1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Need help with motionsickness

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by zzjorzz, May 11, 2020.

1. zzjorzz

zzjorzz Gamer

I love ACC, but I suffer a lot from motionsickness in this sim, especially at Zolder circuit. (32:9 screen, no vr).

It happens because of the violent shaking of image on bumpy tracks. I can solve it a bit by putting worldmovement percentage in de view options up closer to 100percent but then my dashboard goes up or down a lot when track is up or downhill and I really dont like that.

Is there a setting that I am missing to decrease the camera shake? Any other (serious) tips to help against motionsickness, settings or otherwise?

I dont get motionsickness in for example iRacing, or on Zandvoort track in ACC.
    Sharpness, AA and blur settings (motion blur and AA temporal blur) also seem a factor.

Help and tips much appriciated!!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help with UI control binding Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help setting up Fanatic V3 pedals Dec 6, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room need help plz Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help with this error message Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Need to reset stats. Apr 9, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Urgend help needed --> Fatal UE4-AC2 Error - Game won't start Nov 23, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Need help? Can't post. Oct 11, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Dossing so on, needs to be sorted. Jul 9, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Help needed for AC telemetry Jun 20, 2022

3. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

Have you tried messing with dashcam factor values?

Coanda and zzjorzz like this.
  4. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

5. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Avoid the helmet view.

Coanda, Mogster, CmdrCody and 2 others like this.
  6. zzjorzz

zzjorzz Gamer

No, I never found out what that does. Somebody can explain?

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  7. zzjorzz

zzjorzz Gamer

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  8. zzjorzz

zzjorzz Gamer

I am never using that, that like being in a rollercoaster for me! :D

Coanda likes this.
  9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Have you tried sitting further away from your screen or increasing FOV?
    Last resource kinda thing since it might have a negative impact in immersion and lap times but maybe you want to try if nothing else works.

zzjorzz likes this.
  10. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Ok, i have done some things, since i have motion sickness too. Remove depth of field, remove anti-aliasing, and blur, and on View settings ( when you start driving > Esc > View settings ), put horizon lock to 100% ( this means track will not vibrate as the car, only car, so you will put vertical screen "bumping" completely off ).

Hope it helps.

zzjorzz likes this.
  11. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

zzjorzz likes this.
  12. crimespree

crimespree Racer

This is what Real Head Motion Does, it stops the world shaking like lock to horizon but doesn't moved the dashboard up and down.

zzjorzz likes this.
  13. CmdrCody

CmdrCody Rookie

@zzjorzz have you tried tuning the field of view? That's one of the most common settings which causes motion sickness. If the FoV is unnaturally high or low, your brain will get really confused.

I don't know what it looks like on your setup, but most people set the FoV too high at the beginning because they think seeing a lot will give them a benefit, so try reducing it a bit.

zzjorzz likes this.
  14. Gabsmabs62

Gabsmabs62 Rookie

15. Gabsmabs62

Gabsmabs62 Rookie

There's 3 sort of cockpit views. One of them is the helmet view which i think is the worst for the motion. You might be in that view but don't see the helmet cos of your FOV..you could try changing the FOV around?

zzjorzz likes this.
  16. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

My fiancée suffers terribly with motion sickness when she tried the sim. Mints really help, oddly enough.

zzjorzz likes this.
  17. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

You should try the 'Lock to horizon' option under View Settings. This is designed to stabilize the camera and always point it towards the horizon. 30-50% should be reasonable setting for most tracks.

Or switch to VR, which is much more natural and does not mess with brain as much (seated experience). I cannot go back to flat screen racing since I switched to VR, it just does not feel right anymore.

zzjorzz likes this.
  18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I find VR the absolute worst in the motion sickness league.

Going forwards is OK but even mild drifting or even worse going backwards and I’m ready to barf. It’s stopped me using my OR, I’ll have a spin, feel nauseous and that’s me done for the next hour or so. Flat screen is mostly OK, even with TIR.

zzjorzz likes this.
  19. zzjorzz

zzjorzz Gamer

Yeah, used FOV calculator for mathemathical correct FOV, but you are correct, too high FOV is a disaster for motion sickness!

20. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

I have never felt motion sickness with flat screens, but I did experience it all of the time when I started using VR. I overcame it by gradually trying to increase my time in VR each time I did it. The second you start to feel off you MUST get off it straight away though. Continuing will make you feel sick for hours in some cases. Struggling on is a big mistake. Also start with flat tracks with little or no elevation changes like Paul Ricard, then move to tracks with some elevation. Leave the ones with lots of elevation changes until last. If you gradually work up in time and elevation you should get over it. I certainly did and all I run in sims these days is VR. I cannot go back to flat screens now. The only time I ever feel slightly off now is when I do a sudden reverse of the car, but I can even get over that pretty quick now.

Mogster likes this.
  21. zzjorzz

zzjorzz Gamer

Can someone post settings so the camera acts more like in iracing? Still to much jolting en shaking for me. iRacing only sim I dont get motion sickness.