1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Skaven Zverov, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. KToMmi

KToMmi Gamer

Pretty nice work, even though there are still several mistakes I'd point out:
    - if tyres overheat, lowering the pressure will make it worse (lower pressure = lower stiffness = greater movement of the rubber = more heat generated through hysteresis)
    - aero: increasing the rake moves the aero balance forwards, not backwards;
    - low top speeds: lengthening the gear ratios isn't an option in these cars.

Also, in the overheating/cold tyres boxes I would add the brake ducts tweaking as the first step to manage heat transfer within rims and tyres.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  2. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Yeah, that's how i understood it, too, that is how it is in the guide. Thanks!

3. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thank you for your input, i will check it out today and make changes. I mistook temps with pressure, when we spoke about it few days ago :D I added the ducts significance at the top of the guide. :)

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  4. X_Racer01

X_Racer01 Racer

many thanks for your job !!

5. You say caster is not important.
    I use ffb at default and adjust caster and steering ratio in the setup instead.
    I think it's more reliable.

mystek and Skaven Zverov like this.
  6. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I don't say anything, i am just a messenger :) I collect info...call me "The Collector" :p

That is good to know, i will include that info about caster. I've already put the steering ratio that is used in setups. Thanks :)

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  7. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

8. mystek

mystek Racer

Caster is important. It is corelated with wheel camber when wheels are turned ( higher caster = higher camber when wheels are turned). Caster is important during braking as well (determins how cambered wheels react when braking). When cornering in middle section of corner too high caster = understeer. Basicly high caster is good when cornering in, but too high caster can cause understeer in middle part of corner.

9. in my opinion we can collect a series of question to answer in time so that we can provide a database for everybody.
    I will start with my first question: is there any relationship between camber, wheel rate and psi of the tyres???

In this way, someone more experienced will be able to answer this question and you will be able to add it.

I think there are patterns that link a parameter to another in the research of a operational window, but I still have not enough knowledge to spot all of them.

10. Unf

Unf Racer

Good job mate, it's a shame that such informations are not included inside the game...

Fremen_78 and Skaven Zverov like this.
  11. mystek

mystek Racer

#Unf - I was thinking about it (including those imformation into game), before I was thinking like You - should be in game. But I changed my opinion and it's good that there is no those information in game, because it's SIMULATOR. Amateurs can play it (game gives them default setups), but if u want to be faster you have to use brain, use imagination how for example mass balance working, how aero working etc. This game is not Mario Bros, when u turn on game, play for fun (and only fun), turn off, forget. This game is kind of strategy games (Warcraft, Starcraft etc), when details and expierience how to for example build base is more important. You not found information in Warcraft what is best one, how to build buildings and generaly base to best protection. That's why ACC is not boring game after 6 months since I play it :) Still learning!

12. SYBER1AN

SYBER1AN Rookie

13. Unf

Unf Racer

I can't agree. Ok this is simulator, but even if you are semi-pro or pro you need to know how some things work. There is no answer like "make toe like this and you are going to win the race". This is just shame imo that we need to use pdf's from internet instead of having basic information inside ;)

14. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Yeah. Poor real drivers are playing a Arcade game in real life because they need engineers who know how to setup a car for them...

15. you think an info like "more front arb reduce understeer" is what you need?
    what you need are patterns to find the right operating window of the car.
    for instance: "this car needs soft front arb anyway, so reduce understeer in other ways".

And the only way you can earn such knowledge is:
    - you developed the car. OR -you gained a lot of experience with it.

there is not a formula that works, there are only operating window. You need to find the one that suits the contest, and then you need to learn to drive it. THIS IS NOT PC2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skaven Zverov and mystek like this.
  16. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

You need info like what each brake pad is, what temperature or pressure brakes and tires should be, what each map is doing for example.
    You need to know if lower number means closed or open for brake ducts.

That just for starting...

You shouldn't need to go and search the forums for that

Fremen_78 and martcerv like this.
  17. Thanks Skaven. This guide is much appreciated. Thanks for your hard work.

18. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I agree at least basic info should be in the game, but how to approach setup...It takes a lot of work to make it work. They have a lot to fix still, starting with delta info, lights disappearing, who knows what else...

But that can be discussed on another thread. What we can do now, here, is getting a better guide for old and new players who want to get into ACC more :)

------------

What i would like to do for the Phase 2 of the guide, is try and present "how to approach" setup, what to look, which thing is correlated with what and what they do. I would need help for that, and i appreciate any :)

Fremen_78 likes this.
  19. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thank you very much for that useful info, i will add it to the guide, expand what is currently there in next version. :)

20. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

This is a good info, for Phase two of the guide, "how to setup". I would be glad if you can help with it. I will start working on in in the next few days. Those questions are the good ones, and i would love to hear more, it is very helpful approach that should be in the guide.

The problem is i am not good with setup and understanding it. I mean, i have some knowledge, but as an engineer, i am rookie level. So, those questions i can't really ask since i am a noob at that department. That is why i am asking for help to shape up that idea in second part of the guide.

Fisrt part so far is just an explanation, second part is harder :D

Last edited: May 16, 2020