1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Dec 12, 2018.

1. jackOO7

jackOO7 Rookie

var isOutlap = br.ReadByte() > 0;
    var isInlap = br.ReadByte() > 0;

if (isOutlap)
    lap.Type = LapType.Outlap;
    else if (isInlap)
    lap.Type = LapType.Inlap;
    else
    lap.Type = LapType.Regular;

this get ERROR in BroadcastingNetworkProtocol, so everytime is lap regular

2. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

Can we get some manual on this feature? Thx:)
    upload_2020-4-27_17-2-44.png

3. jackOO7

jackOO7 Rookie

Sector 3 times prob u can fix on xaml, there is duped sector 2 in the code.

4. jackOO7

jackOO7 Rookie

Teams and Nationality not readed from users, only for AI
    upload_2020-4-27_21-22-27.png

5. FX2K

FX2K Racer

I know this isn't a programmers question, but does anybody know how to get back the gap timings from the broadcast hud.

Mine now looks like:
    [​IMG]

Previously has them (older look):
    [​IMG]

I noticed SRO (with the updated hud) had them on their stream yesterday, but I can't find the option.. Doh!
    [​IMG]

6. Push INSERT

FX2K and D.Jankovic like this.
  7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

This above
    or if you have MFD page switch button use that for same effect,there is 3-4 pages of timetables you can swap around

FX2K likes this.
  8. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Such a noob, thank you so much. I must have pressed it by mistake at some point ;)

9. jackOO7

jackOO7 Rookie

hold INSERT hide/unhide menu, so u dont need scroll over all infos.

FX2K likes this.
  10. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Any update or acknowledgment of these bugs from Kunos yet? The lack of track position output and some of these other issues are some show stoppers for some apps.

11. jackOO7

jackOO7 Rookie

about event msg, in latest version its there only 3 types (LapCompleted, BestPersonalLap, BestSessionLap) why not coming from the game others? We need Green Light and Accident..........

12. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Agreed! Any word from Kunos about these issues?

13. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

I too am hoping they can jump on some of these improvements after they release 1.4 (or even better in 1.4 :) ). It seems a lot of interest has sparked up in the broadcasting API/client again recently, possibly related to eSports broadcasting etc.

14. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Actually another requested improvement I would like to add to my previous lists:

• An OutboundMessageType to change the timing HUD view (as discussed above - equivalent to pressing INSERT). When running the broadcasting client from another PC it is a pain having to go back to the game PC to press INSERT to change this. It is a similar issue to pressing DRIVE (which I have also requested as an OutboundMessageType).

Thanks.

FX2K likes this.
  15. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

my C is old as F.
    but i'm about to dive in, to try if i can return a timestamp on incident things for stewarding as a lap is long and can be very time demanding to seek into a whole lap

especialy on big grid

16. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

BroadcastEventView already displays when Incidents occur and what car numbers were involved. There is also a variable called TimeMS which you can use to get the point in time of that event. By default the events are just listed in the window and eventually disappear, but you could add code to write them to a file if you wanted.

I have just got back into C++/C# after 8 years off, so I know what you mean :)

17. kro

kro Simracer

Hey guys at simracingonline.co.uk we are looking for a streamer for our ACC events , this week Monza 47 drivers so far (50 slots) we are happy to be guni pigs and experiment with the whole broadcast system .. let me know if anyone interested !
    Thanks !

18. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

Guys & @Minolin ,
    I'm just delving into the broadcast events a bit more and am having some difficulties. I'm basing what i do on the test broadcast client (ie looking at ReplayControlViewModel.MessageHandler_OnBroadcastEvent). I'm seeing broadcast events for
    lap completed, best lap, accident and PenaltyCommMsg(but only when the penalty is cleared), I'm seeing nothing for PenaltyCommMsg when a penalty occurs. Has anyone else seen a penalty message (on whichever client)? I want to check if it is a problem with my code or if these messages just don't come out at the moment.

Also, I'm guessing accidents are only for collisions (not offtrack yellow flags). I'm seeing messages such as
    • #vs. #-1030153024
    • #vs. #1384103232
    I'm guessing the number is the player ID/steam ID. Anyone know the significance of one being negative? Does it indicate potential fault or one car behind another?

EDIT: Come to think of it, is there any way of retrieving the player ID? I seem to remember it is in result files and shared memory, but would be nice to get at it from broadcast to see who the accident is between

Also, I'd dearly love to be able to differentiate between 2018/2019 for recording results. Does anyone have any tips to determine this -either via broadcast api, shared memory or whatever?
    Cheers,
    Doug
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  19. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

...in addition, if anyone has a full set of penaltyCommMsg messages, that would be great so I can report on them. I guess they should all map to those reported on shared memory :

ACC_None = 0
    ACC_DriveThrough_Cutting = 1
    ACC_StopAndGo_10_Cutting = 2
    ACC_StopAndGo_20_Cutting = 3
    ACC_StopAndGo_30_Cutting = 4
    ACC_Disqualified_Cutting = 5
    ACC_RemoveBestLaptime_Cutting = 6
    ACC_DriveThrough_PitSpeeding = 7
    ACC_StopAndGo_10_PitSpeeding = 8
    ACC_StopAndGo_20_PitSpeeding = 9
    ACC_StopAndGo_30_PitSpeeding = 10
    ACC_Disqualified_PitSpeeding = 11
    ACC_RemoveBestLaptime_PitSpeeding = 12
    ACC_Disqualified_IgnoredMandatoryPit = 13
    ACC_PostRaceTime = 14
    ACC_Disqualified_Trolling = 15
    ACC_Disqualified_PitEntry = 16
    ACC_Disqualified_PitExit = 17
    ACC_Disqualified_Wrongway = 18
    ACC_DriveThrough_IgnoredDriverStint = 19
    ACC_Disqualified_IgnoredDriverStint = 20
    ACC_Disqualified_ExceededDriverStintLimit = 21

Brado23 likes this.
  20. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Minolin stated in an earlier post that he thought these may be datatype conversion failures and was going to take a look when he got a chance. It has been a while since so I assume he is busy on 1.4.

Doug Duthie likes this.