1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

For games in general you can get a pretty close estimate for what 5760x1080 performance you'll get, by using a dynamic super resolution that's close to the resolution you're "simulating". I assume it's the same in ACC. Activate DSR in the Nvidia control panel (if you haven't already) and test for example 3325x2078. That equals 6 909 350 pixels. 5760x1080 is 6 220 800. So they should be pretty close in the amount of pixels that need to be rendered.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by menos

LukFry and menos | M6 like this.
  2. Stains

Stains Simracer

I found I could run 4k single easier than I can run 5760x1080 triples!

I did the math and lowered res scale down from 4k to approximately the same pixels before getting triples and was getting better fps on the single with same pixels than I get now with actual triples.

In other words, it's hard to simulate the load 3 screens makes on a single setup.

I hope that makes sense.

LukFry likes this.
  3. Tomz

Tomz Rookie

I just got second monitor and i would like to test dual monitors in ACC, on Iracing and AC everything works fine. Is there any guide on how to make two monitors work in ACC?

4. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Just make an Nvidia Surround monitor and use that custom resolution in ACC.

The new res you created in Nvidia Surround should appear in ACC menu.

chargingcar likes this.
  5. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

Hi
    I recently setup tripple monitors with my setup of

Monitors - 1080p x 1140p x 1080p

I set a custom resolution of 6400x1440p

which is (1920+2560+1920)x(1140) Width of all 3 monitorx x height o my biggest monitor.

It seems to work apart form the bezel lines are about 2 inches in from the edge of my center monitor. It doesn't matter what tripple screen settings I adjust these lines do not move.

upload_2020-5-14_16-13-2.png

Is this because ACC assumes all monitors are the same width so just dividess the screen into 3 equal pieces? Do you think ACC will allow us to customize the width of individual displays?

6. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

This is something you can try (it may or may not solve your problem but I tend towards the first):
    -remove the bezel correction in ACC view settings
    - create a new NVIDIA surround resolution with bezel correction
    - start ACC and select new NVIDIA bezel corrected custom resolution

Whitestar likes this.
  7. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

I can't use Surround as it has issues with monitors with multiple resolutions, I got around the issue by using SRWE and setting a custom resolution that was the width of my center screen multiplied by 3.
    However I still have a problem with scaling on the side monitors, as they are different DPI the image gets offset has you move down the screen, I've been attempting to rectify this with customer resolutions on my side screens but currently haven't found a workable solution.

8. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

There may be another workaround that may lead you to the finish (experimental) - if (and only if) all three screens have the same aspect ratio you could try to:

- determine the scaling factor from side screen to center screen resolution
    - use this scaling factor to create a custom single screen resolution for the side screens = you should end up with all three screens using the SAME resolution
    - now either use these three screens (the side screens "pretending" to be the same as the center screen) either directly in ACC (now with the bezel moved to the correct place) or create a NVIDIA Surround custom resolution

I doubt this works but it just may ;-)

9. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

You are correct, to get it to really work you have to make a custom resolution for the side monitors so that all 3 monitors have essentially the same DPI. For my side monitors had had to increase the horizontal resolution to 1250 (From 1080 native) and this looked about right, i did this via trail and error so could probably be more precise.
    The downside is the monitor can't really handle the odd aspect ratio so text and other things looks stretched and blurry. Oh one thing, you have to turn off resolution scaling in the nvida control panel otherwise it does not work. I wonder if anyone has come up with some sort of calculator that can take your existing resolutions and come up with the correct mathematical answer, so far I've been unable to find it.

ZebaZ and menos | M6 like this.
  10. ZebaZ

ZebaZ Rookie

Did you ever get this to work completely?
    I ask because i have the exact same issue with triple monitors using SRWE.
    And also one more question: Additionally for me when using SRWE the taskbar stays visible in ACC. In AC this does not happen with SRWE. Did you have this issue also?

11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Been trying to remove the seat ears from an acceptable view distance. Are you guys using the actual/real distance to monitors, or are these adjusted? If I use actual, the straps cover the right side mirror. Just discovered it's corrected if I lower my distance to monitor value (actual is 720mm, but it seems corrected if I set it lower to 550-620mm only).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  12. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Just use the correct values.. That's the only way to get the image right. Use seat adjustments if needed.

13. Stains

Stains Simracer

I always use correct distances and it depends on the car if i can see passenger side mirror . This is a few different cars , trying to sit in the same position using seat adjustments . I sat in each car at the same spot trying to get me seat height and distance the same in all cars . Quite a PITA really.
    20200317165921_1.jpg 20200317165859_1.jpg 20200723180418_1.jpg

sherpa25 likes this.
  14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Ok, thanks. I get similar with those straps blocking the right mirror. Moving them make the mirror more visible tends to make the position too low. Will keep playing around w/ them.

Stains likes this.
  15. luchian

luchian Simracer

Hi,
    Maybe this has been discussed in this massive thread (in fact, I am even hoping for a solution :D).

I'm a big fan of replays. I use triple screens.
    The issue is that with triples, the TV cameras are very zoomed-in.
    It seems that basically the normal FOV is considered, and then the image is cropped until it fills 3 screens (LFS used to have this problem back in the days).

Anyone knows of any workaround for this?

(Of course, I know that if I go back to single screen, the reply will look fine. But I do not wish to switch back to single every time I wish to watch a replay).

16. Stains

Stains Simracer

Have you selected triple screen in the graphics options? Then you can pause the game and go to view settings from the pause menu and set it to your setup! Screen size, distance to eyes and screen angles , this will give you the correct FOV and it looks perfect ;) scroll up a couple of posts to see my view in ACC.

17. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I normally switch immediately to the 2nd trackside cam. That's much less zoomed in.

18. Stains

Stains Simracer

Oh snap, maybe I will learn to read the whole post! Sorry , disregard my last post.

19. luchian

luchian Simracer

Of course I cycle through, but they the problem is still there.
    I know there is json file with cameras in Documents, but as far as I saw, no impact?
    I really hoped that somebody solved this somehow.. :(

20. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Issue: Triples selected but resolution created in NVidia Surround is not showing up in-game (only 5760x1080, not custom). Anyone knows how to address the issue?