1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. This kind of argumention is just stupid. Especially in the case of @RWa. o_O

Online public multi player only. RC 99 SA 99 ;)

Winston likes this.
  2. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Now I understand all the T1 heroes. They are seeing gaps that are in reality traps.
    It is just not intelligent but dangerous driving when trying to overtake a bunch of drivers slowing down because there is a big chaotic mess in front of them that will end in some crashes right after green lights. Let the drivers sort and settle the first lap and then start racing.

JanR, Rema84, TurboTomato and 10 others like this.
  3. SlowLarry

SlowLarry Gamer

This is of course simracing in a nutshell. Because you dont need to pay the ultimate price as a last consequence of a mistake someone else makes people do take all kind of risks and "go for the gap". Its okay though, as a clever racer you can usually spend the first laps of public race comfortable at the back and then race the leftovers.

4. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I have said it before. Those at the back of the pack are in the best position to not be involved in a crash, as they can see what is going on in front of them.
    Those at the front are at the mercy of other racers. Those in the middle are also at the mercy of others but can create space if they don’t like those around them (in the hope those behind do the same of course).

XettMan likes this.
  5. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I take the points you are all making. I feel most vulnerable from pole.

Thug likes this.
  6. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

I shall from now on refer to the cases wher I get crashed by drivers "going for the gap" before T1 as being "Gonkoed"

Rema84, TurboTomato, chksix and 3 others like this.
  7. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

Worst thing about being anything apart from pole or last is when you slow (not even brake) for a collision or swerving car ahead of you and then get taken out from behind.

I guess you just can't worry about that though.

Winston and XettMan like this.
  8. baboon

baboon Alien

I think most times in a situation like this you just pass the slow cars and all is good. If sometimes - I'd think quite rarely - some car shoots over the track into your path of travel then so be it. But if you have reasons to play it safe then slow down at the moment you see cars touching each other in front of you. It's your choice, there can be good arguments found for both approaches. Personally, for random sprint race I would always take the first option.

9. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

This thread is called "Who's at fault". So the question here isn't which option would you take, but who's at fault. The TS on this one, claims he's the victim here after "going for the gap that exists" in a situation like this. Please don't encurrange him to keep driving like this and ruin other peoples races.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Tim Larsen, AndyK70 and XettMan like this.
  10. RWa

RWa Simracer

Hi, what do you mean with this? That I did ruin someone else race? If that is the case... then you are such a funny guy.

11. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Listen, you posted your video here in order to get feedback from others on who's at fault. I feel you could have avoided crashing here. So yes, for crashing I feel you have only yourself to blame. No need to defend your action here and start calling people names. You asked for this feedback yourself. Ironicly again, you have only yourself to blame.

AndyK70 and Winston like this.
  12. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Only Perel can Davebomb at T1 without crashing ;) (see his latest Nurb SRO race replay)

Starts at 24:04

Why can't the video start at the specified point? :(

AndyK70 and Snoeipaard like this.
  13. Time stamps are not working here for... ...reasons :cool:

chksix likes this.
  14. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Mua, I wouldn't go as far as to call that a divebomb. I think it was a nice calculated risk. He didn't overshoot. This was going for the gap that exists. Too bad he couldn't make it stick.

chksix likes this.
  15. GONKO

GONKO Racer

If he was taken out here, all we would be reading is posts about how he didn't check is radar, or how he should have braked etc.
    He is a racer. He spots a good gap and goes for it.

16. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Yes, if he would have mist his braking point and overshoot here, we would be saying the other driver got "Gonkoed" ;)

Rema84, XettMan and Vítor Sousa like this.
  17. GONKO

GONKO Racer

What rubbish are you talking. I am referring to cars crashing into him, not overshooting a braking zone. Come on dude, keep up with what is going on.
    Being gonkoed is when some idiot purposely crashes me off, I see the replay and see it was done on purpose, then that motherfu**er is getting gonkoed on the next lap LOL.
    But for me to react in such a way, it has to be obvious that the other guy done it maliciously and on purpose. If I am not sure, the guy escapes a Gonko bomb LOL!!!

18. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

No, being Gonkoed is getting crashed into by a driver which was going for the gap that DID NOT exist. This usually seems to happen during race starts and/or at T1. It is final and you have no say in the matter. :D

19. GONKO

GONKO Racer

My name, my rules LOL

20. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

I like to see it's starting to be used :p

Snoeipaard likes this.