1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Skaven Zverov, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

from what i have seen from aris to do with tyres in his ACC videos you just aim for a certain tyre pressure rather then tyre temp, so if you do a couple test laps you want to aim somewhere between 27 and 28 psi in the tyres so to make it simple aiming for 27PSI

if you do a couple laps and fronts are say 26 and rears are 29 then the front pressures you would increase by ten clicks to bring up to 27psi and reduce rears by 20 clicks to bring them down to 27psi.

from what i understand under 27psi = getting colder over 27psi will start to overheat.

2. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

True, that is how i saw it. Basically, optimal PSI is 27-28.

Now, what they said is also true.

But, i saw sometimes ( Monza, example ) left front is higher temp (yellow with edges red ), but in optimum PSI. That is something we also need to include, or at least look into it.

I would be glad to make that info more comprehensive on the guide, it brings these questions out, which is good.

3. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

Monza has quite a few banked / cambered right hand corners which would put more load on the left side tyres IIRC in most sims if your looking at the temps you would aim for around 2-5°C spread across the tyre which is where camber and toe come into the equation aswell to control that spread of 2-5°C

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  4. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Yes, i understand that, completely.

I just want to see what is the best way to make info about temps and pressure into guide. Every info helps, so, thanks for it.

I need a bit of planning for the next chapter of guide i am preparing, and this is a serious issue that must be well explained, it can completely screw up us beginner mechanics. :D

5. soulmatrix3

soulmatrix3 Rookie

Skaven - thank you your quick response. I am horrible at forums and unsure how to tag someone for information, such as Turk to see how he was able to print. If you get the spare time to create a page break version or PDF for printing that would be great. If not, no worries. Sometimes these simple things can take longer than intended - I know from experience with graphic design.

I am floored by how much information you have and that it is easy to read and not overly technical. Again, thank you!

-SM

6. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

No problem, glad you like it :)

About guide with pages for print, i think it is the best to finish this one up ( it will take few days, i guess ) and then make the new one, with pages. Make sure to come back in few days and check the development :)

Also, you can click on Turk, you will have one small window pop up, there is "start a conversation" button there :)

Fremen_78 likes this.
  7. Gt3 tires are 265/305mm wide or something, so a couple mm more contact patch probably wouldn't be able to negate the heat from more air. At least that's my thinking.

8. C#27

C#27 Gamer

I think you are overestimating the effect of inner friction in the tyre on its temperature. This effect shurely exists, but it is not the main source for heat build up in a tyre. Otherwise every overinflated road tyre (compared to pressures of race tyres) would have to produce massive amounts of heat.

Most heat is generated through continuous deformation of the tyre in the contact patch (tyre flexing) and through tyre slip. With less tyre pressure the vertical stiffness of the tyre decreases, therefore the tyre flexes more and more heat is produced. Too much tyre pressure will reduce the size of the contact patch which then leads to more sliding and increased temperatures, as well as a further increased pressure. It's a vicious cycle that should obviously be avoided.

That being said, we are still talking about a simulation. Its behaviour won't reproduce 100% what will happen in reality. But I guess ACC gets a lot of stuff right. From what I have heard from Aris and others as well as my own experience the tyres in ACC have a wide operation window in terms of temperature which is said to also be present in the real Pirelli tyres. So I wouldn't focus on temperatures too much. As long as the tyre HUD is green, you should be fine.

What I would do in terms of tyres in ACC is as follows:
    1. Get tyre pressures in the range beween 27-28 psi
    2. Use IMO tyre temperatures for tweaking of camber and toe settings
    3. If for whatever reasons your tyre temperatures aren't in the operation window, use brake duct settings, since heat from the brakes also effects tyre temperatures.

9. Lowering the pressure helps me in ACC if the tires are overheating. In AC it was the other way around.

Maybe that's the problem, because I tend to overdrive the car and slip quite a lot, so maybe that's why lowering the pressure helps me with higher temps.

10. C#27

C#27 Gamer

When you tend to overdrive it can help, that sounds plausible. Mainly two things will help you there with lower pressures:
    1. The lateral tyre stiffness decreases with lower tyre pressures. This means you need higher slip angles to produce the same lateral force as with higher pressures. If you overdrive the car, you are usually steering too much - therefore the overdrive effect will be reduced with lower pressures. Keep in mind though, that the maximum lateral force the tyre can handle also gets reduced if the pressure isn't at the optimum.
    2. The self-aligning torque increases with lower pressures. The steering wheel gets heavier and you potentially get a better feel for the car, which can also lead to better driving.

11. Turk

Turk Alien

I opened the picture in Photoshop, I inverted the colours (but I think Skaven provided an updated version that's already inverted). In photoshop I have the option of just printing the area I want, then moving the print area down, then I just trimmed the edges, and sellotaped it together. I cut around features like boxes and used them as a reference to tape the sheets together.

I tried doing the same thing in 3D paint but it doesn't give me the option to move the print area as easily as Photoshop. But you could probably cut it up in there. If you reduce the size to 50% and go landscape it will fit inside the width of the page, it's just to long.

The resolution of the image is high enough that I was able to use A3 sheets too.

Skaven Zverov and soulmatrix3 like this.
  12. Larus BR

Larus BR Rookie

Excepcional WORK. Congrats,

I got one beginner question related to Dampers.

On your guide, you sad "Bump setting should be lower than the corresponding rebound setting"

i'm lost here. I was thinking bump should be slower than rebound. i don't know if i'm confused by my bad english or bump should be faster than rebound.

Help-me here

13. thank you very much for this

14. CmdrCody

CmdrCody Rookie

The guide mentions optimal tire pressure being 27-28 PSI. As far as I know, that's correct for slicks in dry conditions, but the wets in wet conditions are optimal at around 30 PSI.

Skaven Zverov and Fremen_78 like this.
  15. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thanks for your point of setting up the tyre temps and pressures, appreciated, i will include it in the guide :)

C#27 likes this.
  16. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I am not sure, we may need to check on this. I was gathering info from others, so, i am not sure myself. I mostly see in default setups that bump is lower value than rebound.

Anyone care to help here, with this issue, so we can clear it? :D

And, thanks, glad you liked the guide :)

17. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

You are very welcome :)

18. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Yes, thanks for pointing that out, i will include that info in the guide, appreciated! :)

19. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Tx MiG, OiTant and Fremen_78 like this.
  20. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

My understanding: Bump controls compression, rebound controls release, so the rebound should be higher.
    Slow bump helps control the natural tilt of the car in breaking,turning,etc. whereas fast bump it's intended to absorb kerbs, bumps, etc.

Skaven Zverov and Fremen_78 like this.