1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hardware Spec

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by d0wnin, Apr 23, 2020.

1. d0wnin

d0wnin Rookie

Hi Guys,

Thinking about getting a new machine. Specs below. Does anyone know what settings this will achieve with 1 monitor?

Processor:
    AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7GHz (Up to 4.2GHz)
    Memory:
    16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz (1x16GB)
    GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 5700 MECH OC 8GB

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server hardware specs? Jul 30, 2014
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It depends on the hardware Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 necessary Hardware Oct 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Help for a beginner sim set up (hardware) Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error [potential CPU/RAM OC complication or RAM hardware issue] May 15, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 fatal error [wide variery - possible hardware issue] Feb 17, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ACC Server Hardware Requirements Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Lets benchmark the new hardware for ACC VR Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions New hardware; low FPS..? Sep 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Considering better and better hardware, is more AI possible? Aug 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE Crash after last update [OC/hardware memory timing] Jul 20, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Issue with "Hardware Lock" Jun 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Server Hardware Requirements May 3, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 FFB Disappearing [Hardware Issue] Feb 9, 2020

3. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

May I ask why you are taking an APU with a dedicated graphics card? I'd suggest a ryzen 1600af instead. Which resolution are you planning on playing?

4. Also don't get the Mech version of the 5700, it's very loud and not efficient, even the reference design is better.

1600 AF, 2600 or 3600 are probably better CPU options unless you need an APU as backup.

5. d0wnin

d0wnin Rookie

Cheers for the advice. 1080p or 1440p is the resolution I'm planning on running.

6. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

With a Ryzen 1600 and RX580 I have almost everything on High/Epic (except for foliage, smoke and mirrors that are on low) and I get around 70fps@1080p in normal racing conditions. Look for the GPU Benchmark thread and you can have more info there

7. Also Nvidia cards perform way better than AMD cars on ACC and Unreal powered games, worth bearing in mind if building specifically for ACC. For similar money to the 5700 you are looking at the Nvida RTX 2060 but it's a bit overpriced at the moment. Another card worth looking at is the rx5600 XT only about 5% slower than 5700 but probably 10% cheaper, plus lots of good basic after market options from sapphire, powercolor.

8. marph

marph Gamer

ACC benefits from fast RAM I belief. Get the fastest one your CPU can handle

Snoeipaard likes this.
  9. d0wnin

d0wnin Rookie

Cheers guys.

Ended up going with:

Processor:
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600G
    Motherboard:
    MSI tomahawk Max B450
    Memory:
    16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz (2x8GB)
    GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
    Harddrive:
    WD 1TB 3D NAND SSD M.2

Works like a treat (Y)

kuccu likes this.
  10. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

It is my understanding a Ryzen 3600 is best accompanied by 32GB of RAM. If you want to stick with 16GB, the 2600 seems to be the better choice. Also, you should atleast get the 3200MHz version of your RAM of choice. Otherwise you are leaving cheap performance gain laying on the table.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Ehh, how did you come up with this?
    I’m going to speculate that it’s based on the fact that 16GB sticks generally being dual ranked and hence a bit quicker. This affects every Ryzen CPU in the same way no matter if 2000 or 3000 series

12. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Well, I recently dove into this cause I was putting a system together myself. An in my quest I came about several threads and video's, where was stated that the Ryzen 5 generation isn't very good with RAM in general. And also that the 3600 would bennefit from more than 16GB of RAM.

That is why I sayd it is my understanding. I'm ofcourse not sure, as I ofcourse (and this goes for most people) haven't benchmarked or tested this myself.

13. Rudski

Rudski Alien

You've got something muddled up.
    If the application and OS only use 10 gig's having 12 more unused will not make it faster. It's why most people stick with 16 because it's just logical to purchase what you're going to use.
    Take it to the extreme, having 512GB of memory vs 16GB (identical ratings and the like), there will not be any performance differences if the applications you use, uses less than 10GB.

m_box97 likes this.
  14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

it’s more complicated then that, dual
    Rank vs single rank, dual channel vs single channel, latency, frequency. Quantity is a byproduct at this point as long as you have at least 16GB

15. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Clearly it is, I don't think one needs to go into micro detail. Understand your audience and then adjust the language and technical references. :)

16. McGraw

McGraw Racer

3600mhz ram for a 3600

Snoeipaard likes this.
  17. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Attached Files:

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Unfortunately they don’t tell you why that is. You could very well get 32GB and both the 16GB sticks still be single rank (Chips on one side only) and you would get no performance increase at all.

Just a note here not to confuse “dual rank” and “dual channel”

For those interested a good explanation here: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-3000-best-memory-timings,6310-2.html

19. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

That could very well be. I don't know. I'm just saying, I did not come up with this myself. Seems to be a common conception about the Ryzen 5 3600.

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, mostly what I’m saying is it is that way because you really want dual rank as it is a fair bit faster, this can be achieved by two 16GB sticks as they are generally dual rank by nature as there’s a lot of chips on them or four 8GB single rank sticks. Either way you end up with 32GB as a byproduct.

Two 16GB sticks are generally preferred as it’s less load on the memory controller then 4 sticks so will give more timing/overclocking flexibility.

To summarise, the best RAM config for any 3000 series Ryzen is 2X16GB dual rank sticks at 3600Mhz with the lowest timing you can get, generally C16. The amount of ram you end up with is a byproduct, not a performance increaser on its own

21. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Again this could be the case, I don't know. Using your logic, you could also use 4x4GB single rank sticks in dual channel to get dual rank like performance. You then would only need 16GB. Yet, the advise generally seems to be 32GB. So my bet is that there is more to it.

Also I think it is wrong to assume that using all 4 slots will always give worse performance, just because of the added load on the memory controller.

But anyway, 32GB seems to be advised for the Ryzen 5 3600, so that is what I was trying to get across to the TS here. Wasn't trying to start an off topic discussion (although interesting) on the technical reasons behind this advise. Might be something for a different thread though.

Last edited: May 3, 2020