1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

I suppose teh difference for me is I'm in VR so can just look over and see those things coming.

RWa likes this.
  2. GONKO

GONKO Racer

But the offending car was out of view due the car at the 2 o'clock position. VR wouldn't help here, I don't think.

3. The first contact in front of you (at 14 sec) in your video is clearly visible. You lifted the throttle 3 seconds later. So there was no way to avoid it? o_O

Tim Larsen, Rema84, AndyK70 and 3 others like this.
  4. RWa

RWa Simracer

Ok, and you think lift earlier would have helped? A total stop was the only thing what could have helped. Sounds also not logic to me.

5. lionbest

lionbest Racer

I find that I'm willing to take some risks. If there's the slimmest chance I'll make it through a gap when there are cars spinning and going across the track, I will go for it.

Most likely wouldn't do the same in real life lol

mystek and RWa like this.
  6. Of course lifting earlier would have helped.
    Going full speed in a situation like this makes you to a "Server-Idiot" as well.

7. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

@RWa Watching at the onboard video I would have personally reacted to the Lexus going on the brakes, it was instinctive the first time I watched the video. Nobody is telling you that it was your fault (I hope) but that you could have been more cautious and maybe avoided it.
    Look at the start of this video
    There is no throttle input but you can hear the engine/look at the RPM, I was very cautious on the throttle and ready on the brakes. Some times it's not enough but maybe in your situation it could have made a difference

AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  8. Turk

Turk Alien

It would, watching the onboard now, couldn't before. I can see it coming even in single screen. If you see cars bunch up like that at the start, you can take it for granted they will have a crash. It all starts at 14sec you can even see the offending car has already completely lost control a second or two later (obviously not as easy to spot in the heat of the moment). If you had lifted when they started colliding with each other you may have had a better chance of avoiding the accident.

You won't lose out if you lift in a situation like that, it doesn't matter if people overtake you, because they'll just end up in the accident like you did and you can go around them. On the fist lap just avoid drama and let everyone take each other out. Even if you get overtaken you will probably gain that position back by just pressuring the guy in front to make mistakes.

The bottom line is it's better to lose a place or two than end up in a accident. Especially on a CP server where you have the time to gain back positions through over takes and letting others take themselves out of the equation.

chksix, Oxie, AndyK70 and 3 others like this.
  9. MABR

MABR Gamer

A little older. I don't know who's to blame or luck or skill here. At least I had good reflexes back then.:D

10. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Jep, still feel the same. You must have seen something was going wrong in front. You tell us you couldn't oversee the whole situation. But yet you went on the offensive trying to overtake the lot of them, while everyone else was lifting of the throttle.

So yes, you gambled and lost. It happens. Bad luck. No biggy. But I think you have only yourself to blame for it.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Rema84, chksix, mystek and 3 others like this.
  11. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I'm convinced you are trolling dude.
    Stick to the hotlapping. Anyone actually racing is going for that gap.

RWa likes this.
  12. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Wow what a mess. Grid full of over enthusiastic drivers here. Amazed they got through Eau Rouge untouched but decided to go nuts on the straight.

mystek likes this.
  13. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Please stop misusing that saying. This is not the kind of gap Senna was talking about. And if you don't understand this, than that is too bad for you. You will keep crashing in these situations for ever.

Rema84, chksix, AndyK70 and 2 others like this.
  14. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I'm not talking about senna dude. A gap is there, places to be made. I'd be all over that.

15. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Totally agree. you can see the incident unfolding in front of you. At that moment expect cars to be all over the track (which they were). Lifting earlier would have helped.

If you have to stop to avoid a collision then stop.
    The alternative is to not stop and crash. Or hope to get lucky. You may be behind the pack of cars that did crash but at least you will be in an undamaged car and therefore in a better position to gain some places later on.
    The race is not won on the first corner don’t forget.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    JanR, Rema84, AndyK70 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Yet, when a Lexus goes for the gap on you in a battle for first, you think he is at fault. Interesting stuff.

chksix, AndyK70, m_box97 and 3 others like this.
  17. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Well there was no gap there. I was on the racing line and he stuck it up the inside using my car as a brake. You can see this by how the lexus made no brake attempt for the corner. I don't understand your logic. Do you actually race in ACC or just do hot stints etc.
    Real question?

18. Turk

Turk Alien

Even though, as we can clearly see, there was no way to avoid the accident once they all started colliding with each other?

I wouldn't call that a gap, it was more of a trap. A big part of any race is making it to the end.

Rema84, chksix, Vítor Sousa and 6 others like this.
  19. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Perhaps. I am generally Conservative, but in this case I'd. Be straight up the left. Everything seems OK from the drivers seat. It's the race start so some drivers could be asleep at the wheel.

20. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Yes, it's always somebody else's fault. I get it. I'm done here. Have a nice life.