1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Skaven Zverov, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Great to see! Hopefully it will help :D

Btw, i will do more versions of this, and it will have part 2, with "how to setup" part, so, make sure you come by and check where are we standing with the guide in next few days/weeks :)

2. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

You are very welcome :)

3. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

No probs, glad to be of help. :)

4. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

JCR, quelus, P308R and 4 others like this.
  5. mystek

mystek Racer

Ok, infos like "what each map is doing" is fine, should be into game, same brake pads (1-4 what it means) and exactly what lower/higher number means in each position of setup. Yep, that definetily should be, because now you have deduct what means front ARB 1 is stiff or 10? That is weak. But come one - you don't need to know what ARB gives, what rear spoiler gives or speclialy what temperature of tires should be!! Come on, someone would like car feeling with 26PSI, someone with 29PSI. If game gives information like this (tire temps) it would be stupid, because actually they could erase tire temp from game, and set default 28PSI. It is better wohen peple would come here and read imo.

6. mystek

mystek Racer

#Skaven - I'm not sure my english is good with explanation of caster :p Probably there is a lot grammar errors :p. And I took it from racing guide (not GT3 cars). I tried to change caster and in my opinion lower caster gives better turn into corner, but not sure now actually, because with caster I changed cambers as well. Now I'm testing brake balance (I was driving in Lexus with 58% about, when default is 61,4% or kind of and hot lappers playing with 61-62% brake bias. Now I'm trying to go to those values of BB), but later I will try to change some casters and check it.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  7. SYBER1AN

SYBER1AN Rookie

Ok, thank you (and all involved) for this guide! :)

8. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

Thank you a lot for this guide.
    After having over 3500h in assetto corsa, playing ACC seems I forgot everything I used to know about setups. Hopefully this helps me understand it quite a bit more ;)

9. alexpass80

alexpass80 Rookie

Hi.
    If not already in process, i may be happy to translate this in Italian and French also. Do you think you can give me the text file? I wouldn't know how to put them in the page though but we can check this later on.
    Thanks

Skaven Zverov, lucag77 and Fremen_78 like this.
  10. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

It isn't, thanks for helping out, will send you the message with the link for PSD file. :)

11. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

You are welcome, hope it helps :)

12. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thanks, it will help, i've changed some spelling errors, Hopeully if it is wrong, someone will correct us. We are just collecting info into guide, and guide should be community effort.

13. mateylm

mateylm Rookie

Thanks for the excellent work. I could translate it to spanish if you provide me the editable file.

14. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

You are welcome :) I will send you the PSD of latest version on PM :)

15. RichRyx

RichRyx Rookie

Hey Skaven. What a great setup aid!
    Is it OK if I share this? I think it can help a lot of people. I will of course credit back to here. : )

16. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Of course, it is ok :)

And, tnanks :)

17. RichRyx

RichRyx Rookie

No worries man. It is a brilliant guide! Helped me out a lot!

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Help, I tried to download, and get an error, 404.

I tried the "save pic as", but as commented here, this site compresses the image too much.

Thanks in advance.

19. Yisus

Yisus Gamer

May i upload a pdf document from your large image for you? I will try to keep the quality.

20. Yisus

Yisus Gamer

This is a basic word with image crops, i hope u like it and you are free to post in your OP message. Anyway this is your hard work, not mine. So if you arent agree with the pdf i can delete it without problems! I just want to help a bit

Greetings!

Attached Files:

Skaven Zverov, Racert46 and LATE4APEX like this.