1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Skaven Zverov, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Hi guys!

I am Adam Isailovic, aka Skaven Zverov, racer for SimSport Racing.

I wanted to share the guide i have made for myself, with "essentials" of understanding of how the damn setup works ( in ACC ), and what is used for what. I compiled a lot of info from You Tubers, such as Chris Haye, Aris and others, ACC Wiki and other explanations on Google, and used the "Setup Cheat Sheet" by Chris in it, to help me out, putting everything in one place.

I know some things about setup settings, but this research put it in another light. I am old racer, but beginner mechanic :D I must say that i am not sure everything i wrote is 100% correct, it is how i understood it.

It may help, and maybe someone can pitch in and suggest how to make it better?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V2.0 has arrived! Sorry for the wait :)

Updates: A lot more info, additional graphics and explanations!

Section: Tyres - Added more info on optimum tyres for GT3 and GT4, with brief explanation of how correctly to set them up. Added additional info on tyres HUD widget. Added Toe interaction with Camber.
    Section: Electronics - Additional info about telemetry laps, and how to recognize ABS and TC while driving.
    Section: Fuel and Strategy - A lot more info on Fuel, Strategy, temporary fuel, wear, grain, blisters, flat spots explanation.
    Section: Mechanical Grip - A lot more info on Springs and Differential, with additional graphics.
    Section: Dampers - Additional info about dampers, added MOTEC usage example.
    Section: Aero - Additional info about Rear Wing/Splitter, Front Aero Variation.

Links:

v2.0 jpg - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-unRpBBq_gr4RkAaI9tYnbGPHk1H-yYr/view?usp=sharing
    v2.0 jpg ( black/white ) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wcIscqRnh4kGiV0nKr2H8j_QbCrYhrKx/view?usp=sharing
    v2.0 pdf - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MYp0Uo8_vQT4CvGg1D5IkG2ZHoZ_MzQb/view?usp=sharing
    v2.0 pdf ( black/white ) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PeSe6d7DQvdpQ8A0nFGp677RA39n2EGO/view?usp=sharing

Hope you will like the new version :) It has better sections, so, guys who want it printed, now it's more manageable :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setup guide ( v1.6 ) collaboration with more explanation by alexgeotech09: https://trinacriasimracing.wordpress.com/acc-beginner-setup-guide/

Setup Guide from Boonatix, YouTube videos - https://www.youtube.com/c/Boonatix

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Jun 14, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Leo Sousa - Hotlaps, Setups, Track Guide, Prime Skins, Coaching and Tips Dec 2, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Hungaroring | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Sep 23, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Setup Guide - How to be faster - Essential Knowledge Mar 7, 2021
    Bug reports Incorrect Setup Guidelines Dec 12, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Assetto Corsa Competizione / Server Creation Tool / Guide / Simple and Easy Setup Oct 5, 2020
    ACC Physics Car setup guide Feb 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC setup guide? Jul 2, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Setup guides by real race engineers Jan 8, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Setup guides/setup sharing Aug 6, 2018
    Screens & Videos Sim Racers Setup and Performance Guide Jan 11, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Setup-Guide released Mar 17, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Setup guide? Dec 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Guide for AC to understand apps and built a setup Nov 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Advanced car setup guide Jan 7, 2016

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Anything from me is always completely free to share. Thanks for the hard work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thanks for the answer! :) And no problem :)

Btw, do you know Chris Haye handle on ACC forum, i would like to ask him too if he is ok with it. :)

5. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

If you make sure you give credit where credit is due, you should be fine. No harm in asking of course, but I hope you end up sharing it. Guides are a rare sight for beginners to ACC

6. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Yes, of course, i will add credit for anything i took and put into a compilation. I really just don't want any problems, so i figured i should ask first.

I am sure this can explain at least something to begginers, but i guess it still is a long way of experimenting with everything to figure it out how it feels on the track :)

7. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I forgot. This is only the first draft, i would like to expand it with how to approach setup, following the Aris's video on custom setup. So, basically, explanation + how to...Just waiting for Chris's amen :D

8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

If you only use the info from Chris Haye's cheat sheet it shouldn't be a problem, if you use the cheat sheet as it is, confirmation up front is probably the best cause.
    Maybe you can contact him through his Youtube channel, he has his email address in the about section.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4oMCJNapF8bSoSXTyxlWg/about

Skaven Zverov and sissydriver like this.
  9. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

True, i used his graphics from his videos and cheat sheet. That is why i am asking for permission to post it. I know i can use it for myself, of course, but I wanted to share it too, i think it can help. It helped me while researching and making it, to understand more deeply the whole setup thingy, how mostly things work and how i can work with it. Mostly people will not help if asked about setups. You aliens first :D

Thanks, i did asked him on his FB page, if he doesn't respond, i will send him an e-mail :)

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  10. AusWilko

AusWilko Gamer

As a very new beginner I am always looking for information so hope this becomes ok

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  11. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Ok, i got the green light from everyone, here is the Guide! :D It's on original post too :)

It's a basic JPG file, hope you will like it :)

I will expand on it, and add "How to setup" soon, and upload the new one :)

So far, this is it. If anyone who knows the "matter" better, please let me know how i can improve this guide :) @Aristotelis : if you don't mind, check it out, let me know if i made some major mistakes, to change if needed.

Everyone who knows the matter can chip in, i will credit them too :D

Enjoy setting up setups :D

https://sta.sh/01gykustf9ww

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    kro, Kev, Ivanka and 6 others like this.
  12. tazza1986

tazza1986 Gamer

Thanks for the work. One thing you can improve is the size because I can't read the writing ...

13. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Changed to link, file is large enough, but forum compressed it. Now the link is in order, go to it and download the guide. Thanks :)

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    tazza1986 likes this.
  14. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Also, whoever reads it, please give some feedback so we can upgrade it, maybe making it easier to follow...etc..whatever is on your mind :)

15. Delassa

Delassa Rookie

great compilation of setup tips, one thing I don't think is correct is the Traction Control description, pretty sure that TC work by cutting the engine or retarding the timing of the engine not by pumping the brakes but the described effect is the same. ABS works by modulating brake pressure to prevent locking up.

Also one typo under brake balance rearward bias, should be TURN IN oversteer, currently says TURN IT oversteer.

Defiantly will have this one up while i'm trying to muddle through how to do a setup

16. Turk

Turk Alien

It's a really great guide, it looks great and I'd like to print it out but it's not very printer friendly. Black background and no breaks in the content to allow for page breaks.

17. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Ok, will update it today :) Thanks!

Glad you like it :)

18. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Hm, i see. he problem was, while choosing colors, the ACC interface, which is dark. I can change everything else to white and black, no problem, i guess only thing then not printer friendly will be the AC interface :)

Let me know if that works better for printing!

As for pages...just print it and tape it up in a long strip :p I am not savvy with printing stuff, so, it will take a while to make it page printing friendly. I can do color changes fairly fast.

Thanks for the feedback, give me some time, i will make another one, page friendly, each section, one page. One question could be, should pages be landscape or portrait?

19. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

Very informative guide. Great job on this. One small mistake I noticed, on the first page you wrote Tyre wear under the pad wear value. Pad wear is brake-pad wear. Tyre wear is shown right under the IMO temps

20. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thanks! Oh, i see, thanks, will change it :)

Glad you like it :)

21. Turk

Turk Alien

That's what I've done. :D I do like that I now have a setup scroll. :cool:

I inverted the colours in photoshop and it worked well, the only thing that's an issue is the red text converts to a light blue. If you change the colour of the red text on black background to white, it will convert to black when it's inverted.