1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Crew Chief Beta

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Thx1137, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Must b
    Must be in the registry.

May be able to either copy the folder then install the Beta leaving you with both versions.

I have ran this out of a backup drive without reinstalling in the past so has to be a way around it.

I just run the Beta. Is there anything to lose?

2. ManWithAGun

ManWithAGun Rookie

Hello. I'm new to this epic softawre. i did not dig much into configurating LOTS of stuff, in stock mode it's pretty good for me. But now i have some sort of problem. on some tracks egineer says i'm 3.6 sec off pace(monza sector 2)(9.3 on sudzuka sector 2). but i'm driving at normal pace(1.50 for monza and 2.03 for suzuka). Where he takes such a huge gap? and is there any way to "delete" lap records, that can be used for calculating delta?

3. Basti

Basti Rookie

First of all thank you again for your work and help!

Is it correct that the spotter does not work in 4.11.1.1? I´ve tried different things and the ingame spotter works, but I want Jim back. :(

4. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Have you downloaded the new version discussed here...? Works fine for me now.

5. Basti

Basti Rookie

Yes, new version is installed. CrewChief works, but the spotter not. After that I did a new config, but got the same result.

6. Basti

Basti Rookie

Problem solved, I´ve installed it completely new and deleted the config.json before. Then did a clean new installation and configuration and everything works perfect. :)

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Fremen_78 and After_Midnight like this.
  7. Sascha H.

Sascha H. Gamer

I thought the support for Crew Chief was discontinued? I mean CC is one of the best Spotter Tools out there.

In Release Note 4.11.0.2 the author wrote: We're stopping work on ACC support and might remove support entirely in the future; various bug fixes and tweaks.

8. Hello I successfully downloaded the Crewchief app today but I don't understand how I start it in the game

nrc689 likes this.
  9. Basti

Basti Rookie

Sadly that is correct, but we are so lucky that @Jim Britton gave us a fix for CrewChief anyhow.

Thank you so much, Jim! Without CrewChief, ACC is not the same!

MerlinCooper and After_Midnight like this.
  10. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Jimmy told us that he will remove all ACC support but gladly he is still supporting ACC. Lets hope he will continue ACC support for this superior tool.

11. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

You need to start CrewChief itself (with ACC chosen in "Game" menu). You do not start CC "in the game". CC is completely separate app.

12. B0bik

B0bik Rookie

My crew chief not working acc and crew chief is latest version, I don't know what to do it tell me acc initialed but nothing more where's problem thanks.
    (Now it's working)

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  13. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

You must use the special beta for ACC.

B0bik likes this.
  14. Is this your first time using CC or have you used it in the past?
    It works fine for me on 2 cockpits.
    If you dont know how to use CC it could simply be user error.

15. B0bik

B0bik Rookie

It's working now just restarted PC.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

16. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

You need to use special beta from this thread
    At first start of CrewChief you have to set it up.
    1. Select your name (dropdown top right corner), or a name you want Jim "CrewChief" to call you.
    2. Select Chief voice and spotter voice or leave it as is.
    3. Select the Game you want to use CC for.
    4. Click on the button "Properties"
    5. click on the Button "Create Profile" and name it something like "ACC"
      Go through the properties slowly and read the according descriptions. Change only settings you want to change and understand what they mean.
    6. Don't forget to hit "Save Changes"
    7. At the end click "Activate profile and restart"
    8. After CC is restarted check if "Sound Pack", "Driver Names" and "Personalisations" need to be updated and click to update them if needed.
    9. then hit "Start Application" if ready

CrewChief will be sitting in the background waiting for ACC to be started.
    Using CC also as Spotter you may want to disable the ACC spotter, as it may cause confusion.

Next time you start CC you only need to hit "Start Application". If you enabled the settings "Run immediately" you don't even need to do to this step. Downside to this is when you race another Sim like AC, iracing, etc. you need to stop CC first bevor you can select the other Game in CrewChief. You may want to create one profile for each Sim you play.

17. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

I'm trying to understand if Crew Chief is working CURRENTLY with ACC. Some people say yes and some say no. I know it used to because I ran it.

I have the newest version of ACC, 1.3.12 and the beta version of Crew Chief 4.11.1.0.

It's not working for me and the Crew Chief log reports that there are lots of issues in running ACC and a recommendation to not use it and use the ACC spotter.

Is it possible to run Crew Chief and the current version of ACC and if so what is required to get it to work?

18. FLATPAT

FLATPAT Gamer

@RReed43: You need Crew Chief 4.11.1.1 from here:

deni80s and After_Midnight like this.
  19. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, I just downloaded and installed that version and it is working fine.

20. Fremen_78

Fremen_78 Rookie

Breaking news! 4.11.1.2 version is avaliable now and works fine! Oh yeah!