1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unreal Engine 5 revealed

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ShredatorFIN, May 13, 2020.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Running on Playstation 5. Not directly related to ACC but kind of. Kunos has experience with UE4 so maybe UE5 is an option for them in the future (AC2).

Last edited: May 13, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine Error ACC 1.9.2 May 6, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 crash Fatal error Line 198 Unreal Engine 0x887A0006 HUNG Dec 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine Crashes 3080Ti OC Nov 20, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting First crash after months: Unreal engine exiting due to d3d device lost Feb 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error Unreal Engine [GPU hang] Jan 2, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds unreal engine4 Dec 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.6.1] Unreal Engine 4 Crash Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost Sep 29, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine Crash since 1.5.5 update [3D device lost] Aug 28, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting crashes Unreal Engine [multiple unrelated reports and some poetry] Jun 21, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Question on the crashes happening lately and the Unreal Engine May 12, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. May 3, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine fatal Crash in CP server Version 1.3.11 Apr 23, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Beware" of Nviidia most recent 445 driver Crashed the unreal engine on my pc. Mar 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine crashing when entering video/graphics settings Nov 29, 2019

3. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys,

i thought i share with you that reveal trailer and more in-depth gameplay with Unreal Engine 5.
    It is probably not possible for ACC to sort of just port over to this new engine but maybe we see the next AC game in UE5, who knows :) Hope posting this here is not completely off topic.

Trailer

In-Depth

4. that looks ... sexual

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Looks amazing, doubt it will run amazing on the system of 90% of pc owners tho :D

Fremen_78, chksix and m_box97 like this.
  6. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

thats why i plan to be part of the 10%, or even less (3080Ti :D)
    i picture the next AC installment in maybe 3 years running on this engine and salivate :D

kamkie, F1Aussie and chksix like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yea don't think that will happen. Is there history of any game doing that? (4.xx updates yes, but not 3.0 --> 4.0 overhaul)

https://forums.unrealengine.com/com...ible-to-upgrade-a-project-built-in-ue3-to-ue4

Afaik Kunos had some hard time with Unreal 4 (especially with how it suited simracing), so maybe they go for in-house engine next time. But on the other hand, experience with UE4 might make UE5 less painful. Perhaps UE5 is easier for developers/more forgiving in terms of optimization. (Or perhaps it isn't.)

Unreal 4 became like a curse word for me, almost all games I bought that used it, ran poorly with no apparent reason (where as some others reported good performance), blurry AA (problem in some games more than others), some stuttering or tearing issues, always something. I can usually instantly recognize Unreal 4 games by how they look. Not that it looks bad, ACC is the prettiest sim out there, things just have that "Unreal 4" look to them. Unreal 5 doesn't seemingly have that at all though

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Fremen_78 likes this.
  8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

In an Abgefahren interview Marco said that Kunos not only want to develop products but also technology. I'm hoping they will create their own engine and they won't have to rely on 3rd parties. They did a great job with AC1 which still looks amazing and more importantly also runs amazing.

Belgakinen and th3o like this.
  9. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I agree, AC still looks gorgeous, just the other day i fired it up and did some racing on Red Bull Ring around 8-9 in the morning in mid clear setting and was thinking how well it still holds up, and looks also sharper too even than ACC. I would be very interested to see what Kunos can cook up as an own new engine of course. Though apparently UE5 is supposed to be much easier to handle than UE4 as far as i understand things. BUt we will see i guess.

10. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

Won't it be possible to compile UE4 code in UE5?
    If so, we could have nice updates for ACC in the future.

11. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Should be so awesome if ACC moves to UE5...

12. Psit

Psit Alien

Lets see if UE5 can render shadows more than 20 meters away from your view.
    Edit: Crisp shadows*

Epistolarius, mitchgixer6 and AndyK70 like this.
  13. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

As someone stated before, its highly unlikely to happen as the gamecode is highly intertwined with UE4.

14. rycil

rycil Simracer

Insane!

15. houssen

houssen Racer

Seeing that the unreal engine is implemented for ps4 xbox, it is clear why you have chosen this graphic engine, right?

it is a company to earn money and if with this graphic engine they can sell it to another market

16. bullet800

bullet800 Gamer

Wow!

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

houssen likes this.
  17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

What's that logic? AC1 sold on ps4 and xbox too.

th3o likes this.
  18. Dani

Dani Rookie

That will not happen, there is no point to port ACC to UE5, even if UE5 does this seamless. Licenses are the key.

19. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I'm sure ports from 4 to 5 will be possible. But I would think to take full advantage of all UE5 has to offer, the graphics would need to be completely redone. The ACC physics and menu system / hardware support, etc should all be able to stay. Can you imagine ACC with this engine? Whoa. Based on what I heard Marco say though, it sounds like he prefers that they build the next one in house.

th3o likes this.
  20. houssen

houssen Racer

[QUOTE = "Oblit0r, post: 1135876, miembro: 154311"] ¿Cuál es esa lógica? AC1 vendido en ps4 y xbox también. [/ QUOTE]
    Compare this unreal 5 graphics engine with another engine
    graphic
    it's like comparing ps1 with ps4
    millions of polygons do not have to be falsified with shadow maps
    you can model as you want
    another world for developers

21. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Ok, so apparently for example Fortnite will do the switch to UE5 from UE4...so it seems to be possible. Maybe UE5 is not entirely new but basically a very advanced UE4 with new tech implemented and then they just called it UE5 while the groundwork is still the same. No idea, just speculation...
    Oh and also interesting to know that the engine is still not in developers hands...its still a long way.

"Unreal Engine 5 will be available in preview in early 2021, and in full release late in 2021, supporting next-generation consoles, current-generation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android. We're designing for forward compatibility, so you can get started with next-gen development now in UE4 and move your projects to UE5 when ready. We will release Fortnite, built with UE4, on next-gen consoles at launch and, in keeping with our commitment to prove out industry-leading features through internal production, migrate the game to UE5 in mid-2021."

Last edited: May 14, 2020