how :)

19. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

This was written for Assetto Corsa (not Competizione) but the instructions are still correct.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  20. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thank you, much appreciated man :)

tjr likes this.