1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by P308R, Mar 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Hello all,

First of all, I post it here since I can't post in the pc section .

I am really looking forward to the console release this june and the roadmap looks excellent as well. What I am not able to find is if the console version comes with the 2020 teams and drivers? Any one able to shed some light on the topic?

For the rest, is there some consolefolks which are as impatient as I am and if so any thoughts for which team you'll be driving?

Scuderia Paul likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Hmmm. Just came back to the forum after a long break to check out all the buzzing posts regarding ACC coming to console. Maybe I am missing something obvious but can't see it mentioned anywhere at all. So, it's just you and me excited for it then P308R ;)

4. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

I expected many people as well but....o_O

Filled with questions though:

1. Will the 2020 season be included?
    2. Will the career allow to run your own team and driver?
    3. Can existing liveries be colorchanged?
    4. How many AI drivers are supported?
    5. Will there be leaderboards?
    6. Will ACC on PS4 come with an upgrade option to PS5?
    7. Will there be full replays and can we save them?
    8. How about a photomode ?
    9. How does ACC compare to AC?
    10. Is the current roadmap final or will ACC be the game that Kunos uses to expand upon (like GaaS)?
    11. Will Zandvoort be updated and how about Imola?
    12. When can we see some footage or screenshot of the console versions?
    13. Any chance of some older GT1 machinery....:oops: (used to be fan of Hezemans and his Viper :D....)

Probably more to come ...:confused:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    CmdrCody likes this.
  5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I can't answer your questions officially but based on the current 1.3 PC version...see below (obvious disclaimer that I know nothing of plans for console release which may not mirror the PC version):

1. Will the 2020 season be included? - There has been no word on this from Kunos and it's not this years roadmap so I guess unlikely
    2. Will the career allow to run your own team and driver? - No sure, never played career mode
    3. Can existing liveries be colorchanged? Yes, there is a pre-defined pallet of colours than can be used to personalize liveries (excluding the lexus I think)
    4. How many AI drivers are supported? More than the current gen console will be able to support so I'd hope for 30!
    5. Will there be leaderboards? No - there are periodic challenges - specific car / track / time / conditions combo's - usually around 4 on the go at any time which have leaderboards
    6. Will ACC on PS4 come with an upgrade option to PS5? dunno
    7. Will there be full replays and can we save them? Yes
    8. How about a photomode ? No
    9. How does ACC compare to AC? - Assuming you like GT3 cars, it's way ahead on physics/graphics and sound, FFB is personal but I much prefer ACC
    10. Is the current roadmap final or will ACC be the game that Kunos uses to expand upon (like GaaS)? Plan through until end of year, I'd guess they will keep adding into next year as there are some obvious SRO GT series not include (USA/Asia)
    11. Will Zandvoort be updated and how about Imola? No word on either track being updated or added so assume no
    12. When can we see some footage or screenshot of the console versions? Dunno
    13. Any chance of some older GT1 machinery....:oops: (used to be fan of Hezemans and his Viper :D....). Seems unlikely, if they are not racing in a current SRO series unkiley they will be included.
    Your also forgot the most asked question of all - Will nordeschielfe (or however you spell it)! be added? - No!

Scuderia Paul, P308R and sissydriver like this.
  6. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

@mike.reynolds thank you very much for your insights ! Seems we console-peeps are in for a treat ;)

7. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

I just have to respond to today's e-Sport. I do it here because I have no rights to post here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-to-stage-two-hour-race-at-monza.63285/page-3

Today's event is simply the best e-Sport event I have ever watched. Highly exciting races, great commentary, superb stream and fantastic sound and trackbehaviour. This is simply all I want from an évent. It has me STOKED for the June-release of ACC on PS4!

I think Kunos and SRO have something highly entertaining on their hands and they should build upon it. Get in touch with other manufacturers to fill up the variation in the virtual field. Let them simply build and design a virtual car for this game. I wouldn't mind a Peugeot 508 GT3 ;)

That aside, continue to evolve ACC and expand upon the game in the coming years. I'll start off in June and it will be my racer until the end of life of my PS4.

Congratulations for this highly succesful évent and thanks to all involved :cool:

8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

It's most definitely not just @P308R and @Traks1 looking forward to Assetto Corsa Competizione on console. I cannot wait to get my hands on this amazing looking title. After the huge amount of it I have watched on YouTube I really want to get stuck in myself.

