1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Skaven Zverov, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

That works too :D

But, i will make the proper version, as you suggested, and still need to make some changes/fixes/updates, so wait a bit for next version :)

2. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I looked into it, and found this:

Electronic Braking Systems
    Andrew Day, in Braking of Road Vehicles, 2014

Traction Control System (TCS)
    Traction control (TCS) is a stability control feature closely associated with ABS. It allows brake actuation pressure to be generated to brake a driven wheel to prevent it spinning when peak adhesion has been lost during acceleration, and thus maintain traction by transferring the drive torque to another drive wheel that does have full adhesion.

To ensure that brake pressure is only applied to the spinning wheel requires the brake of the non-spinning wheel to be isolated, using the ABS pressure control valve to prevent actuation pressure being generated at that wheel. It is then possible to apply actuation pressure only to the wheel that is spinning to bring it under control.

Does anyone knows, is this correct?

3. iVG

iVG Alien

Yes mate, yes, but not in GT3.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  4. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I see, can you point me to where i can check this out, or i should i just put what Delassa said?

5. iVG

iVG Alien

6. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thank you very much, will look into it :)

7. iVG

iVG Alien

It's a rule thing - what you describe is road car ESC which works with both ABS and TC in case of a rear wheel slip because usually on road cars the differentials are relatively open. In GT3 the rules are very specific that TC only have access to engine power and NOT brakes at all times.

Freddie Seng and Skaven Zverov like this.
  8. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I see, thanks for the explanation, didn't know this. :)

Much appreciated.

iVG likes this.
  9. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Ok guys, new versions are here.

Let me know if Black and White works for you, or should i put also Black/Red too?

version 1.1 - https://sta.sh/01myk2b5hxuk - Black and White, updated.
    version 1.1a - https://sta.sh/01rfdat7p3sr - Black and White, updated, printer friendly.

OP is also updated with new links.

10. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

@Turk , check these out, hopefully they work better for you :)

11. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Keep the coloured one as well so people can have them open on a laptop or tablet

Freddie Seng and Skaven Zverov like this.
  12. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Very well, i will :)

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  13. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Thanks for your work ;)

14. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

My pleasure, thanks for helping :)

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  15. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

By "turn-out" oversteer do you mean power oversteer? Just so we're on the same page.

Good work btw! :)

16. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

Thanks for this

17. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Yes, and thanks :) That graphics is from Chris Haye videos, so my guess is same as yours :D

18. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

You are very welcome :)

19. Eugenio8558

Eugenio8558 Gamer

good work mate,

just one thing about pads 4. I know that you take the descriprion from the Aris post, but he say often that pads 4 have same friction of pads 1. Pads 4 are made for testing brake wear.
    Maybe @Aristotelis can give us a last clarification about this?

Another thing. Maybe could be usefull insert the information that a rear to much soften can cause entry oversteear due diffusor stall (because rear height rise a lot during braking). Often people have oversteear and soften the rear ARB expecting more grip, but gaining the opposite effect.

20. Larus BR

Larus BR Rookie

awesome!!!!