1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Texting while driving

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jernz Tan, May 12, 2020.

1. Jernz Tan

Jernz Tan Rookie

So I was racing earlier and everyone was texting while racing. I don't understand this. How do they do it? Is there a third-party app where you can convert voice to text or something? When I try doing it I always lose my braking points or steer too late. I don't understand how people do this right before a corner and still manage not to lose focus. Am I missing something?

NemethR likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting LogD3D11RHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. Jun 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting After update 1.9 the game crashes while running Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error while trying to show timetable at end of race Apr 21, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crash while streaming Streamlabsobs Mar 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting screen microfreezing while driving Dec 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Been away for a while - Colours do not seem as vibrant as I remember them? Dec 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashes while in online race v 1.8.18 Sep 1, 2022
    ACC User Interface Quick race menu: starting pos. not applied in between series (while opp. number does) Jul 19, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI Behaviour while being lapped Apr 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze while trying to start/run a race (in single player mode) [Sidewinder FFB frequency] Apr 3, 2022
    General modding discussion Controll AI cars manually in real-time while racing Feb 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. Jan 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Stutter while shifting gears in some cars Jan 7, 2022
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Driving Camera Drifts While Driving Dec 21, 2021

3. Crema

Crema Rookie

Train in your everyday car to get used to it a low speed then it become easier in the game. ;)

ps: ofc it's a joke

4. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Paul Ricard main straight is just long enough to Alt-Tab from the game and check Discord or something , watch some YT video, turn on Spotify, make some replies on Kunos formus, and then Alt-Tab back to the game :p:p

LRK-racer, dek, Bjay_23 and 7 others like this.
  5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You can set up macros so you only have to press 1 key and it will write something for you.

6. Jernz Tan

Jernz Tan Rookie

How do you set up macros? Is it an ingame feature?

7. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

Presumably most of those macros just stick in things like 'ffs' 'idiot' 'n00b' & maybe 'sry'. That's pretty much all I see in the chat window during races.

And yes, I was wondering how they do it as well :D

8. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

VoiceAttack works very well for this; I've been using it for years.

9. Maciej Malinowski

I just type when on the straight :D

10. Odirse

Odirse Gamer

I was actually thinking in doing something like using the buttons of my mouse as macros to say "thanks" or "I'll let you pass on the straight, don't ruin my race". It would be nice to have this possibility as an In-Game feature.

11. blasotto

blasotto Rookie

why not have a vocal chat like iracing?

Pernando Alomso and Yossa like this.
  12. Maybe you can tell us how? :)

13. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

JoytoKey??

After_Midnight likes this.
  14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

you are so fast, you straight times are too short for typing. fake news from you ! :D:D:D

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  15. Maciej Malinowski

:p:p:D

16. iVG

iVG Alien

I just hold the steering wheel with my mouth and lean a bit forward to reach the keyboard where we can have some jokes with the bois while racing at 200+ kph. Works fine for me.

17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I just used my Corsair keyboard software to set that up. It was just for testing purposes tho, never actually used it :p
    If you don't have software for your keyboard that allows to make macros, use google to find a macro recorder.

Tundra and After_Midnight like this.
  18. John Dalton

John Dalton Racer

This is literally what I do!

NemethR and After_Midnight like this.
  19. Turk

Turk Alien

Typing just isn't an option for me in VR. If I tried it would look like this "fgre gugfef"

20. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

That's why I use VoiceAttack. Takes just a few minutes to set up, but allows you to set up and execute pre-written chat phrases just by speaking them, or even make vehicle setup or pitstop changes if you really get into using it. Quite a godsend in VR.

21. +1 for VoiceAttack, installed 3 days ago and setup macro for chat to use with button box or voice recognition, work very well.