I still play Assetto Corsa to this day as it is the best driving title on PS4. Nothing else comes close to the feeling of the handling and FFB models.

A 508 GT3 P308R? :D

Traks1 and P308R like this.
  9. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

10. Ruben Asher

Ruben Asher Rookie

I'm also awaiting impatiently for PS4 release this june. I'm also on the fence about PS5...only because of ACC..... I guess I have to wait for some reviews and such before comitting to buy the next gen console or invest in a PC (I have not had one for 20 years now).

11. I too, came back to this forum after hearing that this game got announced for consoles. I bought the PC version, mostly to support Kunos, as my laptop doesn't match the required specs... so I wonder how will they make this run on these weak machines... I love my PS4, but let's just agree.. they're too weak to be true.. they've always been...
    My Laptop can run Assetto Max out at AVG ~70fps, so running ACC at AVG of 30.. was a shock...

I'm really curious on how they gonna make these consoles run this game (base consoles specially)

I'm expecting resolution around 720p on PS4 and 600p on Xbox base... With maybe the PSpro being able to deliver 1080p and maybe 1440p on the Xbox X.

I hope they remaster this game on the next gen consoles and PS5 gets the VR for this game too....(but that just me dreaming)

12. Audioslave

Audioslave Gamer

Just hope the physics won’t be downgraded (jaguar cpu). Don’t really care if the game is 900p on the ps4 pro. And finger crossed for a ps5 patch.

13. Ruben Asher

Ruben Asher Rookie

Considering the next gen consoles specs I would expect them to make a new version much rather than upgrade the PS4 title. New consoles can't be compared to current ones. Hopefully there will be some news as to a possible Ps5/series x acc game release before the release of the consoles... then I could skip the wait and just go for a pc if it's not the case.

14. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

I am sure it will run just fine on the currentgen consoles. AC did run good on my base PS4 and now Kunos is using Unreal4, I really see no issue why ACC shouldn't run well too. I think we'll see a somehow reduced AI field (AC ran 23 on some events without a fuzz) and reduced graphic settings comparable to medium on PC.

Really looking forward to the 23th of June! Bring it on :)

15. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I am pretty confident that ACC will run fine on console. While it is a significantly more demanding title with it's dynamic time and weather systems, ACC is running on UE4 which is renowned for being console friendly. That coupled with Kunos, admittedly limited, console experience should make for a very solid title.

I think another thing to bear in mind is that Kunos and Digital Bros will not want to tarnish the reputation of ACC with a substandard release.

I hope to see a PS5 version too as I will certainly upgrade to that.

P308R likes this.
  16. Audioslave

Audioslave Gamer

I ok to pay for a ps5 patch, like twice the price or maybe buy the game again if it’s a ps5 optimised version ( ryzen cpu). We will see but i’m not very optimistic about the ps4 version on the jaguar cpu. Ps4 version can be ugly if the framrate is 60 fps rocksolid but the physics is what makes ACC unique.
    If I want to play a beautiful game I can play GT Sport.
    I’m gonna preorder it anyway to support Kunos

17. I love the physics in AC on my XBOX, but hate that I can't do something as basic as save my FOV or even calibrate my wheel/pedals. Any news on whether ACC will provide a better user experience and bridge the HUGE gap between functionality in the console and PC version, or is it just shinier with improved physics?

18. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

You actually can save your FOV on console. It must be done per car.

19. I wonder if I'm missing a step? When I go into a race (in Career, for example), I hit X to modify cockpit view, then adjust the seat position and FOV and hit Save. I use B to go back to the race, and as long as I'm in that session it works, but if I exit the game (and, I think, if I go to another race, but I'll need to check again), when I go back to the race where I saved the settings it gives me the default display.

There are three options in the modify cockpit view screen... save, autoset, and default. Do I need to do something other than save?

Or do I need to do it for a car outside of a race context?

20. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

I've tested it with a couple of cars and the fov stays at the correct position if you save. You could try to adjust the cockpitview before you start the race session. That is at least the way I've been doing it.

21. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Just got an answer on Twitter from 505 community manager. PS4 preorders are NOT possible. You can buy the game 23/6/2020 and you'll get the IntCont pack with it if you buy the game on launch or within 14 days from launch.

https://twitter.com/AnimatedAnt/status/1260972736098250752?s=19

My thoughts : probably Sony is charging additional costs for preorders for 3th party devs.

DUNKY- DOPEUS and Scuderia Paul like this.