1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

Only real problem here is the server and the missing races. Same thing happens to every other game, sometimes you have rough weeks and they need some time to hotfix this
    1.-4. Non issue. Stats are only there because people cried for it. In the end no one cares about your hot lap times since they're completly irrelevant in any event/league. Comparable lap times are done online, on a server because conditions matter so much.
    5. Probably your own issue. I alt tab all the time while doing setups, never had this issue. Maybe your wheel disables when youre not ingame which causes the ffb loss.
    6.-7. Non issue? They already said they make ui custom movable with the next patch. The setup thing might be an user error, i never heard anyone complain about this or had this issue before.

If you compare this game to a beta, you probably havent played any beta game in the last time. Obviously the game is not perfect and there a lot of things to be done but the game works.
    Im getting so tired of checking this thread for intresting discussion, about new features or ideas and the only thing im seeing is people whining about minior issues or non issues. If you have an issue post it in the Support forum not here.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  2. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Ye old "add a lot of immersion" argument , covers all eventualities , not sure what it means though.

3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

What might be a non-issue to you might be completely ruining somebody else's experience tho.

4. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

LOL at stats bugs being an non issue because some guy on the forum does not care about other people's lap times.
    I bought a product. Stats screen, ratings etc were advertised. Ratings are one of the reasons why I bought it. I want to become a consistent driver and they help me with this. Lap times give me feedback on my progress. I bought a "finished" game, i.e. not an early access one, and I expect the features in the game that have been advertised to work. Is that too much?

I reported most of these bugs in the support forum already. Kunos never replied to any of the threads. The FFB loss was confirmed by others as well, its not my wheel, no other game does this.

With regards to servers, sure other games have problems too. But as you say, they hotfix them. Hotfixing is hot because its quick. Either that, or other games have devs who post a quick update "hey, we know the servers are ****ty, let us solve the situation by the end of the week, we're working on it!"

5. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

Just because they dont reply, doesnt mean they havent read it, spamming all forums wont help the issue at all.
    Youre the reason why devs stop posting or reading on forums. Happend in Apex too, Devs where really actice on the Reddit then people only complained that the Devs arent doing ****. Which is simply not the case they're working hard and you dont want to read that youre not working, after a hard day of trying to fix stuff. They just cant click on the "fix all button" and everything is fixed it takes time and workhours to find bugs and fix them.

Corona hit Italy quite heavly, i think every Dev of Acc is affected by it, in some way or the other, we cant expect them to work at 100% right now. Being on the forum insulting the devs is just mean and wont help at all.
    Im out of this Thread, you reminded me why i stopped regulary reading or posting in this forum.
    Have a nice day and stay healthy.

6. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Can't expect them to be sitting on the forums all the time but a little bit better communication would help a lot. There are a lot of bugs fixed but also a lot of very old bugs and other issues not fixed and nobody knows if they ever will be so kind of understand the frustration some might have.

Vi42per and JakubFranek like this.
  7. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

There won't be a safety car.

8. Unknownuser

Unknownuser Rookie

Yep, awesome, what a nice way to welcome the "new" guys, some of who by the way are only new on the official forum but not to AC/ACC. I understand some people have low standards but that doesnt mean expecting a bit more is an "unreflected whine".
    But its probably better to pretend all is OK, advertised features arent importnat and devs should focus on doing something meaningful instead.

Vi42per likes this.
  9. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Gotta love the elitism even in the "my whinging is more important than yours" attitude. :D

10. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

The loudest bird in the nest gets food first.

sissydriver likes this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Dookie means it was first Blancpain then GT World

12. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

„Game is broken” they say, meanwhile all my stats work correctly apart from minor bugs that we know will sure be fixed at some point just like others were, and ratings do show all the session as they should, CP works fine, game runs brilliant in VR, personally I love FFB, cars handle like magic, SRO is doing amazing job with e-sports drivers are getting better themselves , and I can all enjoy it because someone is working his *** off to make it happen, guys really there is no need what so ever to even think that recently game stoped working or became unplayable because it’s not like that, that are doing great job with development and focusing on stuff they should focus, it’s like that all the time, the closer we are to a big update the less hot-fixes we get and people say devs-are lazy or game is dead, pls stop XD, they are focusing on ESports, bringing great console game and 1.4 that works as it should rather than working on some little tweaks to 1.3 to make some people happy about their stats, I just can’t wait for 1.4 just to stop people from saying that that are ignorant and lazy or something other, they are not, ACC has some issues, every game has, but none of those small issues are game braking or making it unplayable

13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Unknownuser @Vi42per -
    sorry if it came across as if you were meant - that is not the case, was about a general current at the moment here in the forum, not about you specifically

edit: @Maciej Malinowski - 100% d'accord

14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

What if they are trying to sort the stats issue out without having everyone's resetting?
    It happened before where they had to reset everyone's to zero.
    What would you prefer, stats showing correctly but them being reset to zero? Or they not fully showing but still being there?

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Definitely a reset. Hope they will remove the invalid laps aswell because it has no purpose.

Vision_Slayer_525 likes this.
  16. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Hmm some may think they don’t want a reset but TBH with all changes recently that would actually be quite good and the same for everyone, will be more accurate to current state of what is capable with current state of physics and BoP

17. Vi42per

Vi42per Gamer

No offense taken, I adopted your title "new whiner" myself (although I would describe myself rather as - paying customer) and I want to demonstrate, that I for one (and I believe am not alone) do not demand any new features whatsoever, only maybe functional CP and stable MP in general (I am aware @Maciej Malinowski that you claim that everything is fine, I am talking about us mere mortals now - see the recent MP Support section of the forum). What I keep hearing (from crowd, not from devs) is that the team has different priorities (being a game on PS4 and so on) rather than providing the quality service to existing customers. Well, of course I do not even consider believing such accusations towards Kunos, but what I don't understand is why someone tries to defend the authors with such a claim. If something, it hurts the reputation more than it helps (if someone believes it that is). I am not asking for anything new, I want back what I already had, just some weeks ago.

Honestly, speaking for myself, seeing a simple sentence from devs like - "we're aware of the recent issues, we're on it, if you can't withstand it, come back in xyz weeks" would be 100% satisfactory for me. Same they did when couple of months ago ratings went suddenly down and they had to do some DB restore. Well communicated, solved in couple of days, everyone happy. The current silence is well..something new. If this is too much to ask, then sorry to cause a waves and we can go back to the FCY/PC/SC/Nordschleife/1.4 usuals of this thread so that @Rabbitsensei and some others do not feel repulsed.

Disclaimer - speaking for myself, I have no reason to think that devs are lazy or the game is dead and other accusations I honestly haven't even recently noticed any trace of those claims.

18. A lot of people are now complaining about graining.
    The same people run very extreme steering wheel sensitivity...
    I heard you will reduce it again.

Is it true @Aristotelis?

I haven't tried it, but I like that there is graining.
    I remember it was not present after a 2h stint on a night at Paul Ricard before 1.3.x when you implemented it, which seems strange.

19. I only had light graining at Zandvoort in fairly warm weather, including having front aero damage for quite a few laps. Was a 45min race. It's probably one of the worst tracks for that as well.

I think people just drive a little too much like ooga-boogas lol. But I also prefer a slower steering ratio myself so.

EDIT: With that said I dont know how much is too much, never driven a GT3 nor on proper Pirelli slicks so.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  20. Ale Robles

Ale Robles Racer

Respect